Justin Smeja Incident?

Wooly Booger

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Everybody is "for profit", and everybody disguises themselves as benevolently self-sacrificial for the masses. Your character assassination, as well as all your other recognizable argumentative drivel, is also something that everybody endures daily from the miserable propaganda drones we call "the media". You parrot their garbage because it's the natural thing to do to advance your meager position.

I almost never put people on ignore. I prefer to know what crap they're spreading because occasionally confronting them tend to moderate the damage they cause. You might be an exception. Nobody appears to be swayed by your irritating contributions. You seem to have a perfect score for disgusting everybody. 

The BFRO is clearly not perfect, and it might not even be described as ideal, but it has actually contributed to the phenomenon. You, on the other hand,...........

Not in the way they are, but hey to each their own. That said, by your own apparent logic, noone has contributed anything but conjecture til we have the body on a slab or a live one in a cage. Sue me for wanting to see some form of standard, not just the never ending circle jerk of people mulling over the same blurry photos etc, forever. I'll leave your constant need to talk about the "media" and "science" between you and your therapist.

Until you start removing the wheat from the chafe, you wont see any progress stuck in all the white noise.

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Huntster said:

The BFRO is clearly not perfect, and it might not even be described as ideal, but it has actually contributed to the phenomenon. You, on the other hand,...........

The BFRO narrative/bias seams to be that BF is a reclusive creature that should be respected but not feared as they pose no real threat to humans.  Not sure I buy in to it but understand why they take this position.

44 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

......by your own apparent logic, noone has contributed anything but conjecture til we have the body on a slab or a live one in a cage...........

As weak as testimony is, a body of testimony as large as the BFRO database is actually a bit more than "conjecture". If judge only on it's internet reporting and database collection, the BFRO is a huge success at this point in the phenomenon.

........Sue me for wanting to see some form of standard, not just the never ending circle jerk of people mulling over the same blurry photos etc, forever..........

Sue you? As if the courts could contribute anything other than bedlam to a field already suffering from a lack of leadership and authority? Well, may as well, because the vaunted Halls of Science sure aren't going to get involved until they get paid to (there's your "profit" problem again, no?).

.......I'll leave your constant need to talk about the "media" and "science" between you and your therapist........

Good idea, because if there's a field of science that has failed greater than biology and sasquatchery, it's psychology and mental health. We're quite literally tripping over the mentally I'll in every city and town in America, and the APA is too busy delisting mental illnesses to do anything about it. Talk about a profit problem? And what psychologist won't go crazy him or herself after talking with patients over a 25 year career, especially since they, too, are human?

Your attempt to insult me only helps illustrate your weak position and the extent of the "non-profit science" illusion you've created in your little mind.

.........Until you start removing the wheat from the chafe, you wont see any progress stuck in all the white noise.

Remove the BFRO and their database and the field will be back to multiple individual people and small groups collecting data and testimony regionally, which died with their independent "scientists", like it was in the latter half of the 20th Century. But, by all means, you are free to show the BFRO, me, and everybody else how to get it done right, however that might be in your eyes.

21 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

The BFRO narrative/bias seams to be that BF is a reclusive creature that should be respected but not feared as they pose no real threat to humans.  Not sure I buy in to it but understand why they take this position.

I buy into it almost completely. If these creatures were even half as evil as either black or grizzly bears, they would have been "discovered" long ago. In the premium section of this forum, in a thread titled "Only in Alaska", I've posted links to news media reposts of this years bear attacks, which is well under way. The media down in the states rarely offers a glimpse of just how many bear attacks there are up here, and frankly, the try to minimize the number of snakebites in order to try to keep people from killing venomous snakes. Everything in writing, speaking, and recording is all about manipulating the reader and gaining a profit doing so.

Sasquatches must be respected due to their sheer size and obvious strength, but they are clearly not out there hunting people on a regular basis. If you're armed and not afraid to shoot predatory animals, they appear to be much less a threat than a criminal.

2 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

First off, a member of my own group approached the Nawac to join them, and found them to a bunch of arrogant asshats. Decently funded and organized, but seemingly married to the pro kill narrative, suggesting, and I agree with this, they push a narrative of what the thing is, as do the BFRO and other groups. You ave the "big bad scarey bigfoot goona eat you" narrative of the Sasquatch Chronicles and others, the 411 narrative of Paulides. I find the Olympic Project a more interesting model myself.

Secondly, LEOs freakin lie ALL THE TIME, citing them as credible witness is utter nonsense. They are as subject to sensory failure as anyone else, and just look in a news sampling for a week, they lie all the **** time. They are NOT a model of credibility.

Neither is Matthew Johnson, neither is Meldrum.

The BFRO is a for profit venture disguised as a research group that pushes a narrative to keep people paying for guided camping trips, there, someone said it. Quantity doesnt make what they are SELLING quality.

We get it.  You don’t really like anyone or anything.  

“If you run into an …hole in the morning…”

NAWACs response to your team might be more of a testament to your crew as opposed to any failings on the personalities involved with NAWAC itself…especially if you are representative of your team.  

I can’t believe that they wouldn’t want to be associated with such a paragon of inquisitiveness, positivity, and open mindedness.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

We get it.  You don’t really like anyone or anything.  

“If you run into an …hole in the morning…”

NAWACs response to your team might be more of a testament to your crew as opposed to any failings on the personalities involved with NAWAC itself…especially if you are representative of your team.  

I can’t believe that they wouldn’t want to be associated with such a paragon of inquisitiveness, positivity, and open mindedness.  

He was actually a newbie, and was more than willing to work with them. They didn't feel the same and it happened prior to him joining a local group. I dont dislike everything, I just dont believe in everything.

