Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

5 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Are you forgetting about the beard? It would lend a certain backwoods credibility to your image ;) 

Lol.  That's me in my avatar.  I got the beard covered, my man!  

Now I just need a few less teeth and an aversion to personal hygiene to top it off.

• Haha 1

No, No, No, BRB. The beard needs to be halfway down your chest! THAT'S what I mean by credibility ;) C'mon man, it is TV after all. Everyone knows no one is going out there from Wall Street LOL.

So, grow the beard for year, then stop bathing for a year and you'll end up with a 12" shrub and you'll be just ripe.......I mean right,.....yeah, that's it....for the part. 

Edited by hiflier
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

Think of it like this...

in total, there are around 100 episodes of a reality show over a 9 years span.  You are offered 25 or 30k per episode to start. That is pretty standard.  The show becomes popular so your take increases to the point of you making upwards of 100k per episode or at the least, 70k.  Do the math even using an average take of 50k per episode.  Take out taxes and what are you left with. 7 figures.

You might get offered 1500 bucks per episode and get canceled after one season.....

You may be better off sticking with yer day job. 

1 minute ago, hiflier said:

BF researchers have day jobs?

Now we know why the dang thing hasn’t been found huh!?

9 minutes ago, hiflier said:

No, No, No, BRB. The beard needs to be halfway down your chest! THAT'S what I mean by credibility ;) C'mon man, it is TV after all. Everyone knows no one is going out there from Wall Street LOL.

So, grow the beard for year, then stop bathing for a year and you'll end up with a 12" shrub and you'll be just ripe.......I mean right,.....yeah, that's it....for the part. 

:lol:

44 minutes ago, Huntster said:

LOL........if they paid me $25k or $30k for some adventure, I'd give them some. Guided grizzly hunts can be had for less than that. I can get them charged by a coastal brownie for a fraction of that.

I think that you need to up your fee to cover supplies as in extra large capacity Depends for the hunters.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, norseman said:

You might get offered 1500 bucks per episode and get canceled after one season.....

You may be better off sticking with yer day job. 

Yep.  That was one of our concerns.  

I am assuming that what we saw was a standard contract for one of these shows.  You basically contract yourself into being available for what they deem necessary for filming and promotion.  So, if they decide that they need you in the Lousiana swamps for 16 weeks in the summertime, that's where you are going.  Then, if they require you to do anything promotional after that, you are contractually obligated to do what they need.  All of that for compensation in keeping with your standing in the industry.  Of which we have none.

18 minutes ago, norseman said:

Now we know why the dang thing hasn’t been found huh!?

I KNEW IT! See? I know everything. I should go on one of them quiz shows and win a pile of money. Then I could fund researchers and they could all quit their day jobs. I would outfit everyone with only the best equipment and vehicles and actually pay everyone to be out there. Then we could find Bigfoot once and for all and live happily ever...........MMNNAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Edited by hiflier

1 minute ago, Catmandoo said:

^^^^^ pawn sacrifice with a NDA.

Have you considered having your own You tube channel?

Actually, my fiancee was in the process of starting one when the production company approached her.  When we found out the reality of reality TV programming (although they never call it reality TV.  It's always unscripted television) she went ahead and started one.  

She is very interested in furthering serious exposure of the subject and has an engaging personality, so people tend to pay attention to her.  She enjoys social media and sharing her forays into the woods.  I am a grumpy recluse, but she enjoys that sort of stuff so I encourage her.  

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

However, the majority of reality shows, especially involving this subject matter, will go 1or 2 seasons.  Killing Bigfoot and Missing In Alaska are the 2 examples that immediately come to mind.  Once you establish a name for yourself you may be able to command higher compensation.  

However, no one involved with a niche reality based show just starting off on a theme cable network is pulling in 25k per episode.  Again, Finding Bigfoot and Mountain Monsters have lasted longer and are outliers. If they were shelling out 25 or 30k per episode, we would be running around the woods right now wearing old coveralls with 20 people following us with cameras not finding anything.

yep. I don't have the numbers exact, just ballpark based on what I know of the eventual outcome.  That is why the successful shows are outliers, you have to be really prepared to devote your life to the show production. You get time off but you have to make whatever other income you have fit into that schedule. The BFRO people could not be happier to jump into it. They didn't have to work for peanuts for long.  

Edited by Arvedis

7 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

..........Have you considered having your own You tube channel?

Madison has 60 subscribers to her YouTube channel.

Just now, Arvedis said:

yep. I don't have the numbers exact, just ballpark based on what I know of the eventual outcome.  That is why the successful shows are outliers, you have to be really prepared to devote your life to the show production. You get time off but you have to make whatever other income you have fit into that schedule. The BRO people could not be happier to jump into it. They didn't have to work for peanuts for long.  

Heck.  They should have stuck with it a bit longer.  Lots of demand right now (according to the people she spoke with) and not a lot of material to fill it.