Say you have a body. Now what?

NorthWind

I  think it really depends on how deep the rabbit hole goes.. If and it's a big if but if the feds want this to remain undiscovered for what ever reasons they may have, You or anyone you involve

won't make it. You and everyone you involve will be discredited one way or another.

I would think it best to document clearly and concisely the order of events too. Take a video of the body including good close ups of the face, hands and feet and yourself cutting the body up and get as many small samples as possible. As most have said above I would think it would be prudent to not put all the eggs in one basket, take a foot to Meldrum, a hand to A N Other and another part to S O Else at a different university. I would deliver the parts personally if possible and try to physically show the part to the contact to ensure they receive them. I might even try to use Universities in different countries if I could, maybe send them a toe each!

I wouldn't be so worried about the MIB personally, moreso about losing the rights and control and the opportunity to set my family up for life with the financial potential so I'd probably keep something back for the press/for sale 😀

7 hours ago, hiflier said:

But BF tests come back, among other things, Human. It would be easier to just say Human since there's already a long history there......

Any and all of the genus Homo are human, by definition. And if it is human, and you kill it, you have committed homicide........again, by definition. Then it is only legal debate (or corrupt machinations) to determine if that homicide was legal or not. 

Edited by Huntster

Taking it from a point of already extracted from site and in my garage. I’d start with video from multiple angles of me poking and prodding the body showing anatomic features such as eyes, teeth, gums, etc.  then I’d cut the body into many pieces and have them stored at various locations.  Then the videos would be uploaded online to multiple places all at the same time.  My goal would be to put the videos out there and have them viral before contacting any academics or authority.    From there I have a hard time fathoming how events would play out.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Twist said:

.......My goal would be to put the videos out there and have them viral before contacting any academics or authority.    From there I have a hard time fathoming how events would play out.

Getting the information out there would be the key, but possession of the body while it is going viral would be problematic. 

Even today the chain of custody of the PG film from Friday evening onwards is debated and used as a point for hoax claims. Imagine if the government was involved in interception. But at the time, a film was genuinely accepted as private property, even by government.

Lots of folks posting in this thread are neglecting to mention their lawyers. Funny, that. Few hate lawyers more than me, but I certainly know when I need one or more, and if I'd killed a sasquatch, my lawyer would be my first phone call.

I’m sure there would be lawyers involved.  Not being a hunter, my scenario would most likely originate from finding an already dead BF.  I’d still probably face charges of being in possession of illegal game or corpse but possibly less severe than homicide?  IDK.   I’d be hoping some advocacy group or lawyer would take up my case for free lol!  

52 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Getting the information out there would be the key, but possession of the body while it is going viral would be problematic. 

Even today the chain of custody of the PG film from Friday evening onwards is debated and used as a point for hoax claims. Imagine if the government was involved in interception. But at the time, a film was genuinely accepted as private property, even by government.

Lots of folks posting in this thread are neglecting to mention their lawyers. Funny, that. Few hate lawyers more than me, but I certainly know when I need one or more, and if I'd killed a sasquatch, my lawyer would be my first phone call.

For arguments sake, if you'd just shot and killed a sasquatch though, you probably are not going to simply be able to drag a body that size (assuming it is something similar to Patty) back to the truck or back to a less remote area for transportation unless you are well organised group. In that case, wouldn't you just cut off the important bits and burn or get rid of the incriminating bullet hole piece and say you found the body? It's not as if CSI would be at the scene determining time of death and doing a Dexter on the blood splatter? And you'd only turn up at a university (for example) with a few days old hand anyway so no way to know how it was acquired really?

37 minutes ago, Celtic Raider said:

For arguments sake, if you'd just shot and killed a sasquatch though, you probably are not going to simply be able to drag a body that size (assuming it is something similar to Patty) back to the truck or back to a less remote area for transportation unless you are well organised group.........

All true. Comparing a dead sasquatch to a big brown bear, moose, or elk, it would need to be quartered, or at least halved, depending on the transport tool you can get to it. If it's next to a road, a 50' rope allows you to drag it, at least for a little ways before significant damage is done to the hide. If in wilderness far from road or atv trail, you might only be able to carry out 75 lbs or so (head, hands, & feet?), and that only if you've got a pack frame and rope, and mark the kill location on gps.

In that case, wouldn't you just cut off the important bits and burn or get rid of the incriminating bullet hole piece and say you found the body? It's not as if CSI would be at the scene determining time of death and doing a Dexter on the blood splatter? And you'd only turn up at a university (for example) with a few days old hand anyway so no way to know how it was acquired really?

