Sasquatch In Towns & Cities...?

Guest Bucket

I think the misconception that BF only lives in the remotest areas is by this point in time just handy propaganda. While prey animals are moving in great numbers back into semi-rural areas it would be shortsighted to think BF wouldn't follow them. Add that to the fact we don't look real hard for them closer in it's a virtual win-win for the big guys.

Well speaking of hanging out on the fringes of society, the cigarette I left in a clear plastic case is gone. I had initially thought to leave it in a clear plastic bag but thought better of it, afraid the wind would blow it away. I put it in a clear plastic case and wedged it next to a potted plant at the edge of my brother's deck after last week's incident. I went over Monday evening and the case was undone but the cigarette was gone. Yet again, the storage door was also open. Best I can tell, if it is bigfoot, it is raiding the ash tray on the deck on weekends when my brother is at work during the night.

So my next plan is to get a recorder and set it out on the deck on a weekend night and leave another cigarette in the clear case for whoever or whatever it is. I am also going to cut those weeds down this week by the side of the deck and churn up the soil with a hoe to see if I can get some prints in the next few weeks.

Guest Yeti1974

For me it has been a gradual thing I first found them on the internet.

Knew they lived in the mountains, then saw them in foothill snapshots. The family said, yeah, sure.

Tried the barely rural canal, and they were sure there. One of the kids believes now.

I wondered, did they wander down the canals into town? Looked by the canal behind the stores. Yep. Told the family, finally, about that.

Some time later, I looked in the bushes across the street from there, by the Safeway. Yep.

I looked across the street from there to my house. Nawww, they wouldn't.

But they would. I can sit on the lanai and take pictures straight up into the big pepper tree. I don't have to leave my yard to go squatching. I am pretty sure they know I know they are there. Maybe.

The picture on my profile, not the avatar one, the other, was taken from my 22 year old daughter's bedroom window. She is quite lovely, godess-like even. I call the ones out there her fan club. I think she has started closing her shade.

And I just had to close a window cause of a weird smell. Sort of a old pee smell. No, that wasn't yours truley.

Can't say as I feel comfortable about this all yet. They are real peaceful, I hear. But it makes me hold my breath every time the roof creaks or I hear a thump.

Kings, can you attach some of your photos to a post here so we can check them out?

Guest Tsalagi

Considering how deer, coyote and bear are all moving into cities across the country its no surprise Bigfoot might follow along too. My dad actually hit a deer Saturday driving through the city. Even in our nearest big city they have had bears up trees in backyards. Always makes the newspaper with accompanying photographs, so there's no denying what took place. (though there are people that will laugh at you in face for saying bears are in town) In times of extreme heat, like we are in now, animals are known to move into town in search of food and water. Experienced this many times living in Flagstaff during the droughts, to the point you had to be really cautious night and day just taking the garbage out. If one has a garden near their house I would be especially wary right now for many creatures showing up especially at night. Corn fields no doubt would attract Bigfoots, but then it could be easy to hide in.

I just wonder where is all the poo?

They're not horses or cows stuck in a pasture! LOL!!! Plus lots of folks don't spend a lot of time out cross country on "Poo-Patrol"....or at least I don't. Since Bigfoot seems to keep off trails and out of open areas I'd say you need to do some serious bushwacking??? Good Luck with that BTW!! :D

Guest Biggie

be sure to listen to the annoying video because they have the howlers in it. I hear those things screaming late at night on rare occasions.

That would get old very quick just hearing them during the day let alone at night. I remember you saying in another thread that you hear them not only at the zoo but from another direction. Aren't they illegal for someone to own privately? If so maybe you could report hearing them from that direction where animal control could patrol the area to hear them where they'd be able to possibly locate and confiscate them.

I just wonder where is all the poo?

Bear Grylls must collect them to start fires, make torches with them, and to eat the berries out of them. He eats everything out there. I don't see how his wife would ever want to kiss him after everything he eats.

I don't know if folks have this misconception that there should be mountains of poo out there, but that is no where near the case. There aren't mountains of deer crap out back of every spot you see them. Same with bears, coyotes, elks etc. If something is not confined like a cow in a pasture, its poo will not just sit around piling up.

That would get old very quick just hearing them during the day let alone at night. I remember you saying in another thread that you hear them not only at the zoo but from another direction. Aren't they illegal for someone to own privately? If so maybe you could report hearing them from that direction where animal control could patrol the area to hear them where they'd be able to possibly locate and confiscate them.

I'm about a mile away from the zoo. In the evenings, at sunset, you can here them in the summer. I don't recall ever hearing them singing in the winter. I think in the 3 years I've lived here I've heard them late at night maybe 5 times. The first time was the evening before the bigfoot sightings on the river in town in 2009. The other yells coming from further north on the river from the wrong direction happened about 3 times in the last year. I don't know if I could isolate exactly where the noise is coming from for animal control or the cops to find it. I just chalk it up to another one of those weird isolated coincidences rather than giving any serious thought to someone owning a howler monkey.

Guest vilnoori

Well I don't know about BF but last night I heard what sounded like a wolf howl, then it was taken up by the coyotes and finally all the neighborhood dogs. Yay.

The one I mentioned is on here as the profile picture.

I don't see one that shows its an urban area, so I will just go take some. Still light out.

The one I mentioned is on here as the profile picture.

I don't see one that shows its an urban area, so I will just go take some. Still light out.

Hard to see on the profile pic.

Can you attach it to a post?