Justin Smeja Incident?

Wooly Booger

25 minutes ago, Huntster said:

There have been qualified biologists involved in sasquatchery. If one of them would endorse a permit application, it would close that denial avenue for the agencies.

But killing one before getting permission is literally begging for legal trouble, up to and including a potential murder charge. That's a risk most folks simply can't justify. Salmon fishing is much safer, and successful results are literally guaranteed.

The feds seem willing to admit that UFOs are flying circles around them, so I suppose you can try to apply for a permit to shoot a furry alien for them, but I suspect that might be as problematic as the offer to shoot a prehistoric hominid for them. 

And they are denounced as kooks. Just like they did with Astro physicists who were proponents of UFOs.

I understand bud. It’s always a risk.

And why they suddenly admit after 70 years of denial? Anyone’s guess.

Just a general statement I’m not singling anyone out.

We all want answers. We disagree about how to get them. No one is right or wrong.

Just stick with your gut and it will lead you to your strengths. If we all keep chipping away. Maybe there will be a break through. It may even come from left field.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Wooly Booger said:

Very interesting. Has the human population in the area increased since the 1980s? Or perhaps sub-urban sprawl? 

At my parents house, the town they are 4 miles away from increased from 9,000 in the late 70's to almost 16,000 at the last census and the country setting near and around my parents house with sporadic houses has increased by a lot. Probably no less than 50more houses. 

The hunting areas have only changed in that logged off places have grown from clearcut to reprod and harvestable fir trees. And the trees that were there have been clearcut, which, was going on all the time in the 70s through until now, so, nothing new and no more people in the woods there now than there was back then.

4 minutes ago, norseman said:

Just a general statement I’m not singling anyone out.

We all want answers. We disagree about how to get them. No one is right or wrong.

Just stick with your gut and it will lead you to your strengths. If we all keep chipping away. Maybe there will be a break through. It may even come from left field.

Exactly.

Some woods hippy trying to commune with one using crystals might stumble across a dead one out there one day.  Once a body is brought in and official recognition takes place, then the necessary resources could be brought to bear to answer all of our questions.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, norseman said:

Same can be said about grabbing a rifle and getting into the woods....it is what it is.

Indeed it is, Norseman. But millions do already do that, and they do it every year. Arkansas Hunting is a website Branco has been active on for years. Many hunters on his thread talk about Bigfoot. How many people do you think actually go knock on F&W's door every year asking for the truth about the species called Sasquatch though? Maybe a half dozen a year? Two dozen? It isn't millions, that's for sure.

Edited by hiflier

37 minutes ago, norseman said:

.......... If we all keep chipping away. Maybe there will be a break through. It may even come from left field.

Yeah, I'll keep catching salmon and wait for one of these mindspeakers to convince a sasquatch to surrender.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

Basically, Lapseritis was a charlatan who claimed to simultaneously have telepathic contact with Sasquatch and ET. 

I mentioned the honorable Dahinden's reaction to Lapseritis being allowed to present at a Bigfoot conference as an example of how the Bigfoot Community should deal with peddlers of woo infiltrating our ranks. 

"Our ranks?"  :sarcastic: 

I have no connection to the speaker who was interrupted and needlessly publicly embarrassed - nor a connection to mindspeak. The fact is though, anyone who heckles does not deserve praise. That paints Dahinden as arrogant and opinionated, regardless of who the speaker is. "Hey everyone, look, this guy's not one of us." How lame and infantile.  I would have been the guy removing him from the premises with him in a nasty headlock.

If you can't handle hearing alternate views, take the opportunity to find something else to do. Was it a misfire on the schedule?  Probably what are you gonna do. Life is imperfect. Dahinden-ites should have some respect for people, especially when you have nothing to show for your own efforts.

Dahinden was an amusing character sometimes, but far from a standout researcher. He's had nothing except for his mouth which serves to divide people's views, even today. 

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Indeed it is, Norseman. But millions do already do that, and they do it every year. Arkansas Hunting is a website Branco has been active on for years. Many hunters on his thread talk about Bigfoot. How many people do you think actually go knock on F&W's door every year asking for the truth about the species called Sasquatch though? Maybe a half dozen a year? Two dozen? It isn't millions, that's for sure.

Millions go DEER hunting each year. Most hunting stories I have heard that encounter Bigfoot is that the creature is too man like to shoot. So they don’t. Or in this case? Mr. Smeja doesn’t have the presence of mind to grab physical proof and hold on to it for dear life.

How many researchers here have SEEN Bigfoot with their own two eyes? A dozen or more? That’s a dozen type specimens if properly equipped! How many door knocks is the government going to need to gain a conscience and go transparent? How many TV shows? How many blogs? What did they quote Paulides in hard cash just to give him what he should already have as a journalist? 

