Is Anyone Feeling Closer To Sasquatch Discovery?

hiflier

It would be better if science collected the Bigfoot. Less messy in all categories. That's the goal anyway and the reason for asking for suggestions on ways to possibly accomplish that.

32 minutes ago, hiflier said:

It would be better if science collected the Bigfoot.

I have to agree with that. However, I think the civilian field researcher or civilian scientist can help be a catalyst by providing evidence to promote better funding for science to enter the world of Bigfoot discovery. It has also been shown that BF organizations or groups have made significant progress toward the discovery or likeliness that the creature does exist. Recently, there have been videos and podcasts that reveal information about DNA sampling and other discoveries that have not been widely broadcast. I would seem to me that not all BF organizations are transparent and I can't fault them for that.

A few things that help us move closer to Sasquatch discovery were mentioned recently by Dr. Meldrum in the "Bigfoot and Beyond" podcast. One was the improved drone capability with thermal imaging and mapping capabilities. Another was in using eDNA to break the roadblock of hair sample DNA. I think technology is on our side.

Thanks for the input B-57, you're right of course. My thinking is there is enough now for scientists to run with so why not get them on board if we can? Sooner rather than late would be best. Since Wooley Booger came up with what could very well be the only good suggestion so far would this be a good time to find out who might be willing to sign on? I would definitely be one to do so while working on avenues/scientists to approach. Might be a months long summer project but it may take that long iron out a careful program either on or off the BFF, although having the blessing and encouragement of the BFF and its members would be important even if not directly involved. I could see keeping the BFF separate as a better option that most may agree with.

4 hours ago, Believer57 said:

...a few things that help us move closer to Sasquatch discovery were.... improved drone capability with thermal imaging and mapping capabilities... I think technology is on our side.

This implies a falcon protect 2.0. Is there anyone working on such a project? Maybe a good place to start is if thermal really is the way to go, considering the risks of drone flight, weather, control and visibility at night.

Edited by Arvedis

One thing desperately needs to be said, however.  In order to facilitate discovery and species recognition the Bigfoot community needs to set aside its differences and come together.  In a research community as large as ours it is inevitable that there are going to be different perspectives on the subject.  Pro Kill vs No Kill, Ape hypothesis vs Hominid hypothesis, which type of evidence is helpful and which is useless, interpretations over certain types of evidence etc... The list could go on and on, but this petty infighting is getting us no where.  Instead, what we should do is recognize that while their are inevitably going to be differences, we ultimately all have the same goal, species discovery.  We are all Bigfoot researchers and enthusiasts.  

With this in mind, there are only two doctrines that I believe all rational Bigfoot researchers can and should agree upon.  1. That Bigfoot is a real, flesh and blood creature from this planet (either ape or hominid), paranormal beliefs and their proponents should be rightfully excluded from our community, as they only serve to discredit an already controversial subject and make it all the more difficult for responsible researchers to be taken seriously, and 2. That hoaxing and hoaxers shall not be tolerated and known hoaxers should be openly denounced and ostracized from the community.  

Other than those two essential doctrines their, or should be, much room for differences in opinion and research methodology.  If the Bigfoot community sets aside its minor differences, because really those differences are minor in the wider scheme of things, than we will be much more prepared to achieve our ultimate goal.  Species discovery and scientific classification.

I apologize in advance for the rant.  Just my two cents.  

Edited by Wooly Booger
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

One thing desperately needs to be said, however.  In order to facilitate discovery and species recognition the Bigfoot community needs to set aside its differences and come together.  In a research community as large as ours it is inevitable that there are going to be different perspectives on the subject.  Pro Kill vs No Kill, Ape hypothesis vs Hominid hypothesis, which type of evidence is helpful and which is useless, interpretations over certain types of evidence etc... The list could go on and on, but this petty infighting is getting us no where.  Instead, what we should do is recognize that while their are inevitably going to be differences, we ultimately all have the same goal, species discovery.  We are all Bigfoot researchers and enthusiasts.  

With this in mind, there are only two doctrines that I believe all rational Bigfoot researchers can and should agree upon.  1. That Bigfoot is a real, flesh and blood creature from this planet (either ape or hominid), paranormal beliefs and their proponents should be rightfully excluded from our community, as they only serve to discredit an already controversial subject and make it all the more difficult for responsible researchers to be taken seriously, and 2. That hoaxing and hoaxers shall not be tolerated and known hoaxers should be openly denounced and ostracized from the community.  

