Radio Interview with Albert Ostman

MikeZimmer

[having difficulty using previous quotes on mobile]

Any reports of adults being carried off by what they interpret to be a bear (or a Bigfoot)? With kids, I can think of 3 cases offhand and maybe more with some digging around.

Maybe in the cases of kids, the Bigfoot thinks it's being helpful. Then after some time they realize the kid needs to be returned. With adults, you only hear about being carried off in native legends which of course can't be verified. It would be interesting to hear about any adults not named Ostman who have experienced something similar.

Edited by Arvedis

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Also, the fact that they were armed is strange.  I recall reading that the Green Berets allowed a couple of local reporters take a few pics of them staging up to search and were unarmed in those pics.  They immediately afterwards armed up and separated their search from the locals entirely...separate communications, no more press, no one else was allowed in their grid, etc.  

I’ve read multiple different sources and saw pics of the SF that helped search.   Not armed in any pics or accounts I’ve come across.    

There were over 1400 ppl involved in the search, I believe to date it’s the largest search party gathered in the area.   I doubt they would continue to have all the other volunteers looking if SF were in the area armed and looking for a predator.   Seems the government would have taken complete control of the search and moved volunteers out.   

Harold Key the man that reported seeing an unkempt man running thru the woods five miles away from the area of disappearance did not report it for a few days after Dennis went missing.   Aside from that what would point to BF??? He stated it was a man, he believed he could be a moonshiner.  

There were prints found heading towards a creek then disappearing one shoed and one barefoot and possibly matching the shoes Dennis Martin was wearing.  

Its an interesting story but IMO, nothing points to Sasquatch without jumping to conclusions.  

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

[having difficulty using previous quotes on mobile]

Any reports of adults being carried off by what they interpret to be a bear (or a Bigfoot)? With kids, I can think of 3 cases offhand and maybe more with some digging around.

Maybe in the cases of kids, the Bigfoot thinks it's being helpful. Then after some time they realize the kid needs to be returned. With adults, you only hear about being carried off in native legends which of course can't be verified. It would be interesting to hear about any adults not named Ostman who have experienced something similar.

How about Muchalat Harry?

1 hour ago, Twist said:

I’ve read multiple different sources and saw pics of the SF that helped search.   Not armed in any pics or accounts I’ve come across.    

There were over 1400 ppl involved in the search, I believe to date it’s the largest search party gathered in the area.   I doubt they would continue to have all the other volunteers looking if SF were in the area armed and looking for a predator.   Seems the government would have taken complete control of the search and moved volunteers out.   

Harold Key the man that reported seeing an unkempt man running thru the woods five miles away from the area of disappearance did not report it for a few days after Dennis went missing.   Aside from that what would point to BF??? He stated it was a man, he believed he could be a moonshiner.  

There were prints found heading towards a creek then disappearing one shoed and one barefoot and possibly matching the shoes Dennis Martin was wearing.  

Its an interesting story but IMO, nothing points to Sasquatch without jumping to conclusions.  

That’s NOT the report I listened to. The Key family thought a bear was packing something over its shoulder and there was screaming.

This is like 3 miles away and very close to right after Dennis went missing.

How does the story go from a bear to a moonshiner? And how would a moonshiner pack a 10 year old kid that far and that fast? That’s 70-80 lbs of live weight that’s obviously fighting you.

And if Dennis just wandered off and died of exposure? 1500 searchers combing the area couldn’t find him?

Yah strange.

In relation to Ostmans encounters you could ask Meldrum what he saw. And he will tell you he hasn't seen a Sasquatch. He has seen something he can't explain but he doesn't call it a Sasquatch.

There are others that are infamous or famous in the "bigfoot" community that provide opinions but they've never seen a Sasquatch.

It really is up to the experience and how well or how an individual tells their story.

The skeptics are always waiting to tear the story apart with their knowledge having not had an encounter.

It's an interesting phenomena. 

44 minutes ago, norseman said:

That’s NOT the report I listened to. The Key family thought a bear was packing something over its shoulder and there was screaming.

This is like 3 miles away and very close to right after Dennis went missing.

How does the story go from a bear to a moonshiner? And how would a moonshiner pack a 10 year old kid that far and that fast? That’s 70-80 lbs of live weight that’s obviously fighting you.

And if Dennis just wandered off and died of exposure? 1500 searchers combing the area couldn’t find him?

Yah strange.

Multiple sources I’ve read have him quoted as hearing a scream and then commenting it was an unkempt man that was running and seemingly trying to avoid them.   He stated he believed it could be a moonshiner.

There were heavy rains that flooded the area the night he went missing.   His father didn’t make it to the ranger station to even report it till approx 8:30 if I recall. He could have easily fallen into water and drowned / went down river.   I’d say that is more reasonable than Sasquatch kidnapping him. 

21 minutes ago, Twist said:

Multiple sources I’ve read have him quoted as hearing a scream and then commenting it was an unkempt man that was running and seemingly trying to avoid them.   He stated he believed it could be a moonshiner.

