Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

29 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

........ I record in stereo.    I found the segment,  mostly my footsteps on the gravel road, and found the place where the rock hit the road.     It seemed to be directly behind me on the road.     Then things got weird on the recording.     I heard a sound like the pressurized door opening overhead,   followed by something like a toilet flushing.    Sounds I did not hear with my ears.    I walked a bit further from the sounds of my feet,  then a deep voice,   not my own, seeming to tell me I was "Too Close"     I did not hear any of this other than the rock hitting with my ears.     I don't know what you would call this.   The ghost hunters record stuff like this on their recordings they do not hear with their ears.    But for sure it is not Mind Speak.   The only thing that would make me not hear a segment of the recording would be if my memory was missing a few seconds of time.     What would cause that?   

Your possible loss of hearing or memory could have been caused by fear. 

And ghostly recordings of voices have been claimed by ghost hunters as well as exorcists (with witnesses) and occult operators.

Even though sasquatches might be a human species, one of my major impediments in accepting this Mind Speak stuff is the auditory language barrier. Even inter-species homo sapiens require common language, even if it is not auditory. Aboriginal Americans used sign language between their various tribes as well as with European explorers if a common verbal language was not known. Sasquatches transmitting the English language without speaking it, and people recieving such messages without hearing it, comes as close to "woo" as I can imagine "woo" can be. Conceptually, considering such from spirits or extraterrestrial beings at least fits the mold of such beings, but from a smelly, hairy apeman/hominin?

BFF Patron

I can tell by the recording that I was not afraid after the event.    I was breathing normally.    So I don't think a fear factor is at play.      After my recorded BF encounter,   I sounded like I had just run a half mile.    That too "Too close" thing will remain a mystery forever.    MIB has heard the recording and suggests that it might not be saying "Too close"   I think I posted the recording years back in the forum, so it may be in the archives.     But once you hear my interpretation, you cannot help but getting that from the recording.    The voice on Sonic Visualizer is interesting.   Lots of harmonics.    Makes my voice look simple.    The other thing I get from listening to the recording with earphones is the impression the sound is coming from overhead.    How is that possible?    A hovering spacecraft stops over me on the road,    opens up a hatch,    I hear the door opening sound, a gush of gas pressures equalizing,   and some deep throated dude says too close?    Then what?   I get beamed up,   alien probed,  then put back on the road,   with missing memory but no missing time on the recorder?     Fun conjecture but the recording data does not support that happening.     I will just cling to it being a weird thing simple explanation.    I would prefer to do that than think I had been probed.

Edited by SWWASAS

42 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

........The other thing I get from listening to the recording with earphones is the impression the sound is coming from overhead........

The "voice" I "heard" gave me the impression that it came from behind me. Both times I whirled around to see who spoke to me. But that might have been an instinctive act knowing that nobody was in front or beside me. 

The voice sounded identical, indicating that it came from the same source. It was calm, pleasant, peaceful. I had the impression that if that voice was a singer, he would be an extraordinary singer.

Much later, in religious reading, I read about such voices being "interior", or not truly perceived by the ears. I realized that was what I heard, although I wasn't really cognizant of that for a long time. IOW, it was so real, I didn't realize that I hadn't actually heard it as a sound, but even though it was in the mind or spirit, it was perceived as if it was an actual sound.

Even later than that, someone online write something that was really deep about how Creation was initiated through sound:

John 1:1

According to the other John: 

https://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/the-word/

Edited by Huntster

BFF Patron
19 hours ago, Lam90 said:

@SWWASAS maybe you dissociated for a few seconds. I wonder if the use of infrasound can sometimes cause memory loss or dissociation. 

I had no effects that I would associate with the infrasound event I experienced another time.      (Buzzing pain in the gut and extreme fear.   It was confusing,  but I remember every second of it.    I recognized it as infrasound and told the BF to quit)       None of that with this voice thing.   I was totally unaware of anything abnormal other than hearing the rock hitting the road behind me.       But I did check the recording for ticks associated with an infrasound event.     I did not see them,   but even my footsteps,  obscure them in a Sonic Visualizer trace.    So only when I am standing still can I see infrasound ticks on the recording.   Most of the time I was just walking back to my truck on the gravel road.       

