The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

I watched a couple of HTH videos last night.  In one of them Steve displayed Missing 411 Canada and The Truth Denied and suggested that his viewers read them.  He also mentioned that Paulides had asked him to speak with him at an unnamed conference.  

It is obvious that Steve, Scott Carpenter, and David Paulides are aligning with one another.  By extension (going by fairly recent activity) I guess that you could extend that alliance to Ketchum, George Knapp, Ron Morehead, and Les Stroud.  According to a side comment by Joe Rogan on his podcast....Stroud has pretty much become consumed with the topic of Sasquatch, so he is still involved with the subject even though his Bigfoot themed show is over.  

Admittedly this is pure speculation on my part, but you could be seeing the birth of an anti-BFRO organization with some fairly well known names attached.  

Or, it could just be all hot air and nothing more than some YouTube videos and book promotions come to pass...

• Upvote 2

Paulides has suddenly started posting videos on his usually quiet CanAm YouTube channel.  

His previous Bigfoot work was solidly in the 'just another tribe of man' camp, but he has definitely taken a turn in the other direction over the last several years.  The DNA study.  Missing 411 alludes to mysterious and unexplained intelligent forces that are indifferent at best and outright hostile to man at worst.  His interest and involvement with MUFON.  

Maybe we are going to witness the genesis of a national association who takes a less "flesh and blood" view on the subject of Sasquatch?  

Paulides for a long time seemed to stay neutral on the subject of Sasquatch being the cause of any of his cases . At least that's the impression  I went away with after reading 

his books . I agree that the tide is shifting and all of the ones mentioned are going more to the other side if you will for lack of a better term.

49 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Admittedly this is pure speculation on my part, but you could be seeing the birth of an anti-BFRO organization with some fairly well known names attached.  

Or, it could just be all hot air and nothing more than some YouTube videos and book promotions come to pass...

Entertainment genre is ramping up. Winter sports are almost winding down so it is time to prime for camping / hiking.  Wait for your upcoming spooky campfire stories. Lately, it seems that the belief systems are changing directions like a flag in a windstorm.  Depends  on which direction that the money is coming from.

• Upvote 1

@7.62Yeah, but if you look at some of his recent work....you begin to draw some conclusions.  

That TV special he did for the History channel really focused on the intelligent application of portals to abduct people.  The Morehead and Maccabee section of his last 411 movie definitely showed a more paranormal bend on the missing persons phenomenon.  The fact that he really pushes Knapp's book during his presentations and his participation with MUFON show that at least part of his beliefs are definitely trending towards an extraterrestrial or -dimensional culprit.

You may see his Bigfoot beliefs begin to trend that way as well.  Whenever he spoke about the DNA study, he always have the impression that the unknown ancestor was a flesh and blood creature that we just have yet to find in the fossil record.  Maybe he has gone over to the 'Nephilim' camp but just hasn't said anything publicly.  

25 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

Entertainment genre is ramping up. Winter sports are almost winding down so it is time to prime for camping / hiking.  Wait for your upcoming spooky campfire stories. Lately, it seems that the belief systems are changing directions like a flag in a windstorm.  Depends  on which direction that the money is coming from.

It could be a money grab.  I don't know.  I would like to think that at least some of the movers and shakers in the Bigfoot community are at least partially motivated by an interest in the subject... even if I don't fully agree with their views.  

I don't know how much is motivated by money vs someone's beliefs changing due to their experiences in the field.  Pretty much anyone who has a recognizable name in the field has monetized that recognition to a certain degree...some more so than others.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

9 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I do not have a TV. I don't waste time with podcasts.  I have not missed anything.

Sorry.  The first part of my comment was directed at 7.62.  I have added his name to that part.  

27 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

@7.62Yeah, but if you look at some of his recent work....you begin to draw some conclusions.  

That TV special he did for the History channel really focused on the intelligent application of portals to abduct people.  The Morehead and Maccabee section of his last 411 movie definitely showed a more paranormal bend on the missing persons phenomenon.  The fact that he really pushes Knapp's book during his presentations and his participation with MUFON show that at least part of his beliefs are definitely trending towards an extraterrestrial or -dimensional culprit.

You may see his Bigfoot beliefs begin to trend that way as well.  Whenever he spoke about the DNA study, he always have the impression that the unknown ancestor was a flesh and blood creature that we just have yet to find in the fossil record.  Maybe he has gone over to the 'Nephilim' camp but just hasn't said anything publicly.  

It could be a money grab.  I don't know.  I would like to think that at least some of the movers and shakers in the Bigfoot community are at least partially motivated by an interest in the subject... even if I don't fully agree with their views.  

I don't know how much is motivated by money vs someone's beliefs changing due to their experiences in the field.  Pretty much anyone who has a recognizable name in the field has monetized that recognition to a certain degree...some more so than others.

@BlackRockBigfoot

Is that the film titled Vanished ? I have seen it on Amazon prime but thought it was the same film as the Hunted one he put out.

I like Les Stroud, but I hope we don't see too much coming of an organization lead by a big draw like him with Melba Ketchum types working behind the curtains. They have money and are committed enough to the search to become publicly prevalent, but in my opinion, they're just asking to hit dead ends and hurt the community if they're going to operate around a more funky view of Bigfoot. If you have those views, fine, whatever, but at least use your talents within the BFRO realm where you have to at least try to follow scientific methodology. Even someone like Ketchum, whose conclusions and principles I disagree with, is admittedly more skilled geneticist than most anyone in the community and could be used productively in a context divorced from her baggage. If these folks are making their own rules and calling their own shots, their talents are going to complete waste. 

That's not even getting into how adjacent these people are to hoaxes by Standing and Erickson and the trouble that brings. I don't like where this is going. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

........Maybe we are going to witness the genesis of a national association who takes a less "flesh and blood" view on the subject of Sasquatch?  

Interesting thought. I thought maybe this stuff would remain as a knick-knack on the overall paranormal showcase. 

21 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

@BlackRockBigfoot

Is that the film titled Vanished ? I have seen it on Amazon prime but thought it was the same film as the Hunted one he put out.

It's a different film.  Follows the usual History Channel documentary formula, but there are some interesting little tidbits in it.  

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

No I think you're right.

Scott said in the video he's getting excited about an announcement  Steve from how to hunt is going to be making soon.

Does anyone know Scott Carpenter?    I have attempted a couple of times to contact him without a response.    He may have digital recordings made when he was zapped by infrasound.     If so I might be able to look for that with graphics software I have.     You have to have the right software and know what to look for.    If anyone has experienced or knows anyone who have made a digital recording when being zapped I sure would like the opportunity to analyze the sound graphics.    Infrasound is very findable but has to be recorded during the very rare experience.     SInce infrasound is well outside of the design frequency range of the recorder,    ambient sound levels have to be very low to detect the infrasound trace above background noise on the sound graphics trace.