Are there any?

Somerset

1 minute ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I would try to track it down, but that would mean trying to rewatch every Bigfoot doc on Prime right now.  

I might try and look at the available ones tonight and see if it jumps out at me.  

The government would certainly have a number of motives for not wanting the public to be aware of the existence of upright bipedal primates.  Especially if the species is a potentially dangerous apex predator with near-human intelligence.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I might try and look at the available ones tonight and see if it jumps out at me.  

I remember that one too and I want to say that was on Finding Bigfoot.

6 minutes ago, norseman said:

Whatever frustration your dealing with? It will pass.

Oh good, can't wait until I can be complacent again ;) but I doubt it will happen. Hasn't yet. What few of you understand is that for me there is ALWAYS an edge regarding why we are still spinning our wheels. As in no monkey. Anyone else feel that? Okay, so you have a plan, others have their own individual plans. Heck, even I have a plan. And we've ALL kinda worked our respective plans. But in truth, doesn't anyone think that there could be something better than what we've been doing? Ad no one is really any better than anyone else. I know I'm not, so it doesn't comes down to the individual, but to the methodology. IMHO, there's something missing in that.

This thread is about videos. But everyone says videos aren't proof. Photos, footprints, stick structures, howls, tree knocks, eyeshine, strong odors, "bipedal sounds in the woods, feces, hair, reports......none of it is proof. Well then why bother with it if we all know none of it is proof. Then what is? Because that's what we should be going after. And now those who have said they don't want proof or that they've proven things for themselves and don't care about anyone else? The floor is open. But for those who think proof is the ultimate goal then only two things will suffice. Shoot one or get it's DNA.

All other discussions, while fun and interesting, do not move the needle one bit, as the last couple of decades have so obviously shown. So the question remains...who wants to see the needle move? Or are we just here forever? I mean it looks like we take Sasquatch seriously....but only to a point. And like Norseman says: prove me wrong.

• Downvote 1

On 4/5/2021 at 1:39 PM, Somerset said:

I remember one video taken from the balcony of a house beside a river, most day's BF would walk down to the riverbank opposite the  house, it was so regular a young boy would shout out a hello to the BF each time. The video was good quality. It appeared in the public domain for a very short time but disappeared quickly after a lot of discussion etc.    

• Thanks 2

Just now, Redbone said:

that's the kiddy, the original was just the raw footage with an accompanying bit of blurb from the family about it being nothing special if i remember correctly. Not long after it appeared on the old BFRO forum the family asked for everything to be deleted. 

Just now, Moonface said:

I wouldn't call that "good quality".

Better than 99% of the rubbish that's out there.

The whole package is interesting especially with the added info the family gave to whoever put it on the BFRO site. 

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Oh good, can't wait until I can be complacent again ;) but I doubt it will happen. Hasn't yet. What few of you understand is that for me there is ALWAYS an edge regarding why we are still spinning our wheels. As in no monkey. Anyone else feel that? Okay, so you have a plan, others have their own individual plans. Heck, even I have a plan. And we've ALL kinda worked our respective plans. But in truth, doesn't anyone think that there could be something better than what we've been doing? Ad no one is really any better than anyone else. I know I'm not, so it doesn't comes down to the individual, but to the methodology. IMHO, there's something missing in that.

This thread is about videos. But everyone says videos aren't proof. Photos, footprints, stick structures, howls, tree knocks, eyeshine, strong odors, "bipedal sounds in the woods, feces, hair, reports......none of it is proof. Well then why bother with it if we all know none of it is proof. Then what is? Because that's what we should be going after. And now those who have said they don't want proof or that they've proven things for themselves and don't care about anyone else? The floor is open. But for those who think proof is the ultimate goal then only two things will suffice. Shoot one or get it's DNA.

All other discussions, while fun and interesting, do not move the needle one bit, as the last couple of decades have so obviously shown. So the question remains...who wants to see the needle move? Or are we just here forever? I mean it looks like we take Sasquatch seriously....but only to a point. And like Norseman says: prove me wrong.

Feel better?

I think DNA isn't going to do it either. Its too close to human and too fanciful for scientists to take seriously. I would be happy to be wrong. They are gonna scratch the surface of your sample, its looking like a human so..... human. Maybe in the future as technology evolves....

Dump a body in their lap? Pretty hard to say its human.

How many people are willing to pull the trigger? Not many. 

So I guess we sit here and contemplate hidden videos that researchers wont share.

If your fired up about organization and common goals? Have you thought about the BFRO? Or some other group active in your area? Or start your own?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

I think I have a solution to your problem, but it might hurt, a little. You bend over, I'll grab the stick, and you then walk forward. Voila!

• Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

In my opinion, not being together yields the best results. We are all think tanks. We approach things differently and we view how we get to the end result differently. Do we want one think tank or one thousand think tanks? One mouse trap or the never-ending search for a better mouse trap.

In my opinion, the best result is achieved by a thousand think tanks working separately but sharing their methods and results.

Great post

2 hours ago, norseman said:

I think DNA isn't going to do it either. Its too close to human and too fanciful for scientists to take seriously.

Yes it will, because species closer than that have been identified. How close are our ancient ancestors? Not so close that a Denisovan or a Neanderthal gets confused with a Homo Sapien. And Sasquatch would be genetically further away. Nothing fanciful about that.

Maybe in the future as technology evolves....

Study it. It's the only way to know that it's already highly evolved.

How many people are willing to pull the trigger? Not many.

Less than are willing to take samples ;)

If your fired up about organization and common goals? Have you thought about the BFRO? Or some other group active in your area? Or start your own?

BFRO? Moneymaker? Seriously? There are no active groups in my area as they have all failed, and starting my own was also a failure. What? You don't think I've thought of such a thing? Besides I belong to the BFF, the BEST group is already here :) 

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I think I have a solution to your problem, but it might hurt, a little. You bend over, I'll grab the stick, and you then walk forward. Voila!

So much for maturity. Having some kinda issue there, Inc1? Then repeat after me: "I don't want to be part of the solution." There, that oughta make you feel better.

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

In my opinion, not being together yields the best results.

You must be joking. Have you checked in on what's on the slab lately? Or in the last 65 years? No? Well, take it from me, nothing is on the slab. And nothing is laying across anyone's hood. Obviously what you say "yields the best results" isn't yielding the best results. Unless, of course, "best results" actually means "no Bigfoot" :) 

This isn't a chastisement, it's a reality check. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, hiflier said:

You must be joking. Have you checked in on what's on the slab lately? Or in the last 65 years? No? Well, take it from me, nothing is on the slab. And nothing is laying across anyone's hood. Obviously what you say "yields the best results" isn't yielding the best results. Unless, of course, "best results" actually means "no Bigfoot" :) 

This isn't a chastisement, it's a reality check. Nothing more, nothing less.

The same reality check applies to DNA evidence.

😬