Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

My neighbor had her car damaged by a turkey, it saw it's reflection in the car and started attacking it, chipped the paint and put dents in the

door and fender.

Have you ever seen the episode of "turtle man" and how he catchs the turkey in the cornfield. evidently the reflection of a mirror sets the turkey in confrontational mode.

My neighbor had her car damaged by a turkey, it saw it's reflection in the car and started attacking it, chipped the paint and put dents in the

door and fender.

I think there'd be a dead turkey if it were my car !

she wasn't home at the time, our other neighbor saw it. he herd some banging noises and went and checked them out and saw the turkey attacking the car,

he might of took a video with his phone, can't remember.(sucks getting old !!!)

A lot of birds do that by the way, it's why you get bird crap on your freshly washed car, some idiot starling or something sees it's reflection and divebombs it trying to drive away the rival...

Woods activity is somewhat attitude related, if you're in predatory mode, with a gun, camera, or even just a keen eyeball, you'll find everything shuts up and keeps their heads down. Also you might find that if you walk the same area daily (Or fairly frequently) even though it might have a trail through that is used by hikers, that you in particular as an individual will be "got used to" provided you haven't been doing anything aggressive, and the wildlife will start ignoring you.

On one or two occasions, I've had the full on "Walt Disney" experience with rabbits and squirrels gamboling around my feet and bluebirds flying round my head... (Well not quite, but by that form of exaggeration it brings to mind the kind of thing I'm talking about)

Another thing I noticed is that walking with a staff/stick, you see more, I guess it transforms your footfalls from bipedal to deer with a limp or something... which may or may not be good, could "call in" cougars etc "Hey, over here, lame deer, easy meal!"

Then also when I've been "passing through" a familiar area, intent on getting somewhere else, I've practically walked into deer.

door and fender.

A veterinarian friend had the same experience but with a peacock.

BFF Patron

And who won? :music:

Have you ever seen the episode of "turtle man" and how he catchs the turkey in the cornfield. evidently the reflection of a mirror sets the turkey in confrontational mode.

I fell asleep one night with that show on and all I heard all night long was that horrible noise he makes with his mouth and "Live Action" (shudder)

There are odd things about this account, as thread comments point out. One thing that is odd is that both shooter and driver were looking at creatures they claim were mysteries to them. In this day, and at that location, for two hunters to see bipedal apes or hair covered humans and not think "Bigfoot" is suspicious.

BFF Patron

Yep, one thing that has made me squirm from day one to go along with "never been interested or gave a fleeting thought about BF" before the incident. Could help rationalize, justify or just to provide a cover in case F&G calls again.

Refresh my memory, did the lie detector test Justin took confirm he wasn't lying about shooting a bigfoot or did it confirm all of the details as he has told them? Some of which have morphed a bit with time, but have basically stayed the same.

Edited by CTfoot

Guest jimmy_simpson

As far as I can see the lie detector test makes it look like justin is telling the truth.

But it doesnt mean he is.

Dr. Meldrum was at the sight of the sierra shootings this was some of his words

I can say:

There was no “steak†— i.e. no muscle tissue, just a patch of skin and hair.

I was invited to the scene and had permission to bring a dog handler, but the scene was already rendered unsuitable by the activities of those already on site, and the dogs were never deployed.

I never made the statement rendered in quotation marks.

I never enumerated a list of characteristics indicating it was the “real deal†— quite the opposite.

I returned to the lab with a tiny sliver of the salted specimen (1mm x 5mm) with a couple dozen hairs attached. I cannot discuss the details of the analysis of the hair further due to the NDA.

I will say that humans are primates. No primates have underhairs. No human populations adapt to elevation by sprouting underhair.

I think Meldrum had even suggsted the alleged sample he got from justin was actually canine... most likely coyote....

Guest BFSleuth

Refresh my memory, did the lie detector test Justin took confirm he wasn't lying about shooting a bigfoot or did it confirm all of the details as he has told them? Some of which have morphed a bit with time, but have basically stayed the same.

It determined no deception.

As far as I can see the lie detector test makes it look like justin is telling the truth.

But it doesnt mean he is.

I've made several posts in various threads regarding the fallacy that "lie detector" tests have anything to do with actually detecting deception. Here's one of them. LD tests are great entertainment, nothing else.