Weapon Of Choice

Rod

Rifles

When hunting Elk and Bear: I use .30-06, .303 British, and .300 Weatherby Mag.

Marlin 1895 45-70. I can't imagine ever owning another high-velocity uber-magnum.

When hunting Deer and sheep: .308, .44mag

Marlin 1894 .44M. The close range, little-thumper.

When varmint shooting: M4 in a .223/5.56, .222 swift and .22 LR

Marlin 39A .22LR. If you can't kill varmints and pot food with the 39A you probably should starve to death...did I just say that :)

Pistols: >454 Casul, .44 mag, .357/.38, .40, .22LR

Huh, Marlin doesn't have a pistol like this...Ruger Blackhawk 44M. Ruger revolvers...well, they just plain kick *ss.

I am guessing with this forum that the topic is weapon of choice to shoot a charging BF. Well believe it or not I would have to go with my M4 for 2 simple reasons... Ammo load out at 30 round clips and the total amount of high velocity rounds going down range.

Of course this is just me...

AR15/M4...never again. I spent so much time being tacti-cool that I've gone about as far away from it as a person can. Isn't it cool that there are so many choices?

When you absolutely, positively have to make an impression: Marlin .45-70 Guide Gun lever. Buckhorn sights, for me.

Marlin 1895 45-70. I can't imagine ever owning another high-velocity uber-magnum.

Marlin 1894 .44M. The close range, little-thumper.

Marlin 39A .22LR. If you can't kill varmints and pot food with the 39A you probably should starve to death...did I just say that :)

Huh, Marlin doesn't have a pistol like this...Ruger Blackhawk 44M. Ruger revolvers...well, they just plain kick *ss.

AR15/M4...never again. I spent so much time being tacti-cool that I've gone about as far away from it as a person can. Isn't it cool that there are so many choices?

Yep

When you absolutely, positively have to make an impression: Marlin .45-70 Guide Gun lever. Buckhorn sights, for me.

And Yep!

I am guessing with this forum that the topic is weapon of choice to shoot a charging BF.

No... not the intent of the topic.

Guest Roland

So this forum issue is to seem superior some how in your choice of weapons... OK... Some seem to be addicted to a name brand, others to what they have read... Who here puts there weapons where there mouths are...??? AK is calling in November, come walk the walk...

Guest Roland

Bravo! You've earned a sparkling adult beverage if we ever meet. I heartily concur with your Ruger .454 Casull shorty. Sometimes chambered with .45 Colt. Very useful. You'd like my .308 Rem Mohawk 600 in scout configuration.

I would be very hesitant to fire a shorty... wow... I have a Taurus "Raging Bull" in a 5" barrel, .454 casul which I absolutely love...

Guest Roland

No... not the intent of the topic.

Then I stand corrected and my opinions weigh even heavier in common sense, I am sure you would agree...

Personally I much prefer the ghost ring sights.

But personal choices is what makes these games fun

Guest Darrell

So this forum issue is to seem superior some how in your choice of weapons... OK... Some seem to be addicted to a name brand, others to what they have read... Who here puts there weapons where there mouths are...??? AK is calling in November, come walk the walk...

I'm not the biggest AK fan (of course being shot by/at by one does that). Saw a lot of them jammed up and left on the streets in Baghdad.

I would be very hesitant to fire a shorty... wow... I have a Taurus "Raging Bull" in a 5" barrel, .454 casul which I absolutely love...

...seem superior some how in your choice of weapons... OK... Some seem to be addicted to a name brand, others to what they have read... Who here puts there weapons where there mouths are...

I'm not the biggest AK fan (of course being shot by/at by one does that). Saw a lot of them jammed up and left on the streets in Baghdad.

I thought he/she meant Alaska.

Guest wild eyed willy

I think the topic, WOC is what you cary while in the woods. Personally, I would not fire on a BF. I think it would be a mistake you would only make once in most circumstances.

I don't think brand names have anything to do with the topic or the posts.. All guns have a brand name as do knives. (thats because companys make them).

I have noticed in the posts that most prefer modern weapons. ( no one has said they prefer a big stick with a nail in it).