The Ketchum Report

I'm guessing someone missed it, but I couldn't tell you who at this point. The bigger the unconfirmed height, the harder the fall, in my opinion.

Tim B.

BFF Patron

Quarterly journal maybe within ten days of March 30th is my guess...... who's got the pool going? wink.gif

What has the Dr.'s Facebook said recently? She wasn't tagged in an Erickson video or pic yet? Does she need a Sasquatch for her farm on Farmville? Or has it been quiet?

Okay so what's the consensus on a release date? Will it be in a week or in March? Or perhaps the ever-increasingly-more-likely never?

Tim B.

I have been following this type "research" for circa 14yrs and if this goes per standard then it will never release or it will be garbage.

Martin

What has the Dr.'s Facebook said recently? She wasn't tagged in an Erickson video or pic yet? Does she need a Sasquatch for her farm on Farmville? Or has it been quiet?

Deathly silent.

Tim B.

Sheesh. This not being my first rodeo, as they say, I've taken a very Laissez-Faire approach, and have taken measures not to become too wrapped up in this whole affair.

I surely hope momentous events happen, soon. I've crossed fingers and am rooting for such an outcome. Still, how many times can we aficionados be hoping for the best only to have hopes dashed?

So here's hoping and wishing for Dr. Ketchum. Pardon me if I keep the whole affair at arm's length.

The abstract says:

"The present invention provides for a universal genetic evaluation system capable of simultaneously determining multiple genetic characteristics in domestic and wild animals. In particular, the invention provides for the use of polymorphisms, such as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), insertions, deletions, inversions, and/or other mutations within gene sequences, as determinants of genetic characteristics, such as parentage, identity, sex, genotype and/or phenotype and breed determination. The universal genetic evaluation system is utilized to simultaneously determine multiple genetic in any species. The invention further provides generation of profiles for individual animals and populations."

Sounded " squatchy" to me at first.

Reading the patent info it says that it was trialed on bovidae, equidae, canidae, and felidae. If it wasn't so late I would type this sentence in pig latin. :o I think it seems to test for desirable traits in animals such as marbling or weight gain or milk production in cows etc. (Disclaimer: Don't hold me to it.)

She filed a patent for this procedure also.

Martin

Martin, just check the mention of "veriSNP" tm on Dr. Ketchums website for DNA Diagnostics Inc. here. The patent still appears to be pending.

http://www.dnadiagnostics.com/

Guest slimwitless

Jane Goodall recently used Facebook to wish Betty White a happy birthday. I'm not sure whether she's hooked up on Farmville or not.

Edited by slimwitless

RL had a blog entry yesterday about the study. Yes, I know, consider the source, but anyway he claims that the paper may be embargoed and that is generally a week before publishing. Elaborates on Ed Smith comments and the "dna about yo hit the fan" stuff from last week Personally, I don't believe a word of it but thought I would pass on the BS.

found this about media embargo's with nature, don't know if all journal's follow same process.

Embargo

The policy outlined on this page applies to Nature journals (those with the word "Nature" in their title). NPG publishes many other journals, each of which has separate publication policies described on its website. A current list of these journals, with links to each journal's homepage is available.

Communication with the media

Material submitted to Nature journals must not be discussed with the media, except in the case of accepted contributions, which can be discussed with the media no more than a week before the publication date under our embargo conditions. We reserve the right to halt the consideration or publication of a paper if this condition is broken.

LINK :

NATURE

Edited by zigoapex

Martin,

Speaking from the perspective of someone who knows the meaning of "position" on the list of authors: The pattern of authorship does not suggest that she had a leading role in formulating, executing or writing up any of these papers. These are not major projects, and fourth author would likely be a "thank you for contributing some specimens or a few thoughts" gesture. It would be more or less like including Tom Biscardi on her bigfoot paper. LOL.

The patent application is interesting. She doesn't seem to have to the technical background/support staff to develop such a device. Where did this come from? Speculation: She had a business relationship with a guy on the faculty at Texas A and M, reflected in the suit brought against the two of them for infringement. Faculty members have the time, background and support staff to develop patentable devices, but sometimes have issues with their school over who gets the rights to patents for devices developed in the course of employment. Ketchum, of course, is not employed by A and M, so if the patent were in her name the school wouldn't have a case. I have no way of knowing for sure but this sounds like one of those cases, where he and Ketchum might have made some sort of deal for her to obtain the patent in her name, to prevent A and M from claiming the rights to it. Might be perfectly legal. That's the way it smells to me, at least. And the patent application was written by a patent lawyer.

I was reviewing a semi-public website I had back in fall 09 and a statement in that wrt to the study...turns out I was rather propehtic...and state that the participants hoping to release by early 2010 should expect it to take much longer if the goal was peer-review of many samples. At that time I thought perhaps 20 were "in." It's Jan 2012, no surprise there. But, the Sierra Kill story was/is a surprise and so I find myself hanging round these 60page conversations waiting...

Parn your comments intrigue me, you intrigue me. I have read many of your comments in JFRE, I think some going back to pre-Georgia hoax?! I am impressed by your tenacity and thinking. I have had an amazing experience in the wilderness (almost matched by my experience in the equally facinating world of Bigfoot "reseachers") and some personal goals that gives me the umph to hang round often meaningless speculation even tho I am not a study participant. If my interests were more general, I doubt I would be here, but that's me.

What keeps you here? Hard to imagine just intellectual curiosity given your deep knowledge of Ketchum and the A&M situation...true, the info is out there, as is the whole InGen patent infringment. So, it's not special info, but it did require more than a few forum visits and Google searches for me anyway.

Why do you care so to be in a BF forum as a skeptic? Are you invested in the outcome in some manner other than curiosity?

I offered you all my evidence and story for review because of your skeptical thinking. I figured you would turn me down, but I expected at least a response of some kind. I am older, and not so skilled in these forums or with social media, so maybe a PM as such is a no-no, if so no worries, my bad.

But, now I wonder....do you work for the paper industry? Construction industry? Just what is going on with you Parn to be so informed on this and yet have no interest in first source evidence?

It could be you are just an amazing mind committed to educating the gullible...it is enjoyable sometimes online....but, I am curious and b/c you are here - fair to ask I suppose.

Edited by apehuman

What do you guys think about this statement? I have no idea who this guy is or if there is any truth to it at all. I saw it posted on blog talk radio yesterday. Thom was actually on the radio show. I haven't listened to the episode of the show yet so he may have mentioned it on there. The shows guest is Scott Nelson so it should be a pretty good show. It's up so you can listen to it now.

Thom Cantrall · Univ. of WA

Jon... exactly what you propose is happening in May in Richland, WA... on the same stage on the 4th, 5th and 6th of May, 2012, Scott Nelson and Ron Morehead will be presenting the case for Sasquatch Language, Dr. Ketchum will be presenting the case for Sasquatch DNA and Dr. Meldrum will be presenting the case for Sasquatch Anatomy and Locomotion... you going to be there?

blogtalkradio

PARN:

A few old timers tell me you are a surgeon and beyond that I suppose enjoy it here....that's enough i suppose for me as I have no other interest than curiosity as your bias seems somewhat crystaline, although..it was me that asked if you were here b/c of the heightend passion re: kills and the responses.....I am satisfied. The bigger question now for me is why am I here? And then I see the most recent post. That is a conference that sounds leading edge...