Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

38 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

..........I have mentioned seeing what looks like major trails in the Gifford Pinchot when I fly over it.     None are marked on the map.    Some may be very old and unused logging trails.    The trend there is to abandon old logging roads and let them grow over.   Lidar very well may see stuff that no one knows about.........

What is "Lidar"?

I absolutely love old, abandoned roads. I found one here in Alaska that I brushed out for travel with my Argo. My hope is that it would lead to a slope I could cut a trail down to the Chulitna River at a place where I could cross (with inflatable tubes for stability) to hunt moose and bear on the other side. It would be virtually mine. I got too old to finish my goals.

1 minute ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Lol.  He thinks that it is a "lightweight and silly show".  Cliff Barackman.  He said that.  Wow. 

While I am sure that Cliff is extremely knowledgeable about the subject, I don't believe that he should be casting stones at any other show out there.  He lives in a glass house.  In a glass town.  On a glass planet... Finding Bigfoot was a cringe-fest of cutesy sayings, catchphrases, and brand marketing.

Well, those weren't his exact words. I'll now make you really cringe: He made a comparison to the show being offensive to him, as a fake medical melodrama would be to a heart surgeon. (ie like Gray's Anatomy I asked- and he said yes, like that. I've never actually seen Gray's Anatomy. Maybe it's super realistic! :) )

1 minute ago, 1980squatch said:

Interesting, Moneymaker let loose with a very nasty tweet as well:

It's because someone is dipping their pen in his inkwell.

Regardless of their intentions starting out, the entire Finding Bigfoot cast is a joke.  They tossed aside their credibility in order to sell t shirts with "Squatching" on the front.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 1980squatch said:

Interesting, Moneymaker let loose with a very nasty tweet as well:

WOW. I mean, I know that the FB cast had issues the first season, with the producers wanting to extrapolate and dramatize in ways that the cast disagreed with. But my impression is that they set the producers straight and felt that they were more in control of the episodes beginning in season two. The outright pissiness of these guys is amazing! Haha!

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I noticed the grizzly comment too.   The fact that RPG and Dr Major entered the area and immediately hiked 7 miles set them up for altitude sickness if they had the predisposition to get it.   Unless you live at or above 5000 or spend a lot of time there, you should acclimatize for a few days before exertion.   A lot of people get headaches flying.        Commercial airliners at altitudes in the mid 30,000's have cabin altitudes around 8,000 feet.    Drinking alcohol flying as a passenger enhances the hypoxia effect of that altitude.   That can turn normally rational people into raving drunks.     

Lidar... advance radar it can see through Ground Cover... it is being use all over the World... Especially in South america and has found Ruins that have been over grown for 1000's of years.

Thats  funny coming from the Guy who playing Loud music would attrach a BF...........  

BFF Patron

LIDAR feeds a rapid laser scan into digital processing computer software.   If the scanner is moving,  mounted on an aircraft or drone,   what is blocked from view on one scan is seen on the next scan or next several scans.    The processing software then can remove vegetation and show the ground that would normally be mostly obscured.      It is being used in archeology to find ruins in the jungles of central and South America and in the deserts of Egypt.   A large area in Oregon and Washington have been LIDAR scanned.  The data files are available from the Geology Departments of both states.    An armchair explorer could download them and look for caves or lava tube openings that are unknown.   I have looked for evidence of unknown structures in both states.    

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gotafeeling said:

Well, those weren't his exact words. I'll now make you really cringe: He made a comparison to the show being offensive to him, as a fake medical melodrama would be to a heart surgeon. (ie like Gray's Anatomy I asked- and he said yes, like that. I've never actually seen Gray's Anatomy. Maybe it's super realistic! :) )

Wow.  

He has no more or no less authority or credibility on this field than anyone else.  If anything, it can be said that he had unlimited time and resources behind him to find one...and he still failed.  That in no way makes him superior to anyone else in the field.

I don't hate on them because they had a successful show, but because they have forever tied their buffoonish behavior to the subject matter in the public's eyes. 

After reading all of this, I sincerely hope that Expedition Bigfoot is a huge success and completely eclipses FB.  What bitter, small men...

1 hour ago, gotafeeling said:

WOW. I mean, I know that the FB cast had issues the first season, with the producers wanting to extrapolate and dramatize in ways that the cast disagreed with. But my impression is that they set the producers straight and felt that they were more in control of the episodes beginning in season two. The outright pissiness of these guys is amazing! Haha!

Wow.

Moneymaker busts on EB with one tweet, then the next tweet down he is shilling for his next $500 a spot outing.

That's why he is upset.  He doesn't want anything upsetting his cash cow.