There were heavy rains that flooded the area the night he went missing.   His father didn’t make it to the ranger station to even report it till approx 8:30 if I recall. He could have easily fallen into water and drowned / went down river.   I’d say that is more reasonable than Sasquatch kidnapping him. 

Well with Sasquatch unproven to science? You can play that any way you like right?

Since we are on a Bigfoot forum looking at abduction cases. I say the Dennis Martin case is a very good match. Something described as a bear packing something screaming over its shoulder in the same time frame 3 miles away? That’s a solid lead.

Which river system did he fall into and get swept away from Spence field? If the boy disappeared in Hells Canyon Idaho I would not have a problem with your reasoning. But from the topography it doesn’t look like anything up there is going to carry a 80 lbs body far. Not even after a rain storm. 1500 people SHOULD have found his body within the normal parameters of searching for a lost child.

737242C9-4D20-44F8-891B-44959ECAD284.png

I’ve not been there, just going by what I’ve read. I’ve also read as I referenced above that a pair of tracks were found near a creek/stream.  One foot shoed, one barefoot.  

“As darkness started to fall Saturday, so did a dangerous deluge of more than 2.5 inches of rain in one night.  Overnight lows were around 50 degrees.  All streams were high and turbulent.

"The storm was so vicious, the people there at the shelter had trouble even lighting a fire," said McCarter. "You have lightning and thunder and all of this rain, with people looking around the shelter and imagining what the little boy was going through. Where could he be?"

The family and rangers searched as much as they could in the immediate area throughout the stormy night and found nothing.  They asked people on every trail to Spence Field if they had seen the boy. Dennis was nowhere to be found”

"You have fog and rain with all the streams roaring. If a little boy is yelling, you probably can't hear it," said McCarter.  "The rain obliterated everything, I would say. It washed away a lot of clues and scent before the search even started."

Edited by Twist

6 hours ago, Wooly Booger said:

How about Muchalat Harry?

Here's one from Autumn Williams' book Enoch, p.159-60

"It was June of 1961, Warren Scott, a 37 year old Seattle man, was camping alone 30 miles northeast of Vancouver. Late at night, a Sasquatch kidnapped him and carried him 70 miles. During the journey, Scott was almost suffocated by the creature's vice like grip and uremic odor. Eventually, he was carried through a long tunnel and dumped in a cave.

Most of Scott's ordeal was spent in this hot, fire-lit enclosure.  The mother took care of him, bringing him greens and inedible chunks of meat. Scott later recalled he was treated as a pet. He endured good natured whacking on the rump and was watched intently when passing wastes, and he engaged in some rock rolling with the kids.

At night, father, mother and son Sasquatch would hold each other tightly for 10 minutes, and then drop off to sleep on bough beds."

Edited by Arvedis

14 minutes ago, Twist said:

I’ve not been there, just going by what I’ve read. I’ve also read as I referenced above that a pair of tracks were found near a creek/stream.  One foot shoed, one barefoot.  

“As darkness started to fall Saturday, so did a dangerous deluge of more than 2.5 inches of rain in one night.  Overnight lows were around 50 degrees.  All streams were high and turbulent.

"The storm was so vicious, the people there at the shelter had trouble even lighting a fire," said McCarter. "You have lightning and thunder and all of this rain, with people looking around the shelter and imagining what the little boy was going through. Where could he be?"

The family and rangers searched as much as they could in the immediate area throughout the stormy night and found nothing.  They asked people on every trail to Spence Field if they had seen the boy. Dennis was nowhere to be found”

"You have fog and rain with all the streams roaring. If a little boy is yelling, you probably can't hear it," said McCarter.  "The rain obliterated everything, I would say. It washed away a lot of clues and scent before the search even started."

Neither have I.  There is fast water down lower, like at Cades cove. When I was 10 - 11 years old I was in the woods every summer with a Ruger 10-22 and a army blanket. And I was hiking farther into the woods than Dennis Martin. I’m not tooting my own horn. I’m just trying to remember where I was at the same age.

Its hard to imagine that there isn’t skullduggery involved. His father asserts to this day he was stolen.

Dennis was only 7 years old and 55lbs. He was in special education courses at school.   He was most likely a little less robust than you may have been.    Once lost its easy to believe went the wrong way or holed up somewhere scared.  Factor in the storm and it’s most likely it was some horrible accident IMO.   When people get lost some decisions they make can seem irrational to those looking in from the outside, especially given the age of Dennis.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Twist said:

Dennis was only 7 years old and 55lbs. He was in special education courses at school.   He was most likely a little less robust than you may have been.    Once lost its easy to believe went the wrong way or holed up somewhere scared.  Factor in the storm and it’s most likely it was some horrible accident IMO.   When people get lost some decisions they make can seem irrational to those looking in from the outside, especially given the age of Dennis.

I thought he was older.

Anyhow I made my case about Bigfoot abductions. Back to the Ostman story....