Other than those two essential doctrines their, or should be, much room for differences in opinion and research methodology.  If the Bigfoot community sets aside its minor differences, because really those differences are minor in the wider scheme of things, than we will be much more prepared to achieve our ultimate goal.  Species discovery and scientific classification.

I apologize in advance for the rant.  Just my two cents.  

You seem like a great person, but there is a-lot wrong with your statement.

First and foremost? Many researchers are NOT trying to prove the creatures existence!

Secondly? We already have ZERO credibility with science. Just with the foot cast, PGF crowd.... Let alone the portal woo crowd.

Lastly? 99% of the the BF crowd are anti kill. The mindset is that the weight of reports and trace evidence will slowly destroy the bias of the scientific community. More foot casts, more audio, more reports. The PGF is what? 50 plus years old!

Science has never wavered on it requiring physical evidence!!!

So? We as a community can either accept that and take it on as our goal? Or we continue casting foot casts and recording whoops in the night. And then bitching about why science wont accept our evidence!

How many of us are working with a genetic lab? Scientists on speed dial? Biologists? Anthropologists? 

How many of us own a rifle, a knife and a 4x4?

Leave the ultra whiz bang sciency stuff to the scientists. Most of us dont even truly understand what we are talking about when it comes to genetics!

How was the Bili ape discovered? Through the bush meat trade!

Yes call it pitchforks and torches if you like? Its the reality of the situation. If your goal is to discover a new species of primate in north America.

If you have helicopters, and net cannons and an army of geneticists at your beck and call? Then obviously you have more options on your plate than the layman Bigfooter....

So I guess we can just continue to act cool and tiptoe around the issue while using cool sounding words?

Or we can hit the woods and roll up our shirt sleeves and prepare to get dirty.

I know which i prefer...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

You seem like a great person, but there is a-lot wrong with your statement.

First and foremost? Many researchers are NOT trying to prove the creatures existence!

Secondly? We already have ZERO credibility with science. Just with the foot cast, PGF crowd.... Let alone the portal woo crowd.

Lastly? 99% of the the BF crowd are anti kill. The mindset is that the weight of reports and trace evidence will slowly destroy the bias of the scientific community. More foot casts, more audio, more reports. The PGF is what? 50 plus years old!

Science has never wavered on it requiring physical evidence!!!

So? We as a community can either accept that and take it on as our goal? Or we continue casting foot casts and recording whoops in the night. And then bitching about why science wont accept our evidence!

How many of us are working with a genetic lab? Scientists on speed dial? Biologists? Anthropologists? 

How many of us own a rifle, a knife and a 4x4?

Leave the ultra whiz bang sciency stuff to the scientists. Most of us dont even truly understand what we are talking about when it comes to genetics!

How was the Bili ape discovered? Through the bush meat trade!

Yes call it pitchforks and torches if you like? Its the reality of the situation. If your goal is to discover a new species of primate in north America.

If you have helicopters, and net cannons and an army of geneticists at your beck and call? Then obviously you have more options on your plate than the layman Bigfooter....

So I guess we can just continue to act cool and tiptoe around the issue while using cool sounding words?

Or we can hit the woods and roll up our shirt sleeves and prepare to get dirty.

I know which i prefer...

After years of taking a No Kill position, I have reluctantly concluded that taking a type specimen is the only way to prove the creature's existence.  Taking a type specimen will likely take a lot of time, effort, and perseverance especially considering how elusive and intelligent the species is.  We already know the animal's habitat, the Pacific Northwest from Northern California to Southern Alaska.  There probably are other, much smaller and more isolated populations in the American South and an even smaller population in the Eastern United States.  But the Pacific Northwest is where the vast majority of credible reports come, and has the most suitable habitat in North America for a large, unclassified primate, so that is where we need to concentrate our search.  At least in my opinion.  As I stated before a few pages back, the best way, in my opinion, to take a type specimen is with a large, dedicated, well-equipped and well-trained group of researchers divided into many smaller teams spending months at a time in prime Sasquatch habitat and continuing the search until a specimen is taken.  Looking for trackways would be the first step.  If we could find structure and remain in place in that area until one shows up, even better.  The problem is, we are likely dealing with a highly intelligent apex predator.  It will likely know when humans, even well-trained researchers and survivalists, are in the area before we have any idea of their presence.  This is why, as I said, a lot of time, effort, and perseverance is needed.  Not to mention a lot of money.  If such a group could be properly organized, then it is very likely a specimen will be taken.  But it would likely take several months.

