Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

8 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

7.62,  that Predator trap did not work out very well.  It got past the trip wires.

My only reply to that is ..  GO.  GET to the CHOPPER!

• Haha 2

On 2/7/2020 at 8:45 PM, hiflier said:

My apologies to you SWWASAS, and to everyone. I realize this should all stay in my own thread and I should allow it to spill onto others. Again, please accept my apologies for being such a boor.

New genetic testing methods such as eDNA are helping solve the bigfoot mystery. There are some who are having their toes stepped on by two smart members          that ignore many comments by others.  Try messaging.  Hiflier is pushing us to accept eDNA and right- fully-so. This thread basically is about why we can't find bigfoot in any shape or form. Live, dead, or eDNA. Why are we not finding bigfoot?  What is the reason why field biologist can't find bigfoot with this eDNA method?  

This Notch 2 stuff is way over our heads so why bring it up? Do we have members discussing this topic that are phds in genetics? ……….…......…  just read part of the notch2 reasoning ……............….ouch . 

Notch 2 is a member of the notch family. Members of this Type 1 transmembrane protein family share structural characteristics including an extracellular domain consisting of multiple epidermal growth factor-like (EGF) repeats, and an intracellular domain consisting of multiple, different domain types. Notch family members play a role in a variety of developmental processes by controlling cell fate decisions. The Notch signaling network is an evolutionarily conserved intercellular signaling pathway that regulates

interactions between physically adjacent cells. In Drosophilia,   bla     bla    bla   explain     

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notch_

Some DNA comes from a Homo sapien like creature and the DNA gets in the creek water.  Some genes are missing or others added so the creature is near a Homo sapien.and would have a different genus and species name. Maybe Homo sapien giganti that has its own unique genetic code.    . 

BFF Patron

The danger in thinking you understand something and taking on a PHD or geneticist is that it is very easy for them to dismiss you without even hearing you out.   I suppose it does not hurt to try.  

Since I am aging my field days of chasing BF are numbered.       I am evaluating more passive methods to draw them into me.      Need something to attract their attention from a distance,   something interesting for them to see,  and something to keep them coming back.    So far the best thing I have thought of is sort of a food bank approach where several items in fairly large quantities are made available.   Try out different things and see what they cart away.      Gifting has to be in large enough quantities to draw in more than one individual.      Just getting them to congregate solves several problems and opens up possibilities with DNA collection and photography.    Work in progress in early stages.   

• Upvote 1

No one has to understand how NOTCH genes actually WORK. All anyone needs to know is that the NOTCH2 gene, and its one defective copy, ONLY relates to Chimps and Gorillas and their smaller, less cognitive brains. On the flip side of that coin, all anyone needs to know is that the four NOTCH2NL genes only relate to Humans, and their larger, more cognitive brains. One is for Apes only, and the other is for Humans only.

All the e-DNA stuff is about is choosing which ONE of those sets of genes one wants to look for.  Ya wanna find an ape? Create a sample kit that detects only the NOTCH 2 genes. Ya wanna find a Human? Create a sampling kit that only detects one, or all, of the NOTCH2NL gene variations. It all boils down to designing those two types of e-DNA sampling kits. One kit for apes, and another kit for Humans. A PhD will have no issues understanding, or talking, to anyone about this. 

Edited by hiflier

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

....... Need something to attract their attention from a distance,   something interesting for them to see,  and something to keep them coming back.    So far the best thing I have thought of is sort of a food bank approach where several items in fairly large quantities are made available.   Try out different things and see what they cart away........

Bait of one kind or another works with every animal I know of, even snakes. The best bait for really smart wolves that I've heard of is "poodle pee" from a female pet in heat. Trappers tell me that a wolf will step right into a trap that they know is there to put their nose in it.

Of course, I've also been thwarted repeatedly by bears, wolves, and wolverines at my bait stands. I've baited bears for decades now and then, and learned fairly soon that the young, dumb bears will show themselves, but the older, smarter bears will just wait until you leave or it's too dark to shoot before exposing themselves. Yeah., they're that smart. But a young, dumb sasquatch is still a sasquatch, so.........

My goal all along was to find a PhD that I could talk to about this subject, and with who I could be transparent with concerning my reasons. I educated myself so that I could present my case on their terms using their language. If I couldn't accomplish that then I could see no way for me to progress in my ultimate goal of Sasquatch verification. Since I don't hunt I saw no other alternative. I'm not talking about seeing a Sasquatch, I'm talking about scientifically verifying its existence.

43 minutes ago, hiflier said:

......... I'm not talking about seeing a Sasquatch, I'm talking about scientifically verifying its existence.

If you agree with the premise that government is suppressing discovery, then you should also see the futility in attempting to verify its existence to the world. The old adage of "you can't fight city hall" is amusing when compared to the mere thought of fighting Washington DC, Ottawa, Moscow, and Beijing together, not to mention at least 100 state and provincial governments, especially with something so easy to discredit as DNA. 

Just seeing one would be the ultimate outdoors experience. Why not be satisfied with that? It's perfectly legal, and if accomplished, it can't be taken away.

Hmmm. After all this time, Huntster? You don't seem to know me very well. Utter failure is something that I absolutely need to see for myself. Until then, I will never, EVER,  accept it.

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Bait of one kind or another works with every animal I know of, even snakes. The best bait for really smart wolves that I've heard of is "poodle pee" from a female pet in heat. Trappers tell me that a wolf will step right into a trap that they know is there to put their nose in it.

Of course, I've also been thwarted repeatedly by bears, wolves, and wolverines at my bait stands. I've baited bears for decades now and then, and learned fairly soon that the young, dumb bears will show themselves, but the older, smarter bears will just wait until you leave or it's too dark to shoot before exposing themselves. Yeah., they're that smart. But a young, dumb sasquatch is still a sasquatch, so.........

There's another bait you could use I mentioned in the Grendel project that might seem a little out there and some what perverse . It  has shown time and time again to attract them.

If it's a some what active location and you have a thermal or night vision scope  you might stand a good shot at seeing one if they are in the area . Day or night it could be done but I think night time would work better. 

17 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

There's another bait you could use I mentioned in the Grendel project that might seem a little out there and some what perverse . It  has shown time and time again to attract them........

A crying baby or playing children?

........If it's a some what active location and you have a thermal or night vision scope  you might stand a good shot at seeing one if they are in the area . Day or night it could be done but I think night time would work better.

I would really prefer a daytime visual, but I'm a beggar, not a chooser.....

Just now, Huntster said:

A crying baby or playing children?

I would really prefer a daytime visual, but I'm a beggar, not a chooser.....

Exactly but not real ones .

Life like realistic little children mannequins where you could rig up to move a little just like a moving target or moving decoy .

Have a recording of crying children , laughing children that you can control .

I have a few game callers, including g the Wildlife Technologies caller, but now just a good bluetooth speaker and cell phone work great. I was experimenting with doves just the other day. I can record my grandkids, and voila!

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I have a few game callers, including g the Wildlife Technologies caller, but now just a good bluetooth speaker and cell phone work great. I was experimenting with doves just the other day. I can record my grandkids, and voila!

Please read what norseman  said about my idea .

Have fun explaining it to a game warden if he comes across you doing it   . :D

Just now, 7.62 said:

Please read what norseman  said about my idea .

Have fun explaining it to a game warden if he comes across you doing it   . :D

LOL......

My legal standby is a hunting license and wild pig tag. That legalizes my possession of firearms. A game warden could never get a DA to prosecute me for illegally calling with a recording of kids playing and crying. Even if I told him I was calling a sasquatch, he has nothing but trouble if he screws with me.

• Upvote 1