Bigfoot 3 Season Nests, Spring, Summer, Fall.

FelixTheCat

3 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Were you a ball player ?  The only guys I knew that could played ball. I played also but it's not a easy feat to go 100 yards .

I'm not saying you can't but easy .....

It's not easy at all . 100 yards is a long way to throw a rock but if the person has a good throwing arm like my friends did it can be done.

Usain Bolt has ran the 100m in 9.58 seconds.  It’s been done but doesn’t mean it can be done by all.  Doesn’t mean it can’t be beat.  Doesn’t mean I have to believe a BFF poster can even run a 10 second 100 meter.  I’d want to see it.  Nothing personal, just my belief.     

15 minutes ago, Twist said:

Usain Bolt has ran the 100m in 9.58 seconds.  It’s been done but doesn’t mean it can be done by all.  Doesn’t mean it can’t be beat.  Doesn’t mean I have to believe a BFF poster can even run a 10 second 100 meter.  I’d want to see it.  Nothing personal, just my belief.     

It  just comes down to technique . You can find a guy who can bench press almost twice the weight of a much larger and stronger man who doesn't lift.

Some of it is just natural ability you are born but most  is just muscle training .  Throwing fast and far is something most of us never do as we get older.

I think if I tried now I would strain something :biggrin:  

Even younger I just never had a good throwing arm 

Edited by 7.62

1 minute ago, 7.62 said:

It  just comes down to technique . You can find a guy who can bench press almost twice the weight of a much larger and stronger man who doesn't lift.

Some of it is just natural ability you are born but most  is just muscle training .  Throwing fast and far is something most of us never do as we get older.

I know I couldn’t throw a rock 100 yards and I’m sure I’d strain something trying!!  It’s not an easy feat hence why I doubt the average person can.   Happy to eat crow if proven wrong by either of them.  I’d gladly pay their premium membership for a year and give them props. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Twist said:

I know I couldn’t throw a rock 100 yards and I’m sure I’d strain something trying!!  It’s not an easy feat hence why I doubt the average person can.   Happy to eat crow if proven wrong by either of them.  I’d gladly pay their premium membership for a year and give them props. 

Where were you thirty years ago?

I moved two pianos today and I think I’m gonna die.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Twist said:

Ughhh, pianos only seem to exist to be moved or given away.   Pianos and exercise equipment!

The joys of owning a mini stg!

On 4/14/2020 at 12:10 PM, FelixTheCat said:

think this line of thought, also goes a long way to estimating their intelligence.  If they cannot make bows and arrows, and just use rock

throwing, and perhaps stick throwing, then to me that indicates a primitive level of intelligence.

Fe;ixTheCat

I have had this line of thought since 2004 and maybe even  by 2001 when I was sleeping in a tent. I was with two others in northern Michigan camping when we had a encounter in our camp site. I was asleep when I awoken by some noise outside my tent. The other two went down by the creek and I stayed in my tent. When they came back I was in the tent freaked out with my gun loaded. I shouted out to them and they said that they left a gift for us. It was a nice size rock that was left on a stump  that we all sat on next to the fire pit. The picture is on this forum in the BFF 1.0 version if you want to see it. It is not allowing me to post the picture of it for some reason.  But it is of a nice size hand size rock and very likely could have been used to hit me with if I would have done the wrong move. It is always good to make the right decision and not to panic. The good thing is that I did not know about the rock until after the visit.

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

Fe;ixTheCat

I have had this line of thought since 2004 and maybe even  by 2001 when I was sleeping in a tent. I was with two others in northern Michigan camping when we had a encounter in our camp site. I was asleep when I awoken by some noise outside my tent. The other two went down by the creek and I stayed in my tent. When they came back I was in the tent freaked out with my gun loaded. I shouted out to them and they said that they left a gift for us. It was a nice size rock that was left on a stump  that we all sat on next to the fire pit. The picture is on this forum in the BFF 1.0 version if you want to see it. It is not allowing me to post the picture of it for some reason.  But it is of a nice size hand size rock and very likely could have been used to hit me with if I would have done the wrong move. It is always good to make the right decision and not to panic. The good thing is that I did not know about the rock until after the visit.

very interesting, thanks for posting

8 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

....When they came back I was in the tent freaked out with my gun loaded. I shouted out to them and they said that they left a gift for us. It was a nice size rock that was left on a stump....and very likely could have been used to hit me with if I would have done the wrong move.

