Opinion on this?

Rockape

42 minutes ago, norseman said:

380 miles from Dawson creek to the Nahanni region.

Looking at the map, checking mileage and such, seems like he was about 100 miles south of that area.

11 minutes ago, Rockape said:

A Bigfooter who's gone feral?

It almost looks like a mannequin upper torso painted green.

Thanks for sharing. There are feral humans in the forest 40 miles south of my home.

Of course this is Florida and the winter is very survivable.

I sure hope these are the tracks of some unknown primate and not children.

At 5:55 of Rockape's posted video, we see the foot impression in the mud. It seems odd to me unless I'm not seeing it correctly.  In the PGF, Patty's footprint was photographed and showed the classic mid-tarsal break.  I don't see that here.

I see the ball of the foot, and the depression it makes, toes, and even substrate matter squeezed between the toes. I also see a ridge but everything from the ridge to the heel is flat rather than having made a depression deeper than the ridge. I would expect to see a clear ridge in the center of the foot but a depression in the mud from the ridge to the heel. I don't see it.

Here is a link to a picture of Patty's mid-tarsal break:

https://capeia-usercontent.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2017/10/1508434960_39_2e71b.jpg

Moreover, if you look at the bear print in the video, which precedes the human footprint, you can see the ridge in the bear's print which indicates to me articulation. I don't see articulation in the human print.

43 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

And, like the prints @Madison5716and I have found, it seems unlikely to be an "intelligent" human track due to the fact there are fish hooks, broken glass and sharp metal trash around lakes. 

You must have never met redneck children like myself!😉

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, norseman said:

Lol

Well there's "redneck" and then there's just stupid. They are not always hand in hand, although there is some overlap.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Rockape said:

.......he said he is around 350 km (270 miles?) north of the town of Dawson's Creek in British Columbia on the Alaska Highway. Looking on the map it's seems very remote. If you watch the video you'll see he drove down a dirt road that ended rather quickly, then got out and walked into the bush for a good ways when he found those tracks. Just a very unlikely place for a young kid to be running around barefoot.

The area is as remote as it gets while still offering vehicular access. Quite literally, a significant population of feral humans or primitive human species in small family groups could live in the region, but without the knowledge of government? That would be a tall order.

But could/would government keep their existence secret? IMHO, yes, and yes.............

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

At 5:55 of Rockape's posted video, we see the foot impression in the mud. It seems odd to me unless I'm not seeing it correctly.  In the PGF, Patty's footprint was photographed and showed the classic mid-tarsal break.  I don't see that here.

I see the ball of the foot, and the depression it makes, toes, and even substrate matter squeezed between the toes. I also see a ridge but everything from the ridge to the heel is flat rather than having made a depression deeper than the ridge. I would expect to see a clear ridge in the center of the foot but a depression in the mud from the ridge to the heel. I don't see it.

Here is a link to a picture of Patty's mid-tarsal break:

https://capeia-usercontent.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2017/10/1508434960_39_2e71b.jpg

Moreover, if you look at the bear print in the video, which precedes the human footprint, you can see the ridge in the bear's print which indicates to me articulation. I don't see articulation in the human print.

Well, it seems obvious whatever made that print was running or jumping with all the weight on the front toes, the mid arch and heel barely made any impression with the toe area being much deeper, to me that shows some articulation. I tried to screenshot the print, let's see if it worked.

463634336_Screenshotfrom2020-12-1010-45-52.thumb.png.a9f90956b844607d658fdf6b14e9e4c1.png

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Oh, honey, we live in Oregon. There's rednecks and hippies who can redneck and hippie with the best of them out here! Plus an overabundance of meth heads who can't survive in society and linger on the edge. But they're not hunters or survivalists, they have to have access to busses so they can get food and social services. If any of them had children... well, they wouldn't be with them for long, they'd be in foster care. No one I know, and I know several social workers in the area well, would let "feral" people raise their children in the woods. The whole idea is not good.

I find the print intriguing, much less the location. Look at the toe splay. That's not typical even for young children. We have found little prints, too. We have found them several times. We hope to get out there SOMETIME soon and see if they are still around, and see if they've grown. I find this print interesting, and I'd lean towards squatch babies. It's actually more reasonable than assuming a young human child is running around in the woods 300 miles from nowhere, barefoot and unaccompanied.

I should make a bunch of comparison casts for you. As you probably know, I'm an assistant director at a preschool. When it warms up a bit, I bet I could get some of my 3 - 8 year old kids to step in mud so that I can cast it. Maybe I'll even let the school age kids do the mixing and pouring! They'd like that. That'll be my project. Then you can see what typical kids' feet look like and how casts turn out.

@NatFoot That's the creepiest dude I've ever almost not seen.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, norseman said:

Who or what is he?

Some dude showcasing natural camo. He's bound to get shot dicking around like that in the woods.

11 hours ago, norseman said:

It almost looks like a mannequin upper torso painted green.

It looks that way if you have the image quality of looking through the browser. If you have an account and the app, it's clearly not a mannequin (to me).