Say you have a body. Now what?

NorthWind

3 minutes ago, norseman said:

.......But if I wanted to study an existing species on US Fish and Wildlife lands? I could show my academic credentials and buy a permit.........

Ask former Katmai National Park Superintendent Debra Williams about the 13 years of permits acquired by "bear expert" Timothy Treadwell. Her blank stare, muttering, and excuses ought to be Oscar-winning if you're able to catch it on video.

Funny, the media never bothered asking her about it.............

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

Ask former Katmai National Park Superintendent Debra Williams about the 13 years of permits acquired by "bear expert" Timothy Treadwell. Her blank stare, muttering, and excuses ought to be Oscar-winning if you're able to catch it on video.

Funny, the media never bothered asking her about it.............

I bet!

But the US Fish and Wildlife is not in charge of the US Park Service or the US Forest Service or the BLM. I specifically asked. They are in charge of National Wildlife Refuge systems. 

The whole thing seems rather redundant and top heavy. 

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/little_pend_oreille/

20 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Anthony's long lost twin brother? Is he well hung?

🤣  🤣  Glad I’m not a researcher,  I’ll leave that bit of research to others. Lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, norseman said:

.........But the US Fish and Wildlife is not in charge of the US Park Service or the US Forest Service or the BLM. I specifically asked. They are in charge of National Wildlife Refuge systems........

Treadwell had been in bad blood with the NPS due to numerous violations for several years before the bears killed him and his girlfriend in 2003. The failure to buy a permit was the NPS too. to evict his dumb behind, but they failed to do it. AFAIC, the air taxi operator flying out of Kodiak should have faced some serious heat, but he skated. 

In 2007 Les Stroud and a support crew of four in the nearby safety camp were cited by the United States National Park Service for commercial videotaping without a permit at Taroka Arm, within Kenai Fjords National Park. Stroud paid the required application, location, and monitoring fees, totaling approximately $2,800 USD.

Stroud smelled more like money? Or maybe the NPS had learned a lesson with Treadwell?

How does one establish "credentials" as a survival expert?

5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Treadwell had been in bad blood with the NPS due to numerous violations for several years before the bears killed him and his girlfriend in 2003. The failure to buy a permit was the NPS too. to evict his dumb behind, but they failed to do it. AFAIC, the air taxi operator flying out of Kodiak should have faced some serious heat, but he skated. 

In 2007 Les Stroud and a support crew of four in the nearby safety camp were cited by the United States National Park Service for commercial videotaping without a permit at Taroka Arm, within Kenai Fjords National Park. Stroud paid the required application, location, and monitoring fees, totaling approximately $2,800 USD.

Stroud smelled more like money? Or maybe the NPS had learned a lesson with Treadwell?

How does one establish "credentials" as a survival expert?

I think there is a lot to be said about getting blood out of a turnip.

They know this and just look the other way. Fines only work for people who have money. And there might have been some hippie buddy bias there as well.

On one of my forays recently up on Sherman pass I encountered a USFS crew picking up the garbage sacks at a campground. The one guy had dreadlocks almost to his butt and a big scraggly beard. He looked like a caveman in a green FS outfit.

Edited by norseman

I am going eat a very large dish of crow. 

Keep some vital DNA parts then contact some of my friends at the local university for further advice. 

And of course contact my attorney 

niece. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

1 minute ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I am going eat a very large dish of crow. 

Keep some vital DNA parts then contact some of my friends at the local university for further advice. 

Contact your friends in person I hope. And Maybe not say anything until everyone's phones are either off with the batteries out or wrapped in a secure fashion like a mylar envelope or tin foil. You and everyone else involved becoming digital ghosts should be a prerequisite to any conversations- as in no phone calls, no emails, no facebook, twitter or any other types of communication. And I hope your friends would understand the importance of such a find and the risk of being discovered being in any way connected to such a find.

13 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I am going eat a very large dish of crow.......

Crow doesn't taste all that bad when eaten amongst friends. 😀

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Crow doesn't taste all that bad when eaten amongst friends. 😀

You're right in that, Hunster, I've certainly eaten my share around this joint. It's not too, too bad. But it certainly doesn't taste like chicken!

• Haha 1

You guys are nuts😁well maybe just some of you. If you think you will get away with proving this by a body if the feds wants this to stay hidden. You won't.  They will ruing your lives and any you involve in this. They will say it was fake. Find things they install oon your computer that will discredit you and very likely put you in prison.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 7.62 said:

You guys are nuts😁well maybe just some of you. If you think you will get away with proving this by a body if the feds wants this to stay hidden. You won't.  They will ruing your lives and any you involve in this. They will say it was fake. Find things they install oon your computer that will discredit you and very likely put you in prison.

https://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/i-team-25-years-later-man-who-exposed-area-51/

18 minutes ago, norseman said:

The article was written by none other than George Knapp. At the end of it, in case no one was paying attention, was this:

"NOTE: The Area 51 exhibit at the Atomic Testing Museum is having a grand re-opening on Saturday, May 17. It is located at 755 E. Flamingo Rd. The phone number is (702)794-5151 and it is open on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sunday from noon to 5 p.m."

So, in my own humble opinion, the article was a marketing tool used to announce the museum's opening. Another nice career move for ol' George! The purveyor of government UFO propaganda for the past 30 years. Again my own highly cynical opinion.  

Edited by hiflier

49 minutes ago, hiflier said:

The article was written by none other than George Knapp. At the end of it, in case no one was paying attention, was this:

"NOTE: The Area 51 exhibit at the Atomic Testing Museum is having a grand re-opening on Saturday, May 17. It is located at 755 E. Flamingo Rd. The phone number is (702)794-5151 and it is open on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sunday from noon to 5 p.m."

So, in my own humble opinion, the article was a marketing tool used to announce the museum's opening. Another nice career move for ol' George! The purveyor of government UFO propaganda for the past 30 years. Again my own highly cynical opinion.  

Not my point at all. Why is “ole George” even still alive?