The Ketchum Report

SY, I'm not speaking about what is given on the forum. Addressing Mulder's point towards blaming science, (hypothetically) I'm asking Saskeptic or any scientists if they would spearhead a case study where the defining priorities cannot be analyzed because they are being withheld. I'm guessing the answer will be "no way". Especially when the evidence is presented without consideration of alternative interpretation. I'm also guessing that there will be a few answers of "yes".

I got ya now. I think it is an issue, because in the context of a body on the table , the premise for the study is inescapable, and unlimited testing is justified, but with a mere hair sample, the testing falls way short, and the sample provider all to often has to carry the financial burden to test beyond the little snippets that have been done to date.

BFF Patron

Good point SY, I read Dranginis had suspect sasquatch hair analyzed for minerals back in 2008 or so and it had out of human range fe/zn in it. To have sequenced or done further testing would have cost him $5000 as a case in point.

There was a single polymorphism that the Minnesota entomologist Nelson thought wasn't human. He was wrong. He spoke out of ignorance. That polymorphism was characteristic of the Native Americans of the area. The narrator of the program said that the odds were 5000 to one against it being human. Nelson denied that he told the producers that. whoof. Someone did.

Most vandals are young men who are drunk. They tend to be pretty careless about where they walk. The pattern of tissue or blood on the screws doesn't mean that the foot or feet were shaped that way.

Come on Parn,

you don't think Dr.Meldrum or Dr. Nelson didn't think maybe vandals were the perpetrators ? I guess you highly doubt there intelligence.

They were there, you were not there, and from your keyboard your trying to convey what probably happened?

This is what bothers me the most with some skeptics, they automatically make the assumption that who ever is investigating is incompetent, folk lore believers, without the intelligence to rationalize the situation. Your blindly making assumptions that insult everyone that had any part of that investigation, and at the same time, painting yourself as someone who has greater intelligence than anybody that would entertain the idea of an unknown primate.

Do you know the force it takes to stick your foot with a bed of screws 2" apart and then have to pull your foot back off and leave tissue behind ? they would be going to the ER.

why wasn't there any pieces of rubber or a sock left on the screws ? I highly doubt they would have much penetration. don't you think, even if drunk, they would have seen the screws in front of the door ? even if it was night, they would of had flash lights.

Don't you think if you were trying to stop vandals, you would do more than set up a board of screws in front of the door ?

Come on Parn,

you don't think Dr.Meldrum or Dr. Nelson didn't think maybe vandals were the perpetrators ? I guess you highly doubt there intelligence.

They were there, you were not there, and from your keyboard your trying to convey what probably happened?

This is what bothers me the most with some skeptics, they automatically make the assumption that who ever is investigating is incompetent, folk lore believers, without the intelligence to rationalize the situation. Your blindly making assumptions that insult everyone that had any part of that investigation, and at the same time, painting yourself as someone who has greater intelligence than anybody that would entertain the idea of an unknown primate.

Do you know the force it takes to stick your foot with a bed of screws 2" apart and then have to pull your foot back off and leave tissue behind ? they would be going to the ER.

why wasn't there any pieces of rubber or a sock left on the screws ? I highly doubt they would have much penetration. don't you think, even if drunk, they would have seen the screws in front of the door ? even if it was night, they would of had flash lights.

Don't you think if you were trying to stop vandals, you would do more than set up a board of screws in front of the door ?

Monsterquest is an entertainment program. The particular program in question employed pro-Bigfoot experts to investigate a particular location. I, for one, would take the series more seriously if competent non-partisan researchers had been involved and the goal was to objectively investigate the mystery, or to see if even there was a mystery. Instead, the program was designed to excite those who believe Bigfoot exist and for the purpose of building and holding a crypto aware audience.

Since the DNA analysis determined the blood was human, why would you think otherwise?

The screw trap was set out to discourage bears.

Why would you even begin to think that the blood on the screw trap was left there by a descendant of Gigantopithecus, or a relict homo erectus, or a neanderthal, or a giant monkey, or an anomalous monster ape, or a giant feral human, or a relict ancient homo sapiens, or a hybrid, etc.?

Being married to an Italian American for 15 + years, and having the utmost respect and love for my Italian family, I'd like to petition Italians to apologize for Fasano.

Personally, I would find great amusement if Fasano, Moneymaker, and Biscardi entered a padded room and each supplied with a tightly rolled newspaper and a benefactor offered publicity to the last man standing.

Guest exnihilo

Fascinating. So she recognizes that some of the world's most elusive animals have really only been captured with hidden cameras, but that camera traps are useless for bigfoot. Then she alludes to having multiple encounters with multiple bigfoots in the field. If no one else will provide an answer I might need to go straight to Ketchum with this one, but why/how on earth could creatures be so stealthy as to essentially be immune to capture via hidden camera, but open and approachable enough to allow themselves to be viewed directly by humans in the field?

sense make no its

It makes sense if you allow that the creature has a will of its own when it comes to encounters.