There is a possible explanation I have not put on the table.      A very strong radio signal with the voice,  might have effected the audio circuits on the digital recorder and ended up on the recorder without me hearing it.    That begs the question of who would have a strong radio transmitter out in the boonies close to me.    Military maybe?    It was in the area where I observed military helicopter operations another time.    Maybe they were close and hidden and I nearly stumbled into some operation near the river and they commented I was "Too Close"? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

There is a possible explanation I have not put on the table.      A very strong radio signal with the voice,  might have effected the audio circuits on the digital recorder and ended up on the recorder without me hearing it.    

Why couldn't it simply be what is referred to as an "EVP" in paranormal research, where a disembodied 'person/thing' imprinted it? It's just as plausible.

BFF Patron

I can demonstrate radio interference with electronic devices and repeat the experiment.         Can you demonstrate EVP and repeat the experiment?     So which is more plausible?  

Edited by SWWASAS

Good question. I could only validate that it can be done, by involving enough objective people who participate in a experiment where a specific series of control questions were asked while a recorder was running, then examine the recorders file to determine if a disembodied voice specifically answered any of those control questions. Having personally experienced EVP's in various locations including my research area, I have no problem believing what they are.

The simple explanation for them being plausible is the same as the radio bleed reasoning. It's electromagnetic induction in both cases. I've seen music from one recorder "induced" via a transducer into another recorder in real-time while you could not hear anything playing from the first device.  The proximity of the sending recorder to the recording recorder also plays a role in how hot of an induced signal is picked up and reproduced.

BFF Patron
5 minutes ago, GuyInIndiana said:

Good question. I could only validate that it can be done, by involving enough objective people who participate in a experiment where a specific series of control questions were asked while a recorder was running, then examine the recorders file to determine if a disembodied voice specifically answered any of those control questions. Having personally experienced EVP's in various locations including my research area, I have no problem believing what they are.

The simple explanation for them being plausible is the same as the radio bleed reasoning. It's electromagnetic induction in both cases. I've seen music from one recorder "induced" via a transducer into another recorder in real-time while you could not hear anything playing from the first device.  The proximity of the sending recorder to the recording recorder also plays a role in how hot of an induced signal is picked up and reproduced.

While I do not disbelieve in EVP I prefer to pick a simpler explanation when it might apply.    I have a new transponder in my aircraft that puts an audio signal onto my interphone panel.   Not something desirable but something to be expected when you have strong RF signals at play.      A dynamic microphone on a recorder is prone to picking up RF if it is strong enough.     Some people pick up radio stations on their teeth near the commercial broadcast antennas.     Again at this point,   I prefer a simple and comforting solution to the mystery, even though it might be wrong.    Dr J might have wanted to find the portal where the troll warned me I was too close?  

SSR Team
On 1/15/2020 at 9:54 PM, hiflier said:

BobbyO, yes "we" are smart enough! What's holding us back now though is our stubbornness in how "we" go about the kinds of "research" that we do, or should I say have been more comfortable doing. Change is hard, but changing how we approach this subject is what we must do.

Doesn't look like we are to me H from where i'm standing.

I see little in the way of change over the last 60 or so years where results are concerned so something isn't right somewhere.

I agree, BobbyO, and good to hear from you. Hope you're doing well.

1 hour ago, BobbyO said:

I see little in the way of change over the last 60 or so years where results are concerned so something isn't right somewhere.

Then changing how we do things would seem like a positive move. If we don't then those who predict that we'll be in the same boat 5 or 10 years from now will probably be right. Here's the new way I've been looking at things: Fluorescence has been around for a long time. Much longer than e-DNA. It is used as a "bright" signal that makes a particular gene or protein actually visually stand out. When applied to e-DNA it can visually mark a proxy unique to a certain species when a sample is barcoded against known DNA data in the GenBank. This is perhaps only ONE way for doing something different. There are others but what I've described is the absolute safest all the way around. AND, if the Bigfoots are still out there, I see no reason to not get results, as long as science does a good job targeting what needs to be looked for.

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron
4 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Doesn't look like we are to me H from where i'm standing.

