Is Anyone Feeling Closer To Sasquatch Discovery?

hiflier

4 minutes ago, Rockape said:

You asking people are they going to find Bigfoot soon

I ain't asking anything of the sort, Rockape, so why would you even bring it up? Attitude maybe? What I'm asking for are suggestions for moving forward on the subject. Got any?

I think scientists provide information of what they think or have discovered. As an individual trying to discover your part of your puzzle as you would say then you could use that information to decide for yourself to place it on whatever facet you decide to use it in. I know that sounds pretty confusing and complex but scientists and/or experts have been wrong before but the every day guy in the woods as a hunter as a hiker have been able to experience this phenomenon and reiterate it in such a way that others can learn from it as well. I believe that is the key to the phenomenon as a whole. That's just my opinion anyway.

Edited by xdivision
Spelling

13 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I ain't asking anything of the sort,

Good lord, it's the title of the thread.

Is Anyone Feeling Closer To Sasquatch Discovery?

14 minutes ago, hiflier said:

What I'm asking for are suggestions for moving forward on the subject. Got any?

Yeah, get out in the woods and look for one.

3 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

We currently have 1120 members here on BFF. If even a majority of us signed a petition to the scientific community asking them to investigate the subject that would at least get their attention. 

How do you propose we go about this? Perhaps a thread with an electronic docusign option that we can email? 

Cool, thank you WB, first positive thing that's come out of this. Odd that, don't ya think? I don't think a majority of any kind would even be necessary. The docusign idea is a good one actually. Some input from members about that could help some. But some care, or questions regarding it, might be in order first. At least it one step that could be broken down or looked into further. One thing I do know, though, whatever anyone does needs to be done with a critical, if not diplomatic eye.

In other words, I'd have to put myself in a scientist's seat, working away at whatever field I specialize in. One day I open up my emails and see this correspondence out of the blue from a bunch of people who offer a docusigned statement they support me and are requesting that I pursue the study of Bigfoot. What would that be like? Would it make me think a bit?

Could really use some more thoughts on this. It's good, it's positive, and it helps that you clearly understood the point being made. Really 'preciate that. Whaddaya think folks? Agree? Disagree? Other ideas?   

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Good lord, it's the title of the thread.

"Is Anyone Feeling Closer..."

Again, not asking, "So gonna find one soon?" If anyone asked me if I was gonna find one soon I'd laugh at them. Mainly because there's no answer for it. But there are folks feeling closer which is quite a bit more ambiguous.

I would really like to be able to focus on where this discussion is at right now. And you are welcome to join in (key words there).

19 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Yeah, get out in the woods and look for one.

Hey BFF community, got that? Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Ya see? This is why I'm here, to learn things I didn't think of or know about before. Amazing, what didn't you say so eight years ago when I first got here. Keeping the good stuff all to yourself I see.......now where was I.

4 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

I also am convinced the government's of both the United States and Canada know the creature exists. Which is all the more reason why collecting a type specimen is necessary. There will be nothing any government cover up could do at that point. 

They can take it away.

13 minutes ago, Huntster said:

They can take it away.

Which is why we would need to make the specimen public before they have a chance.  Meaning dumping the body on the desk of a major news network and have it aired live.

47 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Cool, thank you WB, first positive thing that's come out of this. Odd that, don't ya think? I don't think a majority of any kind would even be necessary. The docusign idea is a good one actually. Some input from members about that could help some. But some care, or questions regarding it, might be in order first. At least it one step that could be broken down or looked into further. One thing I do know, though, whatever anyone does needs to be done with a critical, if not diplomatic eye.

In other words, I'd have to put myself in a scientist's seat, working away at whatever field I specialize in. One day I open up my emails and see this correspondence out of the blue from a bunch of people who offer a docusigned statement they support me and are requesting that I pursue the study of Bigfoot. What would that be like? Would it make me think a bit?

Could really use some more thoughts on this. It's good, it's positive, and it helps that you clearly understood the point being made. Really 'preciate that. Whaddaya think folks? Agree? Disagree? Other ideas?   

I am all for it.  One of us could post the thread some time this month perhaps.  I am sure many members of BFF would sign such a document. We could even send it to multiple scientists and see which one seems the most enthusiastic. 

Why prove the existence of Sasquatch to anyone? Especially to big government. Government already has proof. They actually have specimens. It's all about money and what it would do to religion if these things were made public. And they'd be hunted down and killed for absolutely no reason but fame. If anything I think these beings need protection from us.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Huntster said:

They can take it away.

They can easily take it away...and then trot out a gorilla carcass along with a story about how an ape escaped an illegal private collection and was mistaken for a Bigfoot. 

The government completely controls the press. No one would question their story without being called a conspiracy theorist or a nut job. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I would really like to be able to focus on where this discussion is at right now.

You don't seem to mind derailing other folks threads, like you did here.

49 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Ya see?

