Weapon Of Choice

Rod

Ok I will be the only one to answer this way I guess but 9 times out of 10 if I'm in the woods I'm carrying only my Mathews bow and a skinning knife. Way to many stories about people shooting sas and it not reacting so I figure that option is out and we don't have really anything else in the woods of Ky that I'm worried about. On one of the rare times I am carring a gun it's a savage 24 22/20guage loaded for squirel so I won't be taking a pot shot at the big guy with it except as a last resort. I'm really more worried about humans than anything that lives in the woods.

I did buy a .22/20g for the same reasons. I can't imagine a better woods combo really, at least in the relatively thick woods of the PNW.

Guest Thepattywagon

I inherited a beautiful Randall knife many years ago. I don't carry it much, cause I'm always afraid of losing it somehow. Between the prohibitive cost of a replacement and the 4 year waiting list for delivery, I think I'll just be really careful with this one!

http://www.randallknives.com/

Guest watch1

For all those that like guns and your wife doesn't.

I just added a Remington 870 to my collection.

With a little work, I will have it looking like this.

Remington_870_Home_Defense_A.jpg

Mike (watch1)

I did buy a .22/20g for the same reasons. I can't imagine a better woods combo really, at least in the relatively thick woods of the PNW.

My mom of all people recently gave me this one. My mom got it from my aunt when she passed awy and it has sat under a dresser in the case for over 20yrs un used!! I was asking her about one of my dads guns that I haven't seen in years and she asked if this was it. It's the savage 24 S/d model that was oiled and kept in great shape. I'm going to get my 4yr old son out in the woods this fall and chase some busy tails. I can't wait.

Guest wild eyed willy

what kind of job would one carry a riot gun on? Like a police job? or military?

I must have the wrong job, all I cary is a pen and a cell phone.

Guest wild eyed willy

For all those that like guns and your wife doesn't.

I just added a Remington 870 to my collection.

With a little work, I will have it looking like this.

Remington_870_Home_Defense_A.jpg

Mike (watch1)

got a mossburg that looks very much like that

what kind of job would one carry a riot gun on? Like a police job? or military?

I must have the wrong job, all I cary is a pen and a cell phone.

12Ga.jpg

Not a job, but the upper one (Remmy 870) resides behind my bedroom door.......

Edited by Incorrigible1

Guest wild eyed willy

Incorrigible1- You really surprise me sometimes, I figured you for a sword man. shwasbuckling (I know its probably spelled wrong) around in the woods, kind of like robinhood, but with more of a noble up bringing. Guess I was wrong....

You have shattered my Vision of who you are all to hell.

Incorrigible1- You really surprise me sometimes, I figured you for a sword man. shwasbuckling (I know its probably spelled wrong) around in the woods, kind of like robinhood, but with more of a noble up bringing. Guess I was wrong....

You have shattered my Vision of who you are all to hell.

"Pull!"

::Powders clay target with shorty Remmy 870 fired from hip.:: :lol:

Guest Roland

It would not be wise to go into the bush without a weapon. I am contemplating purchasing a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan:

5301.jpg

What is your weapon of choice?

Well this question can only be answered with a question, what am I to do in the field. Camp, Hunt, Fish and where am I at when I go into the field. Am I in big Bear country, Lions, Tigers or Lil Gophers, Coyotes, and Coons...

One has to balance protection with common sense, in say the lower 48 you can go camping, even deep woods camping with say a nice .38sp, .357mag, maybe a .44mag. but also bring bear spray and say a loud boat horn. Gun play is never the first choice when in a non hunting situation, nothing short of saving a life should that pistol ever leave its holster.

Rifles

When hunting Elk and Bear: I use .30-06, .303 British, and .300 Weatherby Mag.

When hunting Deer and sheep: .308, .44mag

When varmint shooting: M4 in a .223/5.56, .222 swift and .22 LR

Pistols: >454 Casul, .44 mag, .357/.38, .40, .22LR

I am guessing with this forum that the topic is weapon of choice to shoot a charging BF. Well believe it or not I would have to go with my M4 for 2 simple reasons... Ammo load out at 30 round clips and the total amount of high velocity rounds going down range.

Of course this is just me...

Well this question can only be answered with a question, what am I to do in the field. Camp, Hunt, Fish and where am I at when I go into the field. Am I in big Bear country, Lions, Tigers or Lil Gophers, Coyotes, and Coons...

One has to balance protection with common sense, in say the lower 48 you can go camping, even deep woods camping with say a nice .38sp, .357mag, maybe a .44mag. but also bring bear spray and say a loud boat horn. Gun play is never the first choice when in a non hunting situation, nothing short of saving a life should that pistol ever leave its holster.

Rifles

When hunting Elk and Bear: I use .30-06, .303 British, and .300 Weatherby Mag.

When hunting Deer and sheep: .308, .44mag

When varmint shooting: M4 in a .223/5.56, .222 swift and .22 LR

Pistols: >454 Casul, .44 mag, .357/.38, .40, .22LR

I am guessing with this forum that the topic is weapon of choice to shoot a charging BF. Well believe it or not I would have to go with my M4 for 2 simple reasons... Ammo load out at 30 round clips and the total amount of high velocity rounds going down range.

Of course this is just me...

Bravo! You've earned a sparkling adult beverage if we ever meet. I heartily concur with your Ruger .454 Casull shorty. Sometimes chambered with .45 Colt. Very useful. You'd like my .308 Rem Mohawk 600 in scout configuration.