Feats of squatch strength

DaleyWoodbeater

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

All that hard work to get my 21 inch 💪. Only to be out done by

A mythical beast and cartoon character.

At least I am taller than him and her according to "experts"

You're 7 feet tall with 21 inch arms...

Good God, man.  Quit the science gig and let's hit the WWE.  I would make a great manager.  

Great idea, BRB! Hmmm.....he would need a catchy moniker for the ring that fans could warm up too. I wonder what that could be.....Oh....how about BIGFOOT!  He could enter the ring in a fur coat with the top of a Bigfoot's sagittal crest and his wrestling shoes could have toes on them. He would be a fave on the circuit  :) 

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Just because you keep calling Patty a mythical beast doesn't mean that she is. You know a lot of people are working hard in the field and elsewhere to prove Sasquatch reality and so to keep using the phrase "mythical beast" every chance you get could be seen as an affront to their efforts. Might I respectfully request that you reduce the frequency of using the phrase a bit? I mean we all know what your opinion on the matter is without the constant reminders. It's only my opinion but the constant reminders have moved into something a bit more than simply reminders. Thank you :) 

I'm no therapist but it's kinda obvious the poster is in denial.  I've noticed that with lots of folks, here and elsewhere. There are tons of things to pay attention to in life.  But, you don't pay attention to things that aren't important to you (unless you have to for a job or something).  If your BS filter is not in high gear then info overload will pull you under.

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

Just because you keep calling Patty a mythical beast doesn't mean that she is. You know a lot of people are working hard in the field and elsewhere to prove Sasquatch reality and so to keep using the phrase "mythical beast" every chance you get could be seen as an affront to their efforts. Might I respectfully request that you reduce the frequency of using the phrase a bit? I mean we all know what your opinion on the matter is without the constant reminders. It's only my opinion but the constant reminders have moved into something a bit more than simply reminders. Thank you :) 

I will do as you ask. For I am a gentleman.

Perhaps just perhaps you could do the same.

54 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I'm no therapist but it's kinda obvious the poster is in denial.  I've noticed that with lots of folks, here and elsewhere. There are tons of things to pay attention to in life.  But, you don't pay attention to things that aren't important to you (unless you have to for a job or something).  If your BS filter is not in high gear then info overload will pull you under.

Not in denial. Thank you for your concern.

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

You're 7 feet tall with 21 inch arms...

Good God, man.  Quit the science gig and let's hit the WWE.  I would make a great manager.  

I am sure you would. I am nearly 60. Father time remains undefeated. Science lasts a lot longer

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I will do as you ask. For I am a gentleman.

Perhaps just perhaps you could do the same.

Not in denial. Thank you for your concern.

I am sure you would. I am nearly 60. Father time remains undefeated. Science lasts a lot longer

You are a gentleman, sir.

Agreed, Patterson-Gimlin, and thank you for your considerate response. I truth, the jury is out until there is proof, and that is the ever-occurring bottom line. It has been very interesting for me to figure out ways over the years to try and crack the case- for good or not so good depending on one's viewpoint. But since all avenues have not been exhausted yet, then forward is the only direction toward whatever the truth may be. So....forward it is- whether in the field or elsewhere ;) 

Edited by hiflier

Feats of Strength in the thread title and not a single reference to Seinfeld??  This forum does not party...

tumblr_nh2kctEhsW1rm4mpho1_500.jpg

I know this doesn't qualify as an "observed" feat of strength but I can recall a BFRO report from an elk hunter who, according to the report, observed the result of a feat of strength. I've looked for the report but could not find it but I'll look some more. I can't quite remember all the details but I do recall the main part.

An elk hunter was using an ATV to get to his destination in the mornings and would leave by the same route late in the afternoon. He used a road (I think a fairly crude one) through some woods and he had to cross a small creek while going through the woods. On the way in one morning, he discovered a tree blocking the road he had been using, and it was placed right in front of the creek. The tree was not there the night before. I'm fairly sure the witness said the tree was too big to have put there by humans.

The next morning when he came in, either two or three more trees had been placed by the first tree, blocking the road in front of the creek. I'm pretty sure he said again these "new" trees were too large to have been carried by humans and placed there. The apparent weight of the trees and how difficult they would have been to move to another spot was the real gist of the report. I think this part is correct; he checked around and found the trees did not appear to have come from right around the area where the creek crossed the road. And that there was no sign they had been dragged through the woods. He felt they had to have been carried and were simply too big for humans to have done it. 

This is what I remember about the report; I hope it's at least fairly close to what was in it. I think I may have even made a reply in the thread. It's been a few years since I read it. I'll keep trying to find it; it was an interesting report.

Accounts of the strength that these creatures possess doesn't surprise me.  

Gorillas are what?  400 lbs?  And about roughly 10 times stronger than a man?

It would make sense that a 800 to 1000 lb Sasquatch would be orders of magnitude stronger.