All you ever do is stamp your feet and demand Bigfoot be discovered and accuse others of having ulterior motives. I don't recall you ever doing so much as post an interesting photo or video.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

dumping the body on the desk of a major news network and have it aired live.

No, that's the last thing you do, after you have chopped several hunks off of it, hid some very well and sent some to people like Jeff Meldrum, Disotell and some University labs. Just remember it really only takes a small amount for DNA testing.

6 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

I am all for it.  One of us could post the thread some time this month perhaps.  I am sure many members of BFF would sign such a document. We could even send it to multiple scientists and see which one seems the most enthusiastic. 

Not sure about the "many members" but there could be some. Believe it or not there's quite a bit of fear about raising one's hand up or sticking their head above the radar so to speak. Hard to say when it comes to such things. Ten years ago or so, back when I was on an UFO Forum the general level of fear there was off the scale. The risk is jumping the gun, either out of frustration or enthusiasm, and not thinking things through. For instance, it's easy to say hey, just send whatever to a bunch of scientists but it would be in anyone's best interest if scientists who are on a "certain page" could be found first. It'll take a bit of looking around and so some suggestions on which scientist or scientists would more than likely be beneficial. Someone already interested in BF would be the ideal, of course. That alone could end up to be a process in and of itself but the trade off would be worth it.

I guess I'm saying, tossing out a blanket, boilerplate statement in good faith may never find the right ears. I would put in the time and effort if there were perhaps some candidates out there that have already been linked, even mildly, to the subject. So job one would probably need to be that kind of research while drafting the "article". And then too, what might anyone offer in return? There should probably be something though I couldn't tell you what that might be. Bigfooters are the wealthiest of crowds but I think offering perhaps our knowledge? Data that only we may have? It's okay to say, hey, lets get something going. But having the restraint to think things through will keep anyone from embarrassing themselves or any future science person they/we may correspond with. Sure, overtly creating a plan and such is fine, but ultimately things may have to be played a bit more discreetly? Because reputations on both sides of any emails are very important to preserve.

There would be lot of ways to potentially screw this up. And if that happened it would be more or less permanent, can't let that happen no matter what. For that reason it probably wouldn't be wise to be seen as mouthpieces for the BFF. Meaning it should be a private affair? Because it would be the BFF's reputation at stake and I will never in a million years risk that nor would I place the Forum or its hierarchy in jeopardy for any reason whatsoever.     

48 minutes ago, Rockape said:

You don't seem to mind derailing other folks threads, like you did here.

And I apologized, because I DO mind. It bothers me as much as anyone else, especially when I'm the guilty party. Are you done? Happy now? I have plenty of videos and photos but I just don't have that ol' Bigfoot luck that others here seem to have, so most of my stuff is pretty boring really. I don't think folks care to see another deer on a trail cam, or a frozen lake, or another Moose or coyote print do you? Honestly, if I get something I'll post it. But I'm not going to post images or videos every chance I get. I have much bigger fish to fry. The stamping feet comment. Why are you so intent on belittling me in front of the Forum, Rockape? And you wonder what I think there's an agenda?

I'm trying to have, or figure out, ways for accomplishing BF discovery ever since I've been here. Nothing has changed in that regard. Isn't that the point of what most are trying to do? By going into the field? Posting footprints? By threatening to shoot one? However, I get tired of seeing the same people show up on a thread (like this one) to chop my head off when I (perhaps wrongly?) assume that those same people also would like to have BF discovery happen? This pushback always comes from the same folks en masse, as a team, so why shouldn't I wonder about it. The BFF is a discussion Forum. I get that. But discussion about ways to move ahead is just that- discussion. And if you haven't anything to offer to the discussion (I've have invited you several times) right now then maybe something will come to you later. If so come back and have at it. You'd be more than welcome, without the attitude of course. It would be better if you didn't bring that along.

Edited by hiflier

14 minutes ago, hiflier said:

This pushback always comes from the same folks en masse, as a team, so why shouldn't I wonder about it.

See, there you go, making paranoid accusations about people. All I did was make an obvious joking post...

Yep, found him. Ain't showing you though. However, I will send you some Bigfoot poo if you want.

And you go on the attack accusing a bunch of people of being after you.

Wow, cool, you're the second Steering Committee member to help dilute/divert the discussion. Actually the third but Norseman was at least civil And does help out. In that other thread you same three showed up and it became a fiasco. A forth SC member BCwitness, came on but the man got high marks for being a gentleman, and had good gentlemanly things to say.

I asked once, and I'll ask again, what's the heck's going on around here? The pattern is obvious so why done all of you just come right out and say what's on your minds? If you don't wish the BFF to gt anywhere or stand up for itself in the world, since it IS the biggest and best Bigfoot Forum IN the world, then just say so. Otherwise bring something positive to the table and cease the ol' stumbling block routine. It's getting pretty old and obvious by now.

The passive aggressive act doesn't work with me. You go at me hard then feign innocence because you don't like what you got. Go ahead with your useless thread here, I'll bow out. We'll see how many Bigfeet you have accumulated at the end of it.