Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

BFF Patron
1 minute ago, Huntster said:

I can't accept such silliness.

I don't know how you separate your own internal voice from what you assume is BF mind speaking.    I have never had anything happen that would make me think I got mind speak.   Then again there are mental issues that people not only hear but converse with other voices.   I don't mind missing out on that kind of thing. 

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I can't accept such silliness.

While I might personally be inclined to agree with you on the subject of Bigfoot telepathy, there are many out there who would say the same thing about our overall interest in Sasquatch.  "Bigfoot?  I can't accept such silliness..."

Unfortunately, fringe topics like Bigfoot will attract a hundred people who are liars, con artists, or deluded for every one who tries to approach the topic seriously.  You would think that someone like Stroud would be a pretty rational guy, but we only know him by the personae that he presents on TV. 

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

......there are many out there who would say the same thing about our overall interest in Sasquatch.  "Bigfoot?  I can't accept such silliness...".......

Works for me. If they can't accept sasquatchery and move on, we're both happy. If they can't accept it and work diligently to debunk it, I will debate them. If somebody wants to debate me about mindspeak with an ape or hominin, and without us being able to do it between ourselves, they are welcome to try, but I will try to help them make an idiot out of themselves.

.......  You would think that someone like Stroud would be a pretty rational guy, but we only know him by the personae that he presents on TV.

Agreed, but he started down funny rabbit holes with Todd Standing, too. I think there's just a tendency for tv reality types to chase whatever they have to when ratings start to slip. Folks can only watch so many Survivorman episodes with him making fires in the rain and sleeping under a tarp. After a while, you've got to attract newer audience members.

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I don't know how you separate your own internal voice from what you assume is BF mind speaking........

The message, for one. The sound of the voice, for another. I've posted on this forum about a distinct voice foreign to my own in my mind. I've experienced what some might call "mindspeak".......twice........, but which the Catholic Church calls "interior locution". I strongly doubt under any circumstances that the source was an ape or hominin, or a moose or bear, or a squirrel or raven, and under the circumstances ( particularly the anguish and troubled thoughts going through my mind at the moment of the interrupting voice), a religious theme was unavoidable.

........   I have never had anything happen that would make me think I got mind speak.   Then again there are mental issues that people not only hear but converse with other voices.  

I don't mind missing out on that kind of thing. 

Religious reference to such communications are both numerous and, as my experiences lend me to reflect, wondrous. However, I have no need to hear bears, moose, mosquitos, or apes instructing me on anything.

Edited by Huntster
  • Upvote 1

Hunster, when do you hear this voice?

Mindspeak or telepathy may have been more prevalent in primitive people that enabled them to hunt silently in groups. This of course is a theory. As we became modern people and our minds and memories became filled with advanced writing, taking, electronics, and a whole host of modern day activities, mind speak faded away. Maybe bigfoot still has the ability of telepathy that enables it to avoid humans. As we move through the forest, our minds are at work transmitting electronic pulses. Can Sasquatch tune into these pulses or mind waves? If so this may be another reason as to why we are not finding bigfoot. ………  just theory.   no I don't suggest wearing tinfoil hats!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From a Sasquatch curiosity standpoint, a tin foil hat maybe just the odd apparel one needs to draw their attention. They've probably seen every other kind of hat by now- except THAT one. Of course any other Human on the trail may be inclined to give you an obvious wide berth. 

• Haha 1

What if mindspeak is not mindspeak but more of the senses. Like I have when I was hunting out the tree and deer would come in . I would stare at them ad they could sense my stare. They would stop ,look around and be very weary. They might even stop and lookup and see me in my tree but were not sure of my presences. Others times they would stop and stomp their hoofs on the ground a few times  move a bit , wag their tail and then let out a big blow. All those times that I seen those deer come up to my stand they all had some idea I was there. Even though the conditions were right with the wind, My scent-loc suit and having my self being sprayed down real good . I even stayed motionless for hours. They still knew some thing was not right.

But then I had the incident of asking these creatures for things with my mind and having it answered. I have no explanation for that but them being able to hear or read my thoughts that I was throwing out to them. Yet is not like I screamed out load to them to chase me down some deer to my stand. Shout out to them to bring me and leave me a crows feather on a trail. Heck, shout out in the middle of the woods to knock on trees so that I know they are out there. No, this was all done in my mind and yet I was getting response from some thing that was listening to what I was saying within my mind. Sure this sounds crazy and yes it sounds crazy to me. Yet it all happened. There is no way for me to prove it. All I can say is for all of you is to prove it your self if your Brave enough. Go into a hot zone and try this stuff your selves and see how scary it gets. Believe me you be pooping your pants . Do it at night and it is even more thrilling. 

18 minutes ago, hiflier said:

From a Sasquatch curiosity standpoint, a tin foil hat maybe just the odd apparel one needs to draw their attention. They've probably seen every other kind of hat by now- except THAT one. Of course any other Human on the trail may be inclined to give you an obvious wide berth. 

Hiflier

I gave you that laugh because I believe you sentence is true. These creatures thrive on curiosity and what us humans are doing. Just like that glowstick trick. It might have worked once but not twice. it is like giving them a a paper bag with a sandwich in it and placing one of those spring loaded rat traps. Right as soon as they put there hand in the bag the trap springs on their hand. If only I could be there to get a picture of when it happens.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Right as soon as they put there hand in the bag the trap springs on their hand. If only I could be there to get a picture of when it happens.

If your deer stories are what you think they might be indicating? Then I would hope that you getting a picture would be all that would happen ;) 

16 hours ago, georgerm said:

Hunster, when do you hear this voice?.......

Only twice in my life. Both times it was as I was walking somewhere, the voice sounded the same, few words were "spoken", and both times it interrupted highly anguished emotional thoughts racing in my mind. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interior_locution

BFF Patron
9 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

@SWWASAS, get thee to the Premium Section! Unedited dialogue and posting!

So if you hang out in the Premium Section you start getting Mind Speak?   

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

So if you hang out in the Premium Section you start getting Mind Speak?   

I've seen examples of Mind Bleed there.......

• Haha 1

BFF Patron

Maybe I have a built in tinfoil hat?     My only experience with this is when my recorder recorded something I did not hear with my ears.       I carry a recorder running on my pack in the field.   I had an incident where I was walking on a road along a river and a rock seemed to hit the road right behind me.     I was on the river side and a cliff was on the over side of the road.     I heard it hit the road, turned around, and did not see or hear anything else.     So I continued along the road,  got to my truck and  went home.           At home the next day I wondered if the recorder could give me a better idea of where the rock hit behind me since it was strange a rock would fall that far out away from the cliff.        I record in stereo.    I found the segment,  mostly my footsteps on the gravel road, and found the place where the rock hit the road.     It seemed to be directly behind me on the road.     Then things got weird on the recording.     I heard a sound like the pressurized door opening overhead,   followed by something like a toilet flushing.    Sounds I did not hear with my ears.    I walked a bit further from the sounds of my feet,  then a deep voice,   not my own, seeming to tell me I was "Too Close"     I did not hear any of this other than the rock hitting with my ears.     I don't know what you would call this.   The ghost hunters record stuff like this on their recordings they do not hear with their ears.    But for sure it is not Mind Speak.   The only thing that would make me not hear a segment of the recording would be if my memory was missing a few seconds of time.     What would cause that?