Sorry, but I've personally seen what the authorities will do gathering evidence on a poached bear or moose, both while serving on a grand jury, and as a person in a big hunting party where an idiot in the party broke the law. They will go full CSI on your behind if they want to, and if you leave the state, it can become an interstate/international crime, elevating it way beyond your ability to believe. 

A dead sasquatch? Parts and pieces of him shuffled around like peas in a shell game? People around the world clamoring to know or throw in their two cents? We're talking Big Time here. The cover up talk will begin immediately. 

You should be sure they will want to bury you (in a last ditch cover up attempt), or destroy you (as punishment for destroying their little despotic world of imagined power) or (most likely) both.

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

Sorry, but I've personally seen what the authorities will do gathering evidence on a poached bear or moose, both while serving on a grand jury, and as a person in a big hunting party where an idiot in the party broke the law. They will go full CSI on your behind if they want to, and if you leave the state, it can become an interstate/international crime, elevating it way beyond your ability to believe. 

A dead sasquatch? Parts and pieces of him shuffled around like peas in a shell game? People around the world clamoring to know or throw in their two cents? We're talking Big Time here. The cover up talk will begin immediately. 

You should be sure they will want to bury you (in a last ditch cover up attempt), or destroy you (as punishment for destroying their little despotic world of imagined power) or (most likely) both.

Really interesting, I didn't realise they take these things so seriously and invest those kind of resources into it.

9 hours ago, hiflier said:

But BF tests come back, among other things, Human. It would be easier to just say Human since there's already a long history there. Heck, even the OP nest samples said Human. So my guess from everything I've researched says it may be a piece of a Sasquatch but it will more than likely come back as Human. It would be the only way out for any chance of getting out from underneath what could be a monumental disaster.

For 60 years the field has failed. So far I have not, but then I'm not finished with things yet either. And I can take a "you can go away now" hint just as good as the next guy. Wonder if my eventual answer will be the same as what is in that letter I posted. As in no such creature exists here or anywhere else. It won't stop me from my follow up question regarding Patty's existence in 1967. Because as far as I can see the letter is speaking to any CURRENTLY existing creatures. Not ones that may have been around during Patty's big debut. Because they may have existed but are now no more. The seven year old letter says nothing about the past, only the present at the time of writing which was back in 2012.

Im not telling you to go away. I’ve tried to help you where I can. But I feel like I’m being attacked by you for simply answering the OP in good faith. The OP did not ask about writing letters to government agencies about Bigfoot. Right? So why are you attempting to hijack this thread while making me feel bad for not wanting to participate?

Not trying to make ANYONE feel bad. Just trying to explain the simplicity (with risk) of one avenue over the complexity (with greater risk) of another. It should be pretty clear right now that this isn't attacking a person, it's really more a comparison of two different methodologies that aim at the same result: The Truth. How one weighs out the two alternate avenues.is up to them. It isn't personal and never has been. 

The OP is about what to do if in possession of a specimen or its location. Obviously if someone has found one that's one thing and so a proper course must be initiated. But unless that has actually happened then there is still a way forward that is equally risky depending on how far one wishes to push things. The second method can be done on the very next business day if one wishes to do so. OR go back into the field and hope for the best at whater time, expense or risk it presents. I just think it fair to see that there is a choice in how one moves forward.

Edited by hiflier

10 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Not trying to make ANYONE feel bad. Just trying to explain the simplicity (with risk) of one avenue over the complexity (with greater risk) of another. It should be pretty clear right now that this isn't attacking a person, it's really more a comparison of two different methodologies that aim at the same result: The Truth. How one weighs out the two alternate avenues.is up to them. It isn't personal and never has been. 

The OP is about what to do if in possession of a specimen or its location. Obviously if someone has found one that's one thing and so a proper course must be initiated. But unless that has actually happened then there is still a way forward that is equally risky depending on how far one wishes to push things. The second method can be done on the very next business day if one wishes to do so. OR go back into the field and hope for the best at whater time, expense or risk it presents. I just think it fair to see that there is a choice in how one moves forward.

I called US Fish and Wildlife years ago in Portland Oregon. The short answer is there are no new species left to find in North America as far as they were concerned. But if I wanted to study an existing species on US Fish and Wildlife lands? I could show my academic credentials and buy a permit.

So what do you want me to say here? I should have kept calling expecting a different answer? Without a body or a part of one? We have zero leverage. We have no bargaining chips on the table.... Making phone calls and writing letters isn’t going to cut it. 

24 minutes ago, Twist said:

I think the real question here is who is Peter Weiner?  

