Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

It's not something that I know of that has been tried to lure one in . I've read a lot of people have tried food , apples , oranges etc.. but it might not be  a popular opinion here but if we are to believe some of the stories some are attracted to children . Some even seem to protect them from harm .

The little boy who was lost last year and said he spent the two freezing nights with a big bear ??? who knows 

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

It's not something that I know of that has been tried to lure one in . I've read a lot of people have tried food , apples , oranges etc.. but it might not be  a popular opinion here but if we are to believe some of the stories some are attracted to children . Some even seem to protect them from harm .

The little boy who was lost last year and said he spent the two freezing nights with a big bear ??? who knows 

I’ve used dying rabbit calls a lot. Which sound similar. Nothing odd to report yet except for a mule deer doe.

27 minutes ago, norseman said:

I’ve used dying rabbit calls a lot. Which sound similar. Nothing odd to report yet except for a mule deer doe.

But if one was in the area and it was looking to see where the cry was coming from it didn't see anything out of the ordinary .

Now picture a female Sasquatch seeing this deep in a forest next to a clearing hearing the same sound .

I do think some females will have a nurturing instinct . 

24-Golden-Hair-Reborn-Baby-Dolls-Lifelike-Toddler-_57.jpg

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

I'm just spit balling but so far not much else seems to work in luring them in . 

Searching for  them when they don't want to be found seems like a losing proposition .

9 hours ago, 7.62 said:

......Now picture a female Sasquatch seeing this deep in a forest next to a clearing hearing the same sound .

I do think some females will have a nurturing instinct . 

24-Golden-Hair-Reborn-Baby-Dolls-Lifelike-Toddler-_57.jpg

I think you're right.

Edited to add:

Pumas and bears might be interested, too........

Edited by Huntster

BFF Patron
12 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Exactly but not real ones .

Life like realistic little children mannequins where you could rig up to move a little just like a moving target or moving decoy .

Have a recording of crying children , laughing children that you can control .

One of my habituation contacts has told me that bigfoot does not like to be fooled or tricked by humans.        I have always theorized in spite of their size and power, that they feel mentally inferior to us clever hairless ones.   They have to look with wonder at our gadgets and vehicles.   They watched us develop them.    If that is true to any extent,  whatever we do should not involve trickery.    Perhaps that might be evidenced by looking at what gifting has been done.   Seems like I have heard stories about them reacting negatively to human trickery but cannot recall the specific stories.  

Since they use infrasound,  perhaps that could be used to lure them in.    If not that, then beating a base drum in the woods would certainly get them to come look.     The tree knocking concept is supposed to lure them but in my experience some of the knocks done by BF are warnings to keep other BF away from the area.   

The military played recordings of crying children during my POW training.     Was supposed to make us lonely and upset.   Backfired on them for me.     My thinking was they have me cooped up in this small box so someone else has to take care of the crying kid. 

Edited by SWWASAS

Any news on this front? https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/jun/06/idaho-state-professor-says-fbi-research-dilutes-ev/

“We’re trying to put together a project to do some systematic survey using environmental DNA techniques to sample soil and water in areas where reports have come from, footprints and so forth,” Meldrum said. “It’ll be an interesting test case. There is no precedent for recognizing a new species on the basis of DNA sequence alone.”

BFF Patron

Sounds like Meldrum has doubts that positive results would be accepted?

16 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

One of my habituation contacts has told me that bigfoot does not like to be fooled or tricked by humans.        I have always theorized in spite of their size and power, that they feel mentally inferior to us clever hairless ones.   They have to look with wonder at our gadgets and vehicles.   They watched us develop them.    If that is true to any extent,  whatever we do should not involve trickery.    Perhaps that might be evidenced by looking at what gifting has been done.   Seems like I have heard stories about them reacting negatively to human trickery but cannot recall the specific stories.  

Since they use infrasound,  perhaps that could be used to lure them in.    If not that, then beating a base drum in the woods would certainly get them to come look.     The tree knocking concept is supposed to lure them but in my experience some of the knocks done by BF are warnings to keep other BF away from the area.   