16 minutes ago, Huntster said:

.......If these creatures were even half as evil as either black or grizzly bears, they would have been "discovered" long ago. In the premium section of this forum, in a thread titled "Only in Alaska", I've posted links to news media reposts of this years bear attacks, which is well under way. The media down in the states rarely offers a glimpse of just how many bear attacks there are up here, and frankly, the try to minimize the number of snakebites in order to try to keep people from killing venomous snakes........

Just because this story disturbs me so much........:

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2021/06/16/authorities-search-hiker-after-she-reported-being-charged-by-bears/

The Pioneer Ridge Trail is literally a binocular's view from my bedroom window. It has a long, well deserved reputation as being a great place to go if you want bear trouble. This story is familiarly building into yet another where the victim will either never be found, or she'll be found in pieces in a shallow grave dug by what will look like a bulldozer.

With "profit" in mind, selling "Bigfoot Spray" (nothing more than bear spray re-labeled with a squatch's pic on it) could be a great entry level business even now, and the day after vinchyfoot "discovers" sasquatches using "the scientific method", you'd be richer than Bill Gates. Even climate change scientists on Antarctica would order a case, "just in case"........

1 hour ago, vinchyfoot said:

He was actually a newbie, and was more than willing to work with them. They didn't feel the same and it happened prior to him joining a local group. I dont dislike everything, I just dont believe in everything.

You will find more egos in Bigfooters than about anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

I buy into it almost completely. If these creatures were even half as evil as either black or grizzly bears, they would have been "discovered" long ago. In the premium section of this forum, in a thread titled "Only in Alaska", I've posted links to news media reposts of this years bear attacks, which is well under way. The media down in the states rarely offers a glimpse of just how many bear attacks there are up here, and frankly, the try to minimize the number of snakebites in order to try to keep people from killing venomous snakes. Everything in writing, speaking, and recording is all about manipulating the reader and gaining a profit doing so.

Sasquatches must be respected due to their sheer size and obvious strength, but they are clearly not out there hunting people on a regular basis. If you're armed and not afraid to shoot predatory animals, they appear to be much less a threat than a criminal.

The Bauman account, Ape Canyon, etc. I certainly think they can be evil. But they also can be calculating and cunning. Unlike a Bear or a Cougar. I think much of the 411 similarities play well into the hands of a primate culprit. 

Don’t go out alone. Don’t go out with bright colors. Don’t go out right before a storm. Etc.

The biggest fear is the King Kong mindset. It may not want to eat you. It may want to KEEP you.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

The reason they remain "undiscovered" is almost certainly because there is a government cover up. And I believe the potential danger of these creatures has alot to do with that cover up. 

11 minutes ago, norseman said:

The Bauman account, Ape Canyon, etc. I certainly think they can be evil. But they also can be calculating and cunning. Unlike a Bear or a Cougar. I think much of the 411 similarities play well into the hands of a primate culprit. 

Don’t go out alone. Don’t go out with bright colors. Don’t go out right before a storm. Etc.

The biggest fear is the King Kong mindset. It may not want to eat you. It may want to KEEP you.

The woods-wife or monkey-spouse stories pop up in several different cultures.  

Look at the Missing 411 stories where someone vanished at just the right moment…either their party has momentarily lost sight of them or they have stepped behind a physical obstacle only to disappear.  Paulides calls this ‘the point of separation’.  

Definitely sounds like an opportunistic predator who is calculating, cunning, and capable.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

The woods-wife or monkey-spouse stories pop up in several different cultures.  

Look at the Missing 411 stories where someone vanished at just the right moment…either their party has momentarily lost sight of them or they have stepped behind a physical obstacle only to disappear.  Paulides calls this ‘the point of separation’.  

Definitely sounds like an opportunistic predator who is calculating, cunning, and capable.

Agreed. While Bigfoot certainly aren't complete blood thirsty monsters (no animals are), they certainly aren't our furry forest friends either. The prevailing idea in popular culture that Bigfoot the gentle vegetarian guardians of the forest is a myth perpetuated by Hollywood. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wooly Booger said:

Agreed. While Bigfoot certainly aren't complete blood thirsty monsters (no animals are), they certainly aren't our furry forest friends either. The prevailing idea in popular culture that Bigfoot the gentle vegetarian guardians of the forest is a myth perpetuated by Hollywood. 

Other than Harry and the Hendersons which is kind of old and not really part of social culture anymore except by dingbats on Facebook who didn't get the memo, what Hollywood versions of Bigfoot has it as a gentle vegetarian? I'm not even sure Harry was vegetarian it's been so long ago I saw it.

Edited by Arvedis

1 hour ago, norseman said:

The Bauman account, Ape Canyon, etc. I certainly think they can be evil.........

Both of those stories involved the sasquatches being shot at before they attempted to hurt the humans.

........But they also can be calculating and cunning. Unlike a Bear or a Cougar........

It's my experience that bears can be extremely cunning, sly, sneaky, and calculating. They are professional hunters, and they're good af it. My suspicion is that cougars are too, especially since I have yet to see one in the wild.

........The biggest fear is the King Kong mindset. It may not want to eat you. It may want to KEEP you.

You mean.......like Mrs. Huntster has kept me? Yeah, that prospect is terrifying!

1 hour ago, Wooly Booger said:

The reason they remain "undiscovered" is almost certainly because there is a government cover up.........

I strongly agree with you on that.

........And I believe the potential danger of these creatures has alot to do with that cover up. 

I think it has more to do with keeping sasquatches safer from mankind both physically and (most definitely) culturally. The only way these creatures remain wild and free is if the world doesn't know they exist.