Weapon Of Choice

Rod

Admin

Wish I had the 500 Sidewinder.

Mossberg_500_Sidewinder003.jpg

Biggie, I have a 500A pistol grip short barrel. I won't be hunting anything with it, it's just for self-defense. I love the short barrel, very maneuverable, great for close range situations... and given the right ammo, it will put a hurting on whomever the poor soul happens to be the target.

It holds 4 shells + one, I like to load buck shot, slug, buck shot, slug, slug. :)

God help'em...

I like my 1911 Colt .45ACP as a side arm, don't see a need for anything more.

Edited by gigantor

Admin

A Winchester 1300 loaded with three slugs and two rounds of 00 buck and a 1911 on my hip.

Dave, don't you think a buck shot would be more effective on the first shot? usually, your first shot is the worst under duress, you want some leeway there. Once you settle down a bit, you want a slug...

I totally agree with your 1911 choice.

Edited by gigantor

Dave, don't you think a buck shot would be more effective on the first shot? usually, your first shot is the worst under duress, you want some leeway there. Once you settle down a bit, you want a slug...

I totally agree with your 1911 choice.

Well, I've read tons of cases of trained shooters hitting the target dead-center in times of extreme duress. You know, the old "you're going to revert to your training under stress" axiom so I'm not too worried about it as I train pretty hard. I's just that I prefer having three slugs to two. However, that'll call for a little re-thinkin' and re-configuratin' I get my Kel-Tec KSG in November. :lol:

Biggie, I have a 500A pistol grip short barrel.

I have a short barrel also but not a pistol grip. I would like to get one of those shock absorber butts for it where the recoil would not hurt the shoulder after several shots.

I get my Kel-Tec KSG in November.

15 shots. Sweet. ;)

You could take out an entire gang of home invaders with that.

What kind of firepower would I need for trekking in the south Louisiana swamps and spillways. As far as dangerous predators I believe the only two I would need a gun for would be the Black Bear and the Aligator. From watching that Swamp People tv show they use a low caliber (.22?) shot to the head, the way I think is that if I am close enough to a gator to shoot it in the head I'm probably in it jaws. As far as the bears go I've lived here for 26 years and can't remember of hearing of a bear attack. But one must be prepared, the Alaskan looks to be a little to powerful for what I'm going to face, but I read a review on the Alaskan and the author said the weapon is accurate within 20-25 feet, I just might need that firepower, But wouldn't that 21/2 inch barrel make accuracy an issue for a novice gun owner?

As far as dangerous predators I believe the only two I would need a gun for would be the Black Bear and the Aligator.

Wild bores need to be kept in mind too. Although they are not human predators they are dangerous. I'd prefer a longer barrel for accuracy but that could increase the recoil too. Looks like the short Alaskan can turn into a anti aircraft gun pretty quick too if you don't keep a good grip on it.

MVC-020F.jpg

dsc00826wd.jpg

I used to carry my Colt pocket pistol in .32 acp, but recently the slide has become a bit "sticky" (anyone know how to fix this?).

dsc00824pv.jpg

Now I pack a cerakoted GP100 in .357.

Guest texansquatchhunter13

Umm... a hunting bow... if something besides BF was to attack me, it wouldn't scare BF off from a loud gunshot. Mostly I just conceal a few knives, so I don't appear as a direct threat to the creature. If I do wan't to pack anything, it'd just be a Remington 12 gauge shotgun, and a couple of bear slugs.

dsc00826wd.jpg

I used to carry my Colt pocket pistol in .32 acp, but recently the slide has become a bit "sticky" (anyone know how to fix this?).

dsc00824pv.jpg

Now I pack a cerakoted GP100 in .357.

May need a little oil... LOL