You know you bring up a good point.   Since prior to P/G   50 years ago individuals or groups have been looking for bigfoot and had little or no luck.   We must be doing something wrong.    And continuing to do the same thing is not likely to change anything.      But it just occurred to me that bigfoot will only be accessed when it wants that to happen.   That is the only meaningful way to change the dynamic between mankind and them.  They have to want contact for it to happen.     There has to be something in it for them.     But now that I have made that statement the big question is what do we have that they want any part of?     I can list some possibilities if what they might want and perhaps other forum members have other good ideas.   

1.    Improve their diet.    

2.    Help with adequate shelter

3.     Provide medical care and access to medicine.  

4.   Stabilize their habitat with suitable preserves.  

5.  Stop hunting them with cameras and guns.  

They might want those things and others but how do we tell them we can make them available?      Somehow we have to make contact and communicate if they are capable of that.     I would hate to think that it will take some sort of chance counter with a wounded bigfoot in need of help for that to happen.  That might be another 60 years or never. Somehow I think our heavy handed government has already messed up any chance of trust.     Anyone have any ideas?   

Edited by SWWASAS

On 2/5/2020 at 10:51 AM, Huntster said:

Sasquatches transmitting the English language without speaking it, and people recieving such messages without hearing it, comes as close to "woo" as I can imagine "woo" can be. Conceptually, considering such from spirits or extraterrestrial beings at least fits the mold of such beings, but from a smelly, hairy apeman/hominin?

Since we are not finding bigfoot except for a few blob squatches, are we jumping on the 'woo excuse' as the easy answer? Bigfoot mindspeaking is possible but is nearly impossible to prove with our present degree of 'tin hat technology'. There are so many other reasons for our lack of quickly locating families of bigfoots. For example, cougars are very rare and there are about 6000 that reside in Oregon according to the Oregon Dept. of Fish and Wildlife. Now to add to their elusiveness, they hunt all night. Bob Cats are night hunters  and so are black bears. Deer are dawn and dusk feeders and some feed all night. Racoons are night dwellers. Bigfoot feed on these animals so they must hunt mostly at night and sometimes at dawn and later at dusk. This fact makes them really hard to see. As thermal gear surpasses tin hat technology,  finding bigfoot will advance.    

SWWASAS     They might want those things and others but how do we tell them we can make them available?      Somehow we have to make contact and communicate if they are capable of that.     I would hate to think that it will take some sort of chance counter with a wounded bigfoot in need of help for that to happen.    That might be another 60 years or never.  Anyone have any ideas?  

We need to build trust and to stop over development of the land. They live off the land and can see its destruction since they are not stupid.   

Edited by georgerm

15 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

You know you bring up a good point.   Since prior to P/G   50 years ago individuals or groups have been looking for bigfoot and had little or no luck.   We must be doing something wrong.    And continuing to do the same thing is not likely to change anything.      But it just occurred to me that bigfoot will only be accessed when it wants that to happen.   That is the only meaningful way to change the dynamic between mankind and them.  They have to want contact for it to happen.     There has to be something in it for them.     But now that I have made that statement the big question is what do we have that they want any part of?     I can list some possibilities if what they might want and perhaps other forum members have other good ideas.   

1.    Improve their diet.    

2.    Help with adequate shelter

3.     Provide medical care and access to medicine.  

4.   Stabilize their habitat with suitable preserves.  

5.  Stop hunting them with cameras and guns.  

They might want those things and others but how do we tell them we can make them available?      Somehow we have to make contact and communicate if they are capable of that.     I would hate to think that it will take some sort of chance counter with a wounded bigfoot in need of help for that to happen.  That might be another 60 years or never. Somehow I think our heavy handed government has already messed up any chance of trust.     Anyone have any ideas?   

I tend to believe BF needs nothing from us but to be left alone.  I doubt they have a concept of things such as improved diet, medical care / medicine.  I"m sure they definitely would appreciate us to stop hunting them with cameras and guns though hence left alone.   

BFF Patron

You  could be right but how do we know that for sure, unless we have established communications with them?    Like most of us,  most of the time we are OK as humans.   But injury,   illness, and natural disaster can change that for humans as well as bigfoot having hard times.    Unlike myself, a major portion of our forum members and others who have been hunting them that are not in the forum do not even give them credit for having language.    They cannot conceive of a big dumb ape being able to speak.    Well I have heard their speech and they do talk.    If people cannot even accept what they are,  how can they expect to make contact?   Just like the skeptics claim,   if you are chasing a big dump ape you very well may be chasing something that does not exist.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1