Edited by Wooly Booger
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ever think there could be a reason for that situation? It's called "no one makes the effort".

Most of us dont even truly understand what we are talking about when it comes to genetics!

There's a reason for that, too.

No one is tiptoeing around anything. Why do you always take things to the extreme? As far as I know, you have been mentally pulling the trigger on this creature for the nearly nine years that I've know you. NAWAC? a dozen or more. And there's a lot more folks out there gunning for the thing on top of that. How's that working for everyone?

Your "suggestion" to just grass one was noted on this thread pages ago. So we know okay? EVERYONE knows. Let it go, Go find a geneticist and a lab and educate yourself. I'm being harsh because you didn't have one good piece of considerate discussion with Wooley Booger. He's got 135 posts, you've got over 16,000 and are on the Steering Committe but somehow felt the need to slap him down? Haven't you learned anything?

You seem like a great person....

And from then on it went downhill fast. One pseudo compliment and what? That was good enough to unload? I do need to say this, though, leaving the "sciency" stuff to the scientists is essentially saying shut them out. It's a Dark Ages approach and it's difficult to believe that with the years that I have on you age-wise that I am more mentally flexible and open minded than you. So, there re scientists on our side and you're saying not to tap them? This 2021 not 1830. I mean it's one thing to not accept science for yourself but I see spreading your selective anti-science mentality around the Forum as unproductive and stifling to progress on the BF subject.

EVERY tool we have should be used- INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO the bullet. You say you don't understand genetics, but it's valid. I don't understand rocket science either, but it's valid. I don't know how many grains to pack into a casing for whatever projectile but I know guns work. ALL the tools should to get deployed. This isn't a race, it's not competition, it using everything available. You're not for that? 

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 2

I hope this is a reasonable question but is there a place I could go and talk with those that have had experiences with these beings? The arguments here are from those that have no idea of what the experience does for you once you have had that experience. I'm not trying to be an ass clown but the arguments just continue to go to personal attacks and I for one to refuse to have those conversations.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, xdivision said:

is there a place I could go and talk with those that have had experiences with these beings?

If that is what you seek, ask and you shall find. Start a thread specifically for that reason.  That's not what this one is about.

13 minutes ago, xdivision said:

The arguments here are from those that have no idea of what the experience does for you once you have had that experience.

That's rather insulting. Plenty of people here have had encounters. I've never seen one, am doubtful they exist, but I did have something weird happen once when I was out in the woods and it has made me, though a skeptic, keep an open mind so yeah, we do know what it does to you.

I'm not trying to be an ass clown but the arguments just continue to go to personal attacks and I for one to refuse to have those conversations.

Nevermind us, some of us are just tired of hiflier always yelling about how Bigfoot hasn't been proven and no one is doing anything about it, at least not to hiflier's satisfaction.

Edited by Rockape
  • Upvote 1

Don't be insulted it's not meant that way. Again these are just words but the experience does change you and what you see is what you constantly want to find. The frivolous arguments over semantics, science belief systems or whatever gets really old hence the reason for my post. Not trying to be insulting or even entering the conversation just wishing a direction to a place where I can actually learn more. I already know how to tear people down with words.

Just now, xdivision said:

The frivolous arguments over semantics, science belief systems or whatever gets really old

I agree with that. It really serves no purpose unless it is to maybe address a specific issue and we really have separate sections for those discussions. I'm interested in seeing actual evidence, hearing reports of sightings, etc.

5 minutes ago, xdivision said:

Ok good copy

Actually, I'm not sure you can start a thread being a newbie. I think you have to get your post count up, not sure if that rule is still in p[lace. If that is the case and you have a question in mind to start a thread about, let me know and I will start one for you.

Just now, Rockape said:

I agree with that. It really serves no purpose unless it is to maybe address a specific issue and we really have separate sections for those discussions. I'm interested in seeing actual evidence, hearing reports of sightings, etc.

And for the record there's a lot of evidence out there. And it's not hard to find. We ALL started out as skeptics. Each and every experience affects each and every individual in it's own way. Maybe not try so hard. Let them come to you. They will show themselves on their accord. That's all I can tell you.😉

• Upvote 1