Feats of squatch strength

DaleyWoodbeater

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

The advantage of being hairless, of course, is to stay cooler at long distances. Big hairy creatures move fast but not for long due to overheating. In winter though who's to say.

Witnesses only seem to see them moving like that for a couple of seconds at the most...at least from what I have read and heard.

Maybe they are capable of those bursts of speed for only brief durations.

The preternatural grace and 'spider' like movements are still a mystery to me... especially the spider part.  Part of me thinks that this is one of those little nuggets of Sasquatch lore that is told once and then begins showing up repeatedly because people think that it adds something to the story.  

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

Are you speaking of the belly crawl?

The spider-like description is sometimes used to describe the crawl, but sometimes there no mention of crawling...just spider-like movements.

People seem to have difficulty explaining it.  Whether that's because it's just so strange to see a bipedal mammal move like this or because they are just latching on to an interesting description that they previously heard and don't know what else to say, I don't know.  

Certain tropes seem to get popular and are then commonly adopted in witnesses' accounts.  The first time that I ever heard about spider-like movements was Wes Germers encounter.  Then, it seemed to start popping up periodically.  

You just keep hearing that same description.."it moved like a large spider", but no one seems to go into any greater detail.  

I imagine that it looks something like this.

• Thanks 1

So......Bigfoot is into interpretive dance, interesting! :lol:

Ive not read about spider movement personally but would most likely chalk it up to lore.   Aside from being bigger, stronger, and faster than humans I am going to hold to the idea that their bipedal movements won’t be too different from our own. 

Edited by Twist

2 hours ago, Twist said:

So......Bigfoot is into interpretive dance, interesting! :lol:

Ive not read about spider movement personally but would most likely chalk it up to lore.   Aside from being bigger, stronger, and faster than humans I am going to hold to the idea that their bipedal movements won’t be too different from our own. 

Yet, there's a biped in the video right above you performing those exact same movements...so obviously those spider like descriptions are not outside of the realm of possibility.  

But, I do agree with you that if may just be a part of the ever evolving Bigfoot lore.

I do see what the witnesses mean by it looking unnatural.  It looks strange enough when the woman in the video does it.  Now imagine a Sasquatch.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

And when playing hide-go-seek we have been known to spider walk/crawl behind low visual barriers. Lots of ways Humans move when not wanting be seen. Bipedaling tree to tree isn't the only thing we have in our stealth tool box. Sometimes there ARE no trees. What then? If Sasquatch is an opportunistic predator, then it has learned to do more than just walk or run.

BFF Patron

My first encounter the BF detected me and went into a crouch.     That worked because the trees in the area were smaller and could not hide standing up.    The ground cover had a lot of sward ferns about 3 feet tall and I found indication of disturbed ground that it had been laying nearly flat hiding behind the ferns.   .     It hit the ground with such force that I felt it in my feet over 20 yards away.     

A witness who reported an encounter at a Portland Hopsquatch event a few years ago was camping on a lake shore in Oregon and had his boat tied up near his camp.     He heard a noise in the night and went to investigate.    He interrupted a nearly mature juvenile looking through the contents in the boat.    When the BF saw the human, it leaped from the boat and when scurrying away on all 4s along the lake shore.    The witness says the BF moved faster on all 4s that he could do running on two feet.    It stayed down for over 1/2 mile until out of sight.    I think they spend a lot of time down in a crouch when tree cover is not sufficient for bipedal travel.    As I recall the witness made some comment that the juvenile had a slight crab like movement rather than running like a dog or other 4 legged creature. The long arms might interfere with the legs without some sort of crab like motion.  

Edited by SWWASAS

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yet, there's a biped in the video right above you performing those exact same movements...so obviously those spider like descriptions are not outside of the realm of possibility.

I can pull video of people bent over backwards and “walking” or walking upside down on their hands.   Doesn’t make it a normal means of moving.  Just my opinion of course. 

25 minutes ago, Twist said:

I can pull video of people bent over backwards and “walking” or walking upside down on their hands.   Doesn’t make it a normal means of moving.  Just my opinion of course. 

Good point.

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

My first encounter the BF detected me and went into a crouch.     That worked because the trees in the area were smaller and could not hide standing up.    The ground cover had a lot of sward ferns about 3 feet tall and I found indication of disturbed ground that it had been laying nearly flat hiding behind the ferns.   .     It hit the ground with such force that I felt it in my feet over 20 yards away.     

A witness who reported an encounter at a Portland Hopsquatch event a few years ago was camping on a lake shore in Oregon and had his boat tied up near his camp.     He heard a noise in the night and went to investigate.    He interrupted a nearly mature juvenile looking through the contents in the boat.    When the BF saw the human, it leaped from the boat and when scurrying away on all 4s along the lake shore.    The witness says the BF moved faster on all 4s that he could do running on two feet.    It stayed down for over 1/2 mile until out of sight.    I think they spend a lot of time down in a crouch when tree cover is not sufficient for bipedal travel.    As I recall the witness made some comment that the juvenile had a slight crab like movement rather than running like a dog or other 4 legged creature. The long arms might interfere with the legs without some sort of crab like motion.  

So strange, especially at speed.

• 5 months later...

I recall reading a report about about some activity around an auto wrecking yard. I want to  say it was near a river maybe? 

At any rate, the owners supposedly saw an enormous bigfoot walking with a crushed vehicle under one arm. They had one of those machines that could crush cars into small cubes.

There's also the Lake Worth monster account. Many eyewitnesses saw the creature throw a wheel with tire on it approximately 300 feet.

BFF Patron
On 8/12/2020 at 6:23 PM, 7.62 said:

Could be what ever creature they saw moving like that wasn't a bigfoot .

The situation the witness described was that the boat was mored down over an embankment so the water level was about 4 feet below the top of the embankment.      When the witness got close, the BF stood up and they were face to face  at 15 or 20 feet with the BF illuminated with a flashlight.     I don't think the identification would be subject to much interpretation at that distance with illumination.       The report was made at a Portland Hopquatch event and not reported to BFRO or any other organization according to the witness.    I wish he had so it would be in writing and not subject to my memory as to the details.    There have to be hundreds of encounters like that not in any data base because the witness did not report them or like my case because the BFRO chose not to put them in the public data base.    

I know when one broke a tree off to scare me off,   the crack was so loud it sounded like a fairly large tree breaking off in a wind storm.     I should have gone back and found the tree break to see how big it was.    But at the time getting away was more important to me.     Reports of nearly  basket ball size boulders being thrown yards suggest something very powerful.     I tend not to believe some height reports over 10 feet tall but if they grow that big,  they have to be very powerful.     I just would rather not be face to face with a 10+ foot BF ever.  8 foot would be scary enough.   

Are you kidding, SWWASAS? Encountering a five ft. tall Chimpanzee would be worrisome enough if not outright dangerous or deadly- they're four times stronger than a Human. Now double that for a Sasquatch and it brings everything you said home.

16 hours ago, cromag said:

I recall reading a report about about some activity around an auto wrecking yard. I want to  say it was near a river maybe? 

At any rate, the owners supposedly saw an enormous bigfoot walking with a crushed vehicle under one arm. They had one of those machines that could crush cars into small cubes.

WOW!!!

Any thoughts on what a BF would want with a crushed car? Seems like a massive expense of energy for little reward.

Also...

What's going on with Daley Woodbeater (thread starter)??

Edited by Moonface