Also, you must be somewhat happy that the Ohio DNR made a 5 part series on Bigfoot? I would say that someone is knocking on someone’s door? It’s not admitting they have six frozen bodies in DC of course.... (Joke, I don’t know they have frozen bodies)

I will relay this. When I called the US Fish and Wildlife down in Portland? They said they have jurisdiction on US Fish and Wildlife refuges. They have jurisdiction in importation and exportation of wild animals alive or dead. And they have jurisdiction over animals declared endangered. They DO NOT have jurisdiction over US Forest Service lands, National Parks or BLM. Each state makes its own laws concerning healthy known species even on Federal lands.

I.e. The Wolf has been taken off of the Federal endangered species list in the lower 48. Before that it was Federal legally protected. Idaho manages them as a game species to hunt. Washington protects them and it’s unlawful to shoot a Wolf within its borders. 

Where Bigfoot resides in this mess is anyone’s guess. As Huntster points out? There could be legal ramifications. Or you may well win a fellowship at the Royal society....

48 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Yeah, I'll keep catching salmon and wait for one of these mindspeakers to convince a sasquatch to surrender.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Envisioning you in a loin cloth Huntster has ruined my appetite fer at least 2 days.....

😉

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

Envisioning you in a loin cloth Huntster has ruined my appetite fer at least 2 days.....

😂

That's Ishi, the last Yanni who simply walked out of the wilderness in 1911 in northern California. The point was that we might even see the last sasquatch surrender one day. There's a lot of interest in The Last Neanderthal........

47 minutes ago, Huntster said:

😂

That's Ishi, the last Yanni who simply walked out of the wilderness in 1911 in northern California. The point was that we might even see the last sasquatch surrender one day. There's a lot of interest in The Last Neanderthal........

Yes! I just posted his feet in another thread. Amazing story! He taught Pope and Young how to bow hunt and modern archery was born.

I see your point now! Maybe!

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Or maybe for the portal travelling mind speakers to offer any sense of proof towards the wooish rabbit hole to nowhere

45 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

Or maybe for the portal travelling mind speakers to offer any sense of proof towards the wooish rabbit hole to nowhere

"Proof" is the realm of "science", and that means that those phenomena that can't be physically proven will remain in another realm. 

The Force is not with you.........😄

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, norseman said:

Millions go DEER hunting each year. Most hunting stories I have heard that encounter Bigfoot is that the creature is too man like to shoot. So they don’t. Or in this case? Mr. Smeja doesn’t have the presence of mind to grab physical proof and hold on to it for dear life.

How many researchers here have SEEN Bigfoot with their own two eyes? A dozen or more? That’s a dozen type specimens if properly equipped! How many door knocks is the government going to need to gain a conscience and go transparent? How many TV shows? How many blogs? What did they quote Paulides in hard cash just to give him what he should already have as a journalist? 

Also, you must be somewhat happy that the Ohio DNR made a 5 part series on Bigfoot? I would say that someone is knocking on someone’s door? It’s not admitting they have six frozen bodies in DC of course.... (Joke, I don’t know they have frozen bodies)

I will relay this. When I called the US Fish and Wildlife down in Portland? They said they have jurisdiction on US Fish and Wildlife refuges. They have jurisdiction in importation and exportation of wild animals alive or dead. And they have jurisdiction over animals declared endangered. They DO NOT have jurisdiction over US Forest Service lands, National Parks or BLM. Each state makes its own laws concerning healthy known species even on Federal lands.

I.e. The Wolf has been taken off of the Federal endangered species list in the lower 48. Before that it was Federal legally protected. Idaho manages them as a game species to hunt. Washington protects them and it’s unlawful to shoot a Wolf within its borders. 

Where Bigfoot resides in this mess is anyone’s guess. As Huntster points out? There could be legal ramifications. Or you may well win a fellowship at the Royal society....

Okay. We don't have to do anything. We can all just wait for someone to shoot one that looks too Human to shoot. Much easier

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Arvedis said:

"Our ranks?"  :sarcastic: 

I have no connection to the speaker who was interrupted and needlessly publicly embarrassed - nor a connection to mindspeak. The fact is though, anyone who heckles does not deserve praise. That paints Dahinden as arrogant and opinionated, regardless of who the speaker is. "Hey everyone, look, this guy's not one of us." How lame and infantile.  I would have been the guy removing him from the premises with him in a nasty headlock.

If you can't handle hearing alternate views, take the opportunity to find something else to do. Was it a misfire on the schedule?  Probably what are you gonna do. Life is imperfect. Dahinden-ites should have some respect for people, especially when you have nothing to show for your own efforts.

Dahinden was an amusing character sometimes, but far from a standout researcher. He's had nothing except for his mouth which serves to divide people's views, even today. 

Well said.  

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot