Are Bigfoot Conspiracies International?

Believer57

Hi,

I am looking to understand some of the reasons that Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti/Orang Pendek, you name it, may have been kept hidden for reasons beyond their own skill sets. In North America, we tend to lean on theories that focus on loss of revenue or altering the theory of evolution or even religious-based conflicts. We also understand that there are "more Chiefs than Indians" in our quest for discovery. Certainly, there have been numerous reports of these creatures in any continent. I read stories and see videos of the killing of Giants throughout history, including our own in North America. The book of Genesis mentions, "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward".

Given these few examples, how would we apply them to other countries?

For example, @norsemannorsman's thread on David Attenborough thinking that there may be something to the Yeti. Why would Sir Attenborough suddenly proclaim this at the end of his long career? Does anyone think that the plush jungles in the Napal valley are at risk with this discovery? Is it the improvement in technology over 50 years that has slowly produced evidence? Similarly, Gareth Patterson (National Geographic) has recently written a book called, "Beyond the Secret Elephants" which reveals a relict hominoid known to the indigenous forest people as the Otang. He has been doing research since the "Born Free" days. 

Another example is the search for the Orang Pendek and other smaller versions of this creature in Asia. I have seen programs of various people searching for them but don't see the same focus on loss of revenue in the tropical forests. Is it simply the creature's skill sets that keep them safe?

For my last example, I look to Russia or the larger old U.S.S.R. (yeah I'm old). What conspiracies, if any, would we apply here? I have seen BFRO reports that claim hoaxes based on their being no previous reports of the creature in Russia. Really?

Please post your thoughts... 

Cheers!

Oh, alright :) My first thought was if a relict hominin was discovered living ANYWHERE on the planet in the last fifty years, and scientifically recognized, it would open up the greater possibility of Patty being real. And I think we all know what that could've meant for discovery here. After all, I don't think for one minute that the scientific egos in America would stand be and be bested by some other government getting the relict hominin limelight. Environmentally speaking, it could be a very different world today if that was true. 

And that's my two rocks lobbed into the camp. Who's next?

Edited by hiflier

18 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And that's my two rocks lobbed into the camp. Who's next?

Underhand, I suppose too.

It almost seems like other countries are becoming poised for that possibility. You know, first throw out the possibility of a relic hominin existence and then follow it up with scientific facts. When big names like Attenborough and Patterson reveal it on different continents, it makes you wonder.

Yep, them and others. I guess what puzzles me is the public emphasis on the Yeti, aka Abominable Snowman, and the scientific push for discovery these past few years. Why can't we get that in North America? I mean, there's been some but I've not heard of a NatGeo sponsored DNA team here like those expeditions in Nepal.

What if discovery is going to be allowed elsewhere while our beloved Bigfoot gets continually mocked and marginalized against reasonable scientific pursuit. All I ask for is a publicly informed, REASONABLY serious, scientific investigation using the modern tools that we now have. It's like I've said before, outfits and institutions have been running DNA sampling in all kinds of environments, and for all kinds of reasons, for years. And the technology has only gotten better. All anyone them would have to do, since they're out there already, is piggyback taking samples containing protocols for various primates. I mean, what's the big deal, RIGHT? ;)

It's like that Rep in Oklahoma. He'd rather get all legal about trapping one, but where's the bill calling for funding to support a DNA program to see if the thing is really out there. It's a joke. And it will continue to be so unless someone can reach science somehow to get it involved.

Edited by hiflier

I kind of feel like if there was another race of possible humans (we really don't know what they are, aside from having some kind of human dna) living in our national parks and or wilderness that don't pay taxes or abide by our laws that the government can't control would probably bring mass hysteria. Like if they don't have to pay taxes why should we pay taxes to live, the government wants to control us so they do whatever it takes to cover up the idea of them being real. I'm pretty confident they have come across bodies before but they get put in a closet and told it wasn't real. I kind of feel like this is more of a US thing but we hear so many stories where these things were killed all over the world and the bodies disappear, never to be heard of again.

It took nearly 70 years for the military to admit to aliens being real flying around messing with jets in our skies. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be too much longer before the cat is out of the bag on the big guy. 

I read somewhere they found giant skeletons on some island in Canada but I never heard more than that it's like they were found the bones and it doesn't fit the narrative so they put it in some closet and locked it away. I actually found some more videos on youtube about giant skeletons found all around the world but that's as far is it goes they just either disappear or get put somewhere no one will ask questions about.

It would seem that this has been going on since before the Europeans arrived in North America so it's not a stretch to believe that it has been going on for thousands of years. I agree that all the documentation or evidence on giants in North America seems to have abruptly ended or faded away.

So what is different today? Perhaps it is the Internet that has allowed us to share stories and communicate with others that we would never have done before. Steve Isdahl's, "The Facts by How to Hunt" channel is a good testament to that. It allows people to share their story without being judged. The stories and testimonies seem endless!

For me, when I have hit the proverbial "brick wall" on things in my life, I have learned that it can be easier to just walk around it. If I apply this experience to the Bigfoot/Sasquatch conspiracies in North America, where might I walk to internationally?

Edited by Believer57

SSR Team

It's a big world out there no doubt.

Surely there's a ton of reports from Russia though no ?

RE SE Asia, they're happy hammering the Orangutan to virtual extinction due to palm oil $$ so i can't imagine an unidentified primate turning up would go down too well locally, and 'locally' in SE Asia is generally grossly corrupt don't forget.

What i will say for certain though and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone with half a brain, is that there are no unidentified primates in the UK, no matter what anyone tells you..;)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

What i will say for certain though and it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone with half a brain, is that there are no unidentified primates in the UK, no matter what anyone tells you..;)

Perhaps that is why they focus on the Yeti over there. hiflier had mentioned that he was puzzled by the emphasis on the Yeti. It also has the NIMBY appeal. I'll believe in it but Not In My BackYard!

• Haha 1

And I AM puzzled. Funding eight scientists to go to Bhutan, or Nepal? Add in the camera crew and all of the post editing and marketing of the documentary and one is looking at a pretty good chunk of change. This includes collecting DNA samples from snow by an expert in the methodology, and running the testing onsite while still in the field. Why not do this in the US, say, in the Dark Divide? Or around Harrison Hot Springs in BC?

The Yeti is just as undiscovered as our Sasquatch so why not? Sure, NatGeo has put out BF documentaries in North America but different technology, and better, is available now. Just do it!

Russia sounds to be more progressive on the bf topic, there's a good amount of scientist that believe or are willing to believe in the creature. Didn't some people send their DNA samples to a scientist in Russia vs sending it to someone in the states? I think I read that somewhere.

1 hour ago, Gambacha1311 said:

Russia sounds to be more progressive on the bf topic, there's a good amount of scientist that believe or are willing to believe in the creature. Didn't some people send their DNA samples to a scientist in Russia vs sending it to someone in the states? I think I read that somewhere.

Russia has the same stigma as north america for academic Bigfoot research. No one wants to get near it except Dmitri Bayanov (deceased) and Igor Burtsev, who is a fan favorite due to his personality. He appears everywhere, which is uncanny due to his age. He was even part of an unexpected paranormal experience on a field trip with a member on this forum.  Overall, Russia has not done much significant BF research (impacts) but there is plenty to read from Bayanov if it interests you.

I'm sure it will be mentioned that Burtsev collected dna samples on Zana's descendents, yada yada. No impacts. A generous minimal impact on bigfootery from Burtsev despite being a super nice fella. You can probably find him with the blueberry bagel lady from melba ketchum's team. They are buds.

Edited by Arvedis

Right on I'll do some research on him I'm pretty new to the bf community so I'm sure I don't know anything he has done.

On 1/26/2021 at 7:13 AM, Believer57 said:

Hi,

I am looking to understand some of the reasons that Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti/Orang Pendek, you name it, may have been kept hidden for reasons beyond their own skill sets. In North America, we tend to lean on theories that focus on loss of revenue or altering the theory of evolution or even religious-based conflicts. We also understand that there are "more Chiefs than Indians" in our quest for discovery. Certainly, there have been numerous reports of these creatures in any continent. I read stories and see videos of the killing of Giants throughout history, including our own in North America. The book of Genesis mentions, "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward".

Given these few examples, how would we apply them to other countries?

For example, @norsemannorsman's thread on David Attenborough thinking that there may be something to the Yeti. Why would Sir Attenborough suddenly proclaim this at the end of his long career? Does anyone think that the plush jungles in the Napal valley are at risk with this discovery? Is it the improvement in technology over 50 years that has slowly produced evidence? Similarly, Gareth Patterson (National Geographic) has recently written a book called, "Beyond the Secret Elephants" which reveals a relict hominoid known to the indigenous forest people as the Otang. He has been doing research since the "Born Free" days. 

Another example is the search for the Orang Pendek and other smaller versions of this creature in Asia. I have seen programs of various people searching for them but don't see the same focus on loss of revenue in the tropical forests. Is it simply the creature's skill sets that keep them safe?

For my last example, I look to Russia or the larger old U.S.S.R. (yeah I'm old). What conspiracies, if any, would we apply here? I have seen BFRO reports that claim hoaxes based on their being no previous reports of the creature in Russia. Really?

Please post your thoughts... 

Cheers!

I definitely think there is a scientific bias concerning ape men anywhere on the planet. I think as scientists get older and secure tenure? They then feel at ease in speaking their mind. Which is a tragedy. 

Take Homo Floresiensis aka the Hobbit. Science has tried to beat back the significance of the find. They claimed for a long time that it was just some deformed Homo Sapien. And they have attacked the very very recent dating of the fossils. Why? Because of rigorous scientific method? I think it goes beyond that. In many ways it’s like a cult. And if you question the cult narrative your treated like a heretic to be burned at the stake. Lives, careers and marriages are ruined.

As of recent the scientific narrative is that Homo Sapiens left Africa around 80,000 to 100,000 years ago. They wiped out every other species of the genus Homo by 45,000 years ago. And entered the Americas roughly 12,000 to 14,000 years ago. I even remember when they denounced anyone that suggested that Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals interbred. 

The science of DNA has transformed the old bone hunters thoughts. Surely the fossil record represents .0001% of what was actually here and when. We still know very little.... and learn more everyday.

I don’t think governments have some vast conspiracy. Each country probably has its own reasons why the subject is taboo. Or less so. Palm plantation interests would probably rejoice at the thought of a bipedal terrestrial ape man that doesn’t need old growth jungle to survive. While in Russia, Australia or Canada the situation could be very different.

• Like 2