Anthony's long lost twin brother? Is he well hung?

• Haha 1

Here is an excerpt from my book: "The Sasquatch Hunter's Field Manual" that came out last December, 2018:

"Hitting The Road"

Who else might know the team, or a portion of the team, is now in

route to a predetermined location for handing the Sasquatch body

over to a facility for official scientific study? Only a trusted few knew

of the expedition in its infancy and that's as far as it should have ever

gone. And those few should know nothing now beyond the fact that

the team was in the field. The team secured a specimen and have

followed the proper protocols laid down in the early planning of the

hunt so no one should know that the hunt was successful. Why not?

Because the team members have not told them- and will not tell them

until it is safe to do so. What does “safe to do so” even mean? What

protocols? The protocols are those procedures that the team

followed to the letter which allowed the transport vehicle to make it

onto the road and go where it needs to go. Let's back up a bit here.

In order to have a solid plan all facets of the plan needed to be in

place in order for its execution to be 100% successful. In the case for

meeting the goal of getting a Sasquatch voucher specimen to science

unhindered, the most precise maneuvers lay at the end of the project

which includes the scientist who is to receive the body. It should have

been understood from the beginning that it would be completely

unacceptable to have the creature on ice in the back of a truck sitting

on the side of the road, going nowhere, while cryptic calls are being

made to reputable institutions asking whether or not someone would

accept it. This would be the mark of a short-sighted plan that was

never destined to succeed.

The most important element to address should have been to first

secure the research facility at some point during the initial stages of

the plan's development. If that wasn't already in place then more

than likely the team will lose the body and the only recourse would be

to go back to square one- the beginning of it all- empty handed. But

it doesn't have to happen that way. When one is in the position of

actually being on the road with a voucher specimen it can be done

successfully if the original plan had the foresight of securing that

scientist and the facility ahead of time. Here is the way it all should

work if handing a specimen over to science is the true goal. If this

plan is followed then by the time the team, or part of it, is mobile the

chances for a successful delivery can be virtually guaranteed:

1) The entire plan, beginning to end, must be in place before any

initial contact of team members. All elements need to be secured

including a trusted scientist at a reputable accredited institution.

2) Do not call or email any potential any team members asking them

to join. Ask them in person only- no exceptions.

3) Inform them to always communicate back the same way and tell

them why: so there is no digital record of the plan.

4) Initially no one but the actual team members must know of the

plan. No one should ever discuss it with anyone else- even after the

specimen has been delivered and everyone is securely at home.

5) Always take at least one team member when scouting out in the

field. Phone calls are fine at this point if code words are used. Keep

calls to a normal minimum and again, no emailing.

6) Outline the plan to members in person, either individually or as a

group. Start a Friday night card game or something similar to disguise

the true nature of the meetings. All TV's and computers should be

unplugged and shut down, and all phones turned off with batteries

removed where possible.

7) Share and discuss reports and scouting trips along with reading

topo maps. Learn to use the electronic devices along with the

computer cameras but only with the computer's Wi-Fi switched off.

8 ) Work on finding some trusted people who will monitor the team's

safe and timely returns. Those few people do not need to know why

the team is even in the field. No calls will be made when any team

members go on the road.

9) When in the field all phones and all GPS devices should be off- to

be turned on only in the case of necessity or an emergency.

10) No phone calls, emails or text messages on the way out of the

woods with a specimen, to or from the transport vehicle, or to the

facility. The scientist should be set up to receive the specimen on any

day and at any time during normal hours- no odd hours of the day or

night. If a call is absolutely necessary use a code word.

These are only some basic protocols to follow when outlining a

plan. As one can see the use of any electronic communication is

highly discouraged right from the beginning. Buy gas or pay tolls with

cash while in route. Some of this depends on how one perceives the

reach of anyone who might want to interfere with the success of the

mission for whatever reason..The important thing is to know where

one is going and get there efficiently, unannounced, have no delays in

the transfer of the specimen at the facility, and be able to leave the

same way. All done with any electronic devices off until arriving back

home.

Only after everyone is home safely should the project be considered

closed. And even then, it would still be best if the hunt or its

outcome is not openly discussed by anyone until after an official

statement has been made even if it takes months- or years. The

details of how the specimen got to science and who was responsible

probably should be better left a mystery for as long as possible. Some

may not wish to even consider the effort successful until the official

announcement that Sasquatch is real has been given to the public.

After all of the work and planning in the face of so many unknowns

one thing will now be certainly known: The day of the official

announcement that Sasquatch is a real creature will be a day no one

will forget."

Edited by hiflier