What does strike me as interesting is the accounts of the SPEED these creatures are claimed to possess.  We have seen or heard fast moving SOMETHINGS during our outings.  But, never seeing more than a shadow or dark outline... I can't say that what we are seeing is Sasquatch, Usain Bolt out for a forest run, deer, etc.

However, there are accounts that these things are openly seen moving at cheetah speeds or greater... moving unbelievably graceful, almost to the point of looking unnatural. 

Take for instance the British woman who had an encounter in northern California who was a guest on Sasquatch Chronicles episode 515.  She seemed like a credible witness. Her exact words were something to the effect of "The way that they moved.  Almost as if they were gliding across the beach.". You can hear the distress in her voice as she recalls their movements.

We don't see any evidence of this speed in the PGF, or in the Freeman footage, or in any of the other footage whether it's considered real or fake.  I have been around large animals before and I know full well how quickly they can move in despite of their bulk.  However, these things consistently are described as having almost supernatural speed, grace, and agility.

• Upvote 1

BRB, the speed and grace she described is very much like my own encounter many years ago. The figure moved very smoothly uphill from a creekbed to the top end of a clearcut in what seemed like 2 minutes, across terrain that would have taken me at least 10 minutes to scramble up, and never appeared to be running. The impression I got was that it almost seemed to "flow" uphill. That definitely appeared superhuman to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BC witness said:

BRB, the speed and grace she described is very much like my own encounter many years ago. The figure moved very smoothly uphill from a creekbed to the top end of a clearcut in what seemed like 2 minutes, across terrain that would have taken me at least 10 minutes to scramble up, and never appeared to be running. The impression I got was that it almost seemed to "flow" uphill. That definitely appeared superhuman to me.

Have you posted your full account on the forum?  I would be very interested in reading it.

I'm sure I have it somewhere on this forum, but can't locate it right now, so here's a link  http://thomassteenburg.com/?s=Brad+Trent to an interview regarding the sighting with Thomas Steenburg a while ago. I'm fortunate in living only a few miles from Thomas, and I join him regularly to check out sighting reports and interview witnesses.

The valley where my encounter occurred in the late '70s has since seen most of the clearcuts from that era fill in with new growth. Thomas has reports of several other sightings in that same valley, some from near the same time as my own. In addition, my then 13 year old son had a sighting there a couple of years before mine, which I missed by seconds because I didn't respond to his excited calls soon enough. I also found a trackway in snow there on another occasion, which is recorded in John Green's database.

Edited by BC witness
add link
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Accounts of the strength that these creatures possess doesn't surprise me.  

Gorillas are what?  400 lbs?  And about roughly 10 times stronger than a man?

It would make sense that a 800 to 1000 lb Sasquatch would be orders of magnitude stronger.

What does strike me as interesting is the accounts of the SPEED these creatures are claimed to possess.  We have seen or heard fast moving SOMETHINGS during our outings.  But, never seeing more than a shadow or dark outline... I can't say that what we are seeing is Sasquatch, Usain Bolt out for a forest run, deer, etc.

However, there are accounts that these things are openly seen moving at cheetah speeds or greater... moving unbelievably graceful, almost to the point of looking unnatural. 

Take for instance the British woman who had an encounter in northern California who was a guest on Sasquatch Chronicles episode 515.  She seemed like a credible witness. Her exact words were something to the effect of "The way that they moved.  Almost as if they were gliding across the beach.". You can hear the distress in her voice as she recalls their movements.

We don't see any evidence of this speed in the PGF, or in the Freeman footage, or in any of the other footage whether it's considered real or fake.  I have been around large animals before and I know full well how quickly they can move in despite of their bulk.  However, these things consistently are described as having almost supernatural speed, grace, and agility.

Honestly from the pics and videos that have been posted of them they really don't look like they are built for that kind of speed.Maybe they have that explosive speed like a grizzly has but 

it doesn't last for long . Who knows . A lot of big heavy animals in North America and Africa have that kind of explosive speed but soon tire out.

27 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Honestly from the pics and videos that have been posted of them they really don't look like they are built for that kind of speed.Maybe they have that explosive speed like a grizzly has but 

it doesn't last for long . Who knows . A lot of big heavy animals in North America and Africa have that kind of explosive speed but soon tire out.

Yeah, that's where I am at.  The only video that shows some speed is the Russian one where the kids film what looks like a huge chimp hauling butt through the trees.

Yet, there are credible people like BC Witness that report seeing them move in at speed in an almost unnatural way.  

Off course, you see a gorilla walk on two legs and it is ungainly.  It throws down an arm or two and it can move.  

The speed and the creepy 'spider crawl' that you hear about occasionally interest me.

• 2 weeks later...

The advantage of being hairless, of course, is to stay cooler at long distances. Big hairy creatures move fast but not for long due to overheating. In winter though who's to say.

• Upvote 1