The military played recordings of crying children during my POW training.     Was supposed to make us lonely and upset.   Backfired on them for me.     My thinking was they have me cooped up in this small box so someone else has to take care of the crying kid. 

The end game is to put a bullet in one. I’m not really concerned with their reaction to being tricked.... because I’m sure being shot at will trump any ill feelings they had about being tricked. Hopefully they won’t have any opinion at all.... The important question is would they fall for it?

15 hours ago, hiflier said:

My goal all along was to find a PhD that I could talk to about this subject, and with who I could be transparent with concerning my reasons. I educated myself so that I could present my case on their terms using their language. If I couldn't accomplish that then I could see no way for me to progress in my ultimate goal of Sasquatch verification. Since I don't hunt I saw no other alternative. I'm not talking about seeing a Sasquatch, I'm talking about scientifically verifying its existence.

Your goal is honorable, but don't set yourself for an all or nothing conclusion. Your d-DNA work may not lead to more bigfoot evidence right-away.   However, you will encourage others to go down this path of discovery once e-DNA becomes more developed and cheaper.

Can you post a site where e-DNA water samples can be sent and costs are included? 

12 hours ago, 7.62 said:

There's another bait you could use I mentioned in the Grendel project that might seem a little out there and some what perverse . It  has shown time and time again to attract them.

If it's a some what active location and you have a thermal or night vision scope  you might stand a good shot at seeing one if they are in the area . Day or night it could be done but I think night time would work better. 

Luring in bigfoot by setting up children models that send out the sounds of playing children may work but the thought of it is horrid. Native Americans complained of bigfoots kidnapping their children. What happened next?  ……………………………………  dinner?  Isn't this scenario being played out in Oklahoma? 

BFF Patron
5 minutes ago, norseman said:

The end game is to put a bullet in one. I’m not really concerned with their reaction to being tricked.... because I’m sure being shot at will trump any ill feelings they had about being tricked. Hopefully they won’t have any opinion at all.... The important question is would they fall for it?

Aahh but remember they are hunters too.   Other than the gun,  there is not much difference between you hunting for them or them hunting for you.   They may well have a few tricks up their sleeve.  

2 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Aahh but remember they are hunters too.   Other than the gun,  there is not much difference between you hunting for them or them hunting for you.   They may well have a few tricks up their sleeve.  

Hunting dangerous game? Is dangerous...

BFF Patron

Like I learned when I got growled at.     I had no idea one had flanked me when I was trying to get one in front of me to break cover.   

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Sounds like Meldrum has doubts that positive results would be accepted?

How'd you arrive at that? He said this:

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

There is no precedent for recognizing a new species on the basis of DNA sequence alone

You may read "doubtful" (glass half empty) into that, but what I see is "unprecedented" (glass half full).

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

Your goal is honorable, but don't set yourself for an all or nothing conclusion

There is no "conclusion" in this, I've only been setting myself up to pursue the science. It will be science's conclusion, not mine. I have said al along that science needs to wade in on this. And I'm not the only one who is thinking this way, because if that wasn't true then e-DNA samples from the nesting site would have never even been a thought of, and Barackman and Meldrum wouldn't be talking about using the technology last Summer. So, it would appear that even our supposed top Bigfoot people think it's a good tool. I want SCIENCE to have the final say, which is why I'm on this path.

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

Can you post a site where e-DNA water samples can be sent and costs are included? 

Maybe you would like to? I think you will readily find nothing publicly available that even remotely relates to the creature we are looking for. And personally, I wouldn't go that route anyway. That's why I'm trying to work with academia, because academia will cost nothing and is uniquely suited to designing a testing protocol that will target the genes I've been talking about. Science and academia would be the best sources for this kind of thing. I don't think Dr. Meldrum used an off-the-shelf kit when he did the nest soil sampling.

I'm getting the impression that folks think they can just purchase a test kit, go find a body of water, send in their samples, and VOILA', discover Sasquatch DNA. It doesn't work like that.

Edited by hiflier