Can't discuss bigfoot with friends, and family.

georgerm

5 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

.......How many of these have been discovered in North America.........

According to anthropaleontologists, all of them. You see, since all homo sapiens have Neanderthal, Denosovan, and at least two mystery markers in our genetic makeup, the moment the first homo sapien stepped or floated across what is now the international date line, Neanderthal, Denosovan, and those mystery markers came with them. Those genetic markers were only discovered recently, but as soon as they were, from wherever on Earth, they were simultaneously discovered in the New World, too.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Not at all. Just the opposite. Of course they do . That is how  the unknown become known. I think you misunderstood. 

No argument here. I welcome the discovery of this subject. It is only my opinion that  large man apes are not in the here and now. 

I have explained many times why it is highly unlikely the creature is roaming the forests in the here and now. 

Keep on keeping on . I wish you all the best in proving otherwise. Have a great safe holiday. 

This thread is about family members not willing to admit there is a bigfoot or large man apes. Now the first step is to know and study the evidence. First question: What was unusual about evidence that Rene Dahindin found in 1969 Bossburg, Washington?  .................... Hairy man facts need some study. Study of accumulating evidence puts proof very close to having a body or stamped approved. Yes, a real hairy man ape is well past 97 percent proved. got to go............

On 12/21/2019 at 2:44 PM, Huntster said:

Would that be in the wintertime?.........Say, late November through mid March?

Well, with that statement as a guide, Homo Denisovan, Homo floresiensis, and other hominid species never existed.

It's in the spring and summer when I hear this knocking. This is when we have the low tides. There is plenty of food for hairy man ape on the clam beds. I may have seen some foot prints. They looked like an animal waded across a 7' deep channel.  

11 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

As far as people observing one. That can't be trusted either.

I think you missed my point.   I am speaking from the first-person perspective.   What you're saying is correct from the second-person perspective.    I would not want someone to "believe" based on my account.   I would like them to pay attention, consider the possibility I am correct, and take that into their thinking, sure, but to go from scoftic to believer just based on my account?   Silliness!   From the first person perspective, I can come up with a rough probability of each thing I've seen being, and not being, bigfoot.   I can tell you, from context from each setting, what other consideration have to be assessed ... I can do so far better than any armchair quarterback on an internet forum can.    That does not mean I expect you to agree, it means that as the first-person witness, the opinions of second-person evaluator is less than irrelevant.   

So, correct .. YOU cannot trust what I say I have observed.    That was never the point, though.  **I** can trust what I've seen or not seen, I can guestimate the level of certainty or uncertainty.  

MIB

• 2 weeks later...

Bottom line is most people are not invested in the study of BF so you can't convince someone or make someone understand the subject in a bite sized conversation.  It's not like a documentary on animal behavior where people can see the animal does this or that.  The entire spectrum of BF is an enigma so people won't get all the angles.  Just bringing it up or trying to defend your position paints you into a corner.

My non professional advice is to hold your mud and say nothing, nod politely to the jokes.

Maybe in your instance, zipping it is the best course of action in which case you'd be prudent to follow it.

For me, it would be the worst approach. In my day job, I'm a trusted advisor who gets paid to unearth facts, look dispassionately at circumstances, evaluate options, and provide  workarounds and nuanced advice which can make an enormous difference for my clients and their business and personal affairs. All of my friends know that and also know I don't jump to conclusions or make snap decisions. 

My friends and family have all been amenable to listen to events that have unfolded in my adventures over the years and what measures I took to systematically eliminate possibilities. Our discussion gently leads them down a road paved with logic and explains some basic misunderstandings people have about the subject of bigfootery. 

In the end,  some have become quite interested in the subject and have joined me on overnights or day trips to choice areas. Others have been willing to listen but not predisposed to draw conclusions. That's ok. None have scoffed and only one laughed but became a believer once we sat down and talked about the subject. He now asks me, whenever we get together, if I've heard or seen anything new.  

Right.    I am not inclined to "zip it" if the subject comes up.   My approach is simple yet blunt.   I lay out a subset of my personal experiences.   I say both my scientific curiosity and my personal integrity require me to investigate those experiences.   I do not require anyone to accept my experiences as real, but I call into question the intelligence and the moral fiber of anyone who DID have those experiences and refused to do other than what I am doing.   

MIB

On 12/31/2019 at 2:27 PM, wiiawiwb said:

Maybe in your instance, zipping it is the best course of action in which case you'd be prudent to follow it.