Screenshot_20191209-150228.png

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, gotafeeling said:

.........On a side note, I was talking with Cliff Barackman a couple days ago, and he was REALLY unhappy about the new show. He thinks it's a lightweight silly show - and offensive in the extreme to any serious bigfoot researcher. Which, I admit, I thought was a bit ridiculous coming from someone who did years of t.v. on a show made up of caricatures.

It is fully expected that everybody involved with Finding Bigfoot would have problems with a new, competing show. But ultimately, they are shows. Nothing more.

This whole research/entertainment/"reality" industry is just another Hollywood production, extended into the cyber world, in an industry ravenous for new material. If there is one thing that there is no shortage of on Earth, it is entertainment, and if there is anything I can jettison from my life, entertainment pretty much tops the list.......if it is at all possible to gather and sift intelligence and dump the propaganda with any efficiency at all.

This whole sasquatch competitiveness, from Dahinden & Byrne to Krantz & Meldrum to Finding Bigfoot & Expedition Bigfoot mirrors the 1840-1860 gorilla "discovery" era (complete with Darwin and his publications, which set the future of biology to this very day) with incredible accuracy. The pattern is there for those intelligent enough to forecast the near (and distant) future using history. And DuChaillu's fate makes me realize that the last guy on Earth I'd want to be is the guy who drags a carcass into the boiling cauldron.

14 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Wow.  

He has no more or no less authority or credibility on this field than anyone else.  If anything, it can be said that he had unlimited time and resources behind him to find one...and he still failed.  That in no way makes him superior to anyone else in the field.

I don't hate on them because they had a successful show, but because they have forever tied their buffoonish behavior to the subject matter in the public's eyes. 

After reading all of this, I sincerely hope that Expedition Bigfoot is a huge success and completely eclipses FB.  What bitter, small men...

Agreed....... 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Huntster said:

It is fully expected that everybody involved with Finding Bigfoot would have problems with a new, competing show. But ultimately, they are shows. Nothing more.

This whole research/entertainment/"reality" industry is just another Hollywood production, extended into the cyber world, in an industry ravenous for new material. If there is one thing that there is no shortage of on Earth, it is entertainment, and if there is anything I can jettison from my life, entertainment pretty much tops the list.......if it is at all possible to gather and sift intelligence and dump the propaganda with any efficiency at all.

This whole sasquatch competitiveness, from Dahinden & Byrne to Krantz & Meldrum to Finding Bigfoot & Expedition Bigfoot mirrors the 1840-1860 gorilla "discovery" era (complete with Darwin and his publications, which set the future of biology to this very day) with incredible accuracy. The pattern is there for those intelligent enough to forecast the near (and distant) future using history. And DuChaillu's fate makes me realize that the last guy on Earth I'd want to be is the guy who drags a carcass into the boiling cauldron.

Yeah, but when you add potential t shirt sales, internet stores, and merchandising rights into  those rivalries.. that's when you see the fur really start to fly!

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

46 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah, but when you add potential t shirt sales, internet stores, and merchandising rights into  those rivalries.. that's when you see the fur really start to fly!

......and expeditions of course. But I don't think one can organize one all that cheaply. They do cost some to run one.

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

As with "Finding Bigfoot"  TV that lasts for more than a couple of episodes requires good ratings.      Expedition Bigfoot needs to deliver content to get that.    Finding BIgfoot got a following that probably made them last longer than the ratings allowed.    That even included some of us, who just watched to see them implode.    I know that they had 3 or 4 episodes that never aired.   The ratings must have really tanked at that point.   If anything,   Expedition Bigfoot will not get any passes as result of "Finding Bigfoot"    They have to deliver real content rather than hours of "did you hear that?"  which got real old to the "Finding Bigfoot" viewers.  .     Too much of nothing will get old very quick to interested viewers who have seen a lot of nothing before.    

8 minutes ago, hiflier said:

......and expeditions of course. But I don't think one can organize one all that cheaply. They do cost some to run one.

Yeah, but they don't cost $500 a head to run one. 

From their website:

"BFRO expedition organizers bring participants to areas where they will have encounters with Bigfoots at night."

Key word WILL.  

Regardless of how the BFRO started out, it's a snake oil franchise now. It is selling the promise of an experience to people who are willing to pony up $500.  Anyone here who has spent time in the field knows how sporadic activity is...even in a hot spot.  People pay 5 bills for encounters, they are going to expect encounters.  If real encounters don't occur frequently enough, is the BFRO just going to say "Sorry.  No refunds!". Or are they going to make sure that the participants get their moneys worth..one way or another?  

No matter what their intentions starting out, the BFRO is an entertainment company now.  Not research.

• Upvote 1