Monsterquest is an entertainment program. The particular program in question employed pro-Bigfoot experts to investigate a particular location. I, for one, would take the series more seriously if competent non-partisan researchers had been involved and the goal was to objectively investigate the mystery, or to see if even there was a mystery. Instead, the program was designed to excite those who believe Bigfoot exist and for the purpose of building and holding a crypto aware audience.

Since the DNA analysis determined the blood was human, why would you think otherwise?

The screw trap was set out to discourage bears.

Why would you even begin to think that the blood on the screw trap was left there by a descendant of Gigantopithecus, or a relict homo erectus, or a neanderthal, or a giant monkey, or an anomalous monster ape, or a giant feral human, or a relict ancient homo sapiens, or a hybrid, etc.?

Personally, I would find great amusement if Fasano, Moneymaker, and Biscardi entered a padded room and each supplied with a tightly rolled newspaper and a benefactor offered publicity to the last man standing.

They are still working on this, more sequencing is needed.

Ketchum working on full sequencing of Snelgrove Lake DNA. The Snelgrove Lake sample is a famous sample of flesh, blood and hair from a trap that was set to capture Bigfoot DNA at Snelgrove Lake in the far wilds of northern Canada. The subsequent testing of the tissue was incomplete.

I know the board is for bears, my point being that if the cabin was vandalized by drunk kids in the past(local investigaters didn't think it was vandals), wouldn't they do more than a board of screws ? Also,the hair did not match with any other animal.

Edited by zigoapex

Guest HucksterFoot

Yes, an entertainment show that thinks Snelgrove lake is 250 miles north of Ottawa. :] lol

Anyways, I have an issue with the Bigfoot stepping onto the screw board:

You wanna guess what it is? :]

SnelgroveScrewfoot2.jpg

SnelgroveScrewfoot.jpg

I think they are suggesting that it's a heel by the outline.

Come on Parn,

Good points Ziggo, it doesn't make alot of sense why a human would step on that board of screws, and simply stepping on it would not have driven that many screws into the foot before they sensed it and lifted their foot away. When we walk on a smooth surface we can tell when there is a two inch rise in the floor even in the dark. The board being right at the door dictates that the person is not running or jumping.

You sure it wasn't bleached human hair?

I didn't match human hair, and I doubt there was anyone smashing there head off a board full of screws.

I did a search on the closet town to the lake, there is only 164 people living in the town as of 2006.

I think it would not take long to find out who had a really bad limp all of a sudden.

Edited by zigoapex

Admin

A gentler kinder Bigfoot. :wacko:

Edited by WV FOOTER

Guest HucksterFoot

I didn't match human hair, and I doubt there was anyone smashing there head off a board full of screws.

Hair falls out. Why would they need to smash their head on a board.

Jason Beckert, M.Sc. - Concluded that the hair was human.

http://www.microtracescientific.com/people/jbeckert/jbeckert.htm

My source.

I think it would not take long to find out who had a really bad limp all of a sudden.

Mehrdad Hajibabaei, PhD - didn't find animal DNA (including primate DNA) the samples quite degraded.

http://ibarcode.org/hajibabaei/?page_id=193

My source.

I did a search on the closet town to the lake, there is only 164 people living in the town as of 2006.

Approximately 220 seems to be the latest (growing like a weed) :]

One of them stepping on a screw board remains to be seen.

http://www.ebr.gov.on.ca/ERS-WEB-External/displaynoticecontent.do?noticeId=MTAzOTYw&statusId=MTU1MzQ2&language=en

It makes sense if you allow that the creature has a will of its own when it comes to encounters.

So eventually one of these free-will-y bigfoots will decide that it's OK to be caught in a camera trap and we'll at least have a decent photo? Meantime, we're supposed to take the word of the folks who claim to "encounters" with relative regularity but fail to provide even a single Polaroid documenting one of these events?

Guest exnihilo

Saskeptic, think of it this way. If we were neighbors, and I placed a game cam in your backyard without your knowledge, that is quite a different thing than knocking on the door and introducing myself, apple pie in hand.

Saskeptic, think of it this way. If we were neighbors, and I placed a game cam in your backyard without your knowledge, that is quite a different thing than knocking on the door and introducing myself, apple pie in hand.

Sure, and you could have dozens of photos of Mrs. Saskeptic and I doing freaky things in our backyard before you peeled the first apple for the pie.

How does my welcoming you at my door when you come bearing pie (which I would do btw: I loves me some pie!) keep you from obtaining photos of me with your hidden game cam?