Opinion on this?

Rockape

6 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing. There are feral humans in the forest 40 miles south of my home.

Of course this is Florida and the winter is very survivable.

I sure hope these are the tracks of some unknown primate and not children.

I take it that you mean meth-billies and not actual 'raised by wolves' feral humans?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I take it that you mean meth-billies and not actual 'raised by wolves' feral humans?

Meth-billies is a very amusing term which I will now incorporate into my vocabulary.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I am familiar with the term.

It is my understanding that they are basically a cult group not raised by wolves.

That is one reason for my concern about the small human like foot prints being from children.

Hopefully,as I said they are from something else and not children.

Perhaps small human adults.

From my perspective there are lots of them.

Of course small man apes would be great. If they exist.

I hope so.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

It is my understanding that they are basically a cult group not raised by wolves.

That is one reason for my concern about the small human like foot prints being from children.

I hope so.

I understand your sentiment. It’s noble. Poor kids walking around in the woods half naked, maybe hungry. Painful to think.

When I hear that bare foot prints were found where no human would go in the winter barefoot much less with boots on, I think back to a late season archery elk hunt my brother, a friend and I went on in the mid Coast Range in Oregon. 

We were following a heard of elk through a clearcut and fearing that we would not be silent enough, we left our boots behind and wore heavy wool socks in their place. By the time we had made it through the clearcut, our socks were worn out and we were barefooted. We followed them through the timber, across a road, into more timber, perhaps a mile's length, until they stopped to locate a bedding site. I arrowed one and my friend arrowed another. After a lengthy track job on each, my brother went back to get our boots and truck to get it closer to the downed elk, while I dressed mine and our friend dressed his. We shot and tracked them in a swampy area and our barefoot tracks were evident all over and Im sure we left a trackway from our boots to our downed elk.

When we got home, my feet were covered in blood and thorns. Adrenalin was high and awareness of trailing blackberries as well as other stickery things was not.

6 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I hope so.

From your perspective, every single one of us is a 'small human adult'.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, norseman said:

I understand your sentiment. It’s noble. Poor kids walking around in the woods half naked, maybe hungry. Painful to think.

That's what the other group that I mentioned believes is going on...

They believe that is some form of child abuse or cult programing going on with the child sized deep prints.  I honestly don't know what I think about that theory yet.  I guess that it is just as possible, but far more distasteful, than the possibility that it is Sasquatch activity.  

They have seen the larger bare prints as well, however they really didn't seem to have an answer for those and mainly focused on the smaller bare footprints.  I guess that Sasquatch is just as far outside of their comfort zone as weird woodland cults is out of mine.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I did find it curious that not much if anything about the larger prints. If their mind was already made up then your explanation is very likely.

Regarding the depth of prints, small or not, it may not be due to an individuals supposed weight, or even the substrate the prints are found in. It may be due to carrying something that adds weight to an individual. Like maybe a pack Human? Someone who is loaded down with items. Barefoot makes that even more disturbing to think about. If the prints are Sasquatches, the weight could be a carcass from a hunt, or something else. Carrying a sibling could work for either the Sasquatches or Humans. It would be curious to know if the trackways appear to be someone struggling under a load of some kind or if the prints, at whatever distance between them, look steady as they go.

Edited by hiflier

36 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Regarding the depth of prints, small or not, it may not be due to an individuals supposed weight, or even the substrate the prints are found in. It may be due to carrying something that adds weight to an individual. Like maybe a pack Human? Someone who is loaded down with items. Barefoot makes that even more disturbing to think about. If the prints are Sasquatches, the weight could be a carcass from a hunt, or something else. Carrying a sibling could work for either the Sasquatches or Humans. It would be curious to know if the trackways appear to be someone struggling under a load of some kind or if the prints, at whatever distance between them, look steady as they go.

Yeah.  That's the disturbing part. 

I have a larger foot than whatever made the smaller prints,so obviously I displace more pressure.  

However, in wet ground, with a pack on, I can't replicate the depth of these tracks by jumping and landing mostly on one heel.  With my pack on I am probably 265 or so.  

So, given the size of these small prints, whatever is making them is carrying a lot of weight in proportion to its size.  So, if these are kids... that's heartbreaking, very concerning, and abusive.  

IIRC, the Cherokee in the area talk about witches who weigh a great deal and leave deep footprints because they weigh more than a man.  These seem to be different stories than the footprints in stone that are attributed to Tsul Kalu, which is the Cherokee version of Sasquatch. So, they may have been finding these deep but relatively small prints before European settlers arrived.  

Or, that's just a story, and this other group is right that there is cult related systematic child abuse going on in wilderness areas scattered across the country.  Again, that doesn't explain the larger prints...but, there's no reason why there couldn't be different causes for the different sizes prints.

It's a weird kind of coincidence that this thread popped up when it did.  We just started finding traces of small prints again in this particular area, and just came into contact with this other group... almost by accident.  We have been kind of consumed with the small prints and then this thread appears.  

It's a very overused word nowadays, but such a strange synchronicity.

It would be so easy to hold a conclusion that some things aren't coincidence? You wouldn't believe half of the stuff that has gone on in my life in that regard. I started paying attention to such "coincidences" about 18 years ago. For me,  unbelievably closely related occurrences happened, and STILL happen in two's. Smaller, less meaningful things would pair up quickly, sometimes in minutes. Other larger matters could sometimes take days or longer but it never failed that the second shoe would drop leaving me dumbfounded. Haven't been able to understand why yet. At first I chalked it up to coincidence but the sheer number of events strongly says otherwise.

I know what you're experiencing is a bit (or a lot) unsettling but I would have to agree with you, this thread and where you are in your research might just mean something. Hang in there. Hope Jesse doesn't get too spooked over it. Or , more importantly, you. Whatever is going on has obviously found its way onto your plate. I also think that whatever you're crossing paths with out there may not stay unseen forever. What I can say is that whatever is leaving tracks out there may also be seeing yours. Be safe.

6 hours ago, hiflier said:

It would be curious to know if the trackways appear to be someone struggling under a load of some kind or if the prints, at whatever distance between them, look steady as they go.

I went frame by frame as he walked along there trying to see any other prints but all I see are bear and probably wolf/coyote tracks, a few smaller critters. Just one, out of place small barefoot print, looks like there would be other human prints but I saw none.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rockape said:

I went frame by frame as he walked along there trying to see any other prints but all I see are bear and probably wolf/coyote tracks, a few smaller critters. Just one, out of place small barefoot print, looks like there would be other human prints but I saw none.

It could have been a lone wet spot? As the mud dried it didn’t take many prints but that one? Hard to imagine someone hoaxing tiny human prints in the middle of nowhere.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

It could have been a lone wet spot? As the mud dried it didn’t take many prints but that one? Hard to imagine someone hoaxing tiny human prints in the middle of nowhere.

Well, I don't think it was hoaxed, I just thought I might see more if it were something like a family had stopped there and walked in like he did. It's just the one small print though and it's not following the trail but crossing it.