With all your experiences, you would know by if they were out to injure you. Seems like it was a friendly gesture. Who knows why they would think a rock is a gift. I read an account where a woman said a BF went inside her rural house to leave a rock on her nightstand. There are other similar accounts. Sometimes they leave their kill carcasses as gifts too. I'd love an explanation for that one more than the rock.

3 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

With all your experiences, you would know by if they were out to injure you. Seems like it was a friendly gesture. Who knows why they would think a rock is a gift. I read an account where a woman said a BF went inside her rural house to leave a rock on her nightstand. There are other similar accounts. Sometimes they leave their kill carcasses as gifts too. I'd love an explanation for that one more than the rock.

Like  house cats do :biggrin:

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 6:11 AM, Twist said:

Ughhh, pianos only seem to exist to be moved or given away.   Pianos and exercise equipment!

Years ago, a friend of mine ordered a set of weights for lifting. He went to pick them up at customer service and because the box was reasonably average size he went to pick it up.......forgetting that he had ordered 125 lbs.! Needless to say, he was a little embarrassed.

He found himself wondering how many customer service department people over the years placed bets on whether or not a customer coming in to pick up a box of weights had completely forgotten how heavy the box actually was.  

Edited by hiflier

On 4/14/2020 at 6:05 AM, norseman said:

........it is possible to hunt with rocks. At least for small game. Not sure how effective it’s gonna be against Deer and Elk.

It was a common practice to stone people to death in 1st Century Judea. 

I've been stoned a few times myself, and in more ways than just getting rocks bounced off my hard, lumpy head..........

• Upvote 1

On 4/14/2020 at 7:16 PM, Twist said:

.......Doesn’t mean I have to believe a BFF poster can even run a 10 second 100 meter.  I’d want to see it.  Nothing personal, just my belief.     

My best 100 yd time in high school was 10.5. Now? I can't run at all. Bad knees. I walk miles, though. 

On 4/14/2020 at 7:30 PM, 7.62 said:

Even younger I just never had a good throwing arm 

I played outfield in high school and Little League. I could throw far, but I never had good accuracy, even after focused training for it. I could NEVER hunt with rocks, and likely would have sucked with an atlatyl. I was a good archer.

On 4/16/2020 at 9:49 PM, Arvedis said:

Arvedis

I am not sure that it was really a gift though. Since there was some salmon next to the stump and it grabbed that. I think that it left the rock on the stump and grabbed the salmon. This salmon was more important to for it. So again I am assuming this since I am only trying to think what it could have been thinking at the time. You have to understand that we did shoot at it or maybe one of these creatures before this weekend camp out.  That would be the reasoning for it carrying the rock into camp. I only call it a gift since it left it on the stump. As far as I am concern it might have forgot the rock when it found the salmon. Since the only thing that this thing was after was food it only had the rock for protection. This is why I was very lucky that I did not do some thing very stupid. The worse thing about the whole thing was that I had a flashing camtrail next to my tent that I had placed tape on the motion sensor. So that was my first taste of closeness to death that I could have come to with these creatures.

I am sure enough that they use rocks to knock down their prey to dispatch them. They are hunters and have the strength to rip their prey apart with no problem. Even the young ones are very capable of doing what the adults do. Spring and fall is when I have had the most encounters. I sure would like to know what other things that Felix The Cat has found.

Walking around carrying a rock for throwing could suggest premeditated thought. Even if not walking around carrying one or two, the simple act of reaching down to pick up one says a lot. So, hunger? Distraction? Intimidation? No matter the reason there must be a level of training and experience behind such a maneuver- especially when performed silently until the rock strikes something. We talk a lot about this rock throwing stuff but it really does show more to us than just the simple act a tossing an object.

It's something we kind of take for granted when actually the phenomenon should almost register shock. Like watching Patty walk across the screen. It makes me think we've hardened ourselves to the impact of what these things truly mean. To put it in perspective, there SHOULD NOT BE a Patty, and there SHOULD NOT BE rock throwing- except by Humans. The ramifications of such things get softened with time and dialogue and we lose the significance of what we discuss. Keeping it green isn't easy, but every now and then, assessing the magnitude of what it is we are talking about is an important review lesson for all of us. Walking around on two legs and rock-throwing by something that isn't a Homo sapiens sapiens is an extremely, highly serious, phenomenon. 

• Like 1

• gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic