Say you have a body. Now what?

NorthWind

BFF Patron

Not sure the Feds care if anyone makes ancestral claims.     As wtth the Kennewick man they just wanted the bones taken and buried someplace rather than studied.     I have wondered if their big worry is that the first peoples are no more native to this continent than we are.  The so called NA were simply one of the first groups known to migrate here.   My gut feeling is that BF were already here watching them come.  No proof of that other than some tribes oral histories say that BF are the ancient ones that were here when the tribe got here.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Not sure the Feds care if anyone makes ancestral claims.     As wtth the Kennewick man they just wanted the bones taken and buried someplace rather than studied.     I have wondered if their big worry is that the first peoples are no more native to this continent than we are.  The so called NA were simply one of the first groups known to migrate here.   My gut feeling is that BF were already here watching them come.  No proof of that other than some tribes oral histories say that BF are the ancient ones that were here when the tribe got here.  

Well it went to court and ultimately the Indians won. But only after DNA testing confirmed it was an ancient ancestor of Eastern Washington tribes. They got to rebury the remains.

Have you guys ever smelled dead primates?  In college we had an open faced freeze like for ice cream which was filled with the bodies of dead primates, mostly monkeys but a couple chimps also.  You never went near this before lunch.  A dead 500 pound plus primate is going to leak every possible bodily fluid all over every time you touch or move it.  Now think about cutting it up because even the resident strong man here could not possible man-handle that kind of dead weight in and out of a pickup bed.  And of course you are going to have to carve this body up a bit since you cannot trust giving the whole thing to any single entity, certainly not state of federal governments.  Just doing the preliminary processing is going to be bad enough.  You need to prop the mouth open and get pictures of the dentition with a scale of some sort.  You need frontal, 45 degree, full face, top and bottom pictures of the head with a scale.  You need to photograph the feet and hands the same way.  You need blood, or tissue or hair samples---lots of them, for DNA.  A hand would be great but cutting off a hand is going to be hard without a chain saw or a hatchet.  You are going to have to retain a copy of the photographic evidence yourself.  You are also going to need to contact an attorney as you know there are going to be legal issues you have not even considered yet and let him handle the press. 

You need some friends to drive samples, cooled in ice or dry ice, to universities with a medical school.  This is necessary because body parts are going to have to be X-rayed, CAT scanned and MRI.  I would advise delivery by total surprise, contacting the Chair of The Medical School, Genetics Dept. and Anthro. Dept. once you arrive---tell them you have a bigfoot or parts in the parking lot.  They won't believe you but they will send a student they trust to have a look.  And tell them other institutions also have parts and give them SOME but not all of those names.  Be ready to mark the exact spot where found on a map and to undergo interrogation as to how you found it.

Get ready because the day you find a bigfoot body is going to be the first day of the rest of your life---for better or worse.