For me, it would be the worst approach. In my day job, I'm a trusted advisor who gets paid to unearth facts, look dispassionately at circumstances, evaluate options, and provide  workarounds and nuanced advice which can make an enormous difference for my clients and their business and personal affairs. All of my friends know that and also know I don't jump to conclusions or make snap decisions. 

My friends and family have all been amenable to listen to events that have unfolded in my adventures over the years and what measures I took to systematically eliminate possibilities. Our discussion gently leads them down a road paved with logic and explains some basic misunderstandings people have about the subject of bigfootery. 

In the end,  some have become quite interested in the subject and have joined me on overnights or day trips to choice areas. Others have been willing to listen but not predisposed to draw conclusions. That's ok. None have scoffed and only one laughed but became a believer once we sat down and talked about the subject. He now asks me, whenever we get together, if I've heard or seen anything new.  

Outstanding statements and understanding for the study and endeavors that many of us venture to study.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:46 PM, MIB said:

Right.    I am not inclined to "zip it" if the subject comes up.   My approach is simple yet blunt.   I lay out a subset of my personal experiences.   I say both my scientific curiosity and my personal integrity require me to investigate those experiences.   I do not require anyone to accept my experiences as real, but I call into question the intelligence and the moral fiber of anyone who DID have those experiences and refused to do other than what I am doing.   

MIB

Well said. What are the subsets of your personal experiences? 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:27 PM, wiiawiwb said:

Sounds like a lot of energy to prove your point.  It's all about the audience. A general audience is ready to pounce on anything out of their comfort zone. Most bigfooters struggle with sharing their experiences and opinions outside the BF community.  My take is if the setting is business then keep it about business. If its people familiar with the subject, family, friends, social media, all varies and there is need to show judgment in what you say no matter how comfortable the situation.  Otherwise, you get the tables turned and there are repercussions. I'm not speaking from personal experience because I know my audience.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:46 PM, MIB said:

MIB

Again, audience. Not everyone is living in that world or cares to hear the details.

10 hours ago, georgerm said:

Well said. What are the subsets of your personal experiences? 

I talk about tracks and casts, audio I've recorded, about the bipedal, though unseen because of darkness, visitors to remote campsites.

5 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Again, audience. Not everyone is living in that world or cares to hear the details.

Remember, the thread is about family and friends.    What you're saying may be true of yours.   It is not true of my family.    Some accept existence of bigfoot as a given, most are open to it, only a couple resist, and those appear to be from fear of what they suspect.  NOBODY is apathetic.   When it comes to my friends, all of them are curious what I'm doing if only because it's me that's doing it.    Same as I'm curious about their cruises, travels to foreign countries, etc.   That is what being friends is about after all.   None of us live long enough to do it all ourselves so we have to live a bit vicariously through others just as they have to live a bit vicariously through us, otherwise we all live in a smaller world than necessary and available to us.

MIB

• Upvote 1

If family and friends would simply listen to our experiences and knowledge of bigfoot, their curiosity grows and bigfoot goes onto their radar. This knowledge reduces the shock if they meet bigfoot in the woods. Knowing something about bigfoot can help family and friends to survive an encounter. 

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Family and friends are out of the question for me.

I live in a different world where Sasquatch isn't ever a topic of conversation.

I speak with my fingers instead ! Haha

I guess bringing this subject up within my family brings shame on me and my entire family for even believing in these creatures. It does not matter that I actually seen them or that they have effected me in a profound way with in my life. Being an outsider in a family that I grew up in my entire life is not a great feeling. So having coming out with seeing these creatures I can honestly say that yes, " they have destroyed my way of life".  But staying silent about my encounters was not an option I was willing to stay with. It would have eaten me inside. Coming out with what I had encountered was the only way to deal with what I was dealing with deep inside. Sure some of you could call me a liar, or even a hoaxer, or what ever other thing wants to say about me. It just does not matter and I just do not care no more. I have another expression that I use but I am not allowed to use it on this forum. But it starts with an F and ends with a T .  So I will keep it clean so that the mods do not get angry with me . Even though other may Do what I was but I must remain silent. 

It almost feels like my family all over again. Yet I still speak the truth and refuse to remain silent. If one is disowned because of what one has seen so moe it be. But I have always been on the level.  I have never strayed from the light or walked in darkness. For what's below is what's above - and what's above is what's below.

ShadowBorn, you are part of the bigfoot family, and have contributed many hours writing about your experiences. You are a hunter and have been in areas where bigfoot was creeping around. What you have learned and said about bigfoot, may have saved a forum member's life by teaching how important it is to stay cool and collect under a stressful sighting. I enjoy reading about your hunting and bigfoot experiences so stay with it.

• Downvote 1