Radio Interview with Albert Ostman

MikeZimmer

On 4/27/2021 at 9:04 AM, Moonface said:

It's not typical BF behaviour.

Any other accounts of kidnappings?

If you search through first nation's stories and legends, there are many a accounts of women and children being taken. Some tribes refer to sasquatch type creatures as children stealers and cannibals.

Of course, there are less modern accounts of kidnappings, especially adult men...

True or not... there are certainly historical reports of this type of activity.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 6:53 AM, Celtic Raider said:

he trouble I have with those reports are that there are virtually no reports of modern kidnapping, it seems like since the advent of modern technology it's only brief sightings in forest.

Maybe they've had decades or centuries to improve their techniques. Now, they have to be more stealthy and sneaky. A lot of people disappear in the woods every year that are never found. It's possible imho. I don't think it happens often, but only by bigfoots that are out of the ordinary - evil, insane, angry, super hungry or old that can't catch regular food on the hoof. 

There's a somewhat local report of a grey bigfoot that regularly dumpster dives that we have been meaning to check out, but it's a good 2 to 3 hour drive so we haven't yet. I think desperate or insane bigfoots might resort to abnormal behavior, just like humans. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Maybe they've had decades or centuries to improve their techniques. Now, they have to be more stealthy and sneaky. A lot of people disappear in the woods every year that are never found. It's possible imho. I don't think it happens often, but only by bigfoots that are out of the ordinary - evil, insane, angry, super hungry or old that can't catch regular food on the hoof. 

There's a somewhat local report of a grey bigfoot that regularly dumpster dives that we have been meaning to check out, but it's a good 2 to 3 hour drive so we haven't yet. I think desperate or insane bigfoots might resort to abnormal behavior, just like humans. 

While that seems perfectly logical to me, the idea of BF acting abnormally due to age, sickness etc.,  it makes me wonder why one of those causes has not led to a BF being captured/killed in a manner that leads to discovery.   Just a weird coincidence??  Not sure. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Twist said:

While that seems perfectly logical to me, the idea of BF acting abnormally due to age, sickness etc.,  it makes me wonder why one of those causes has not led to a BF being captured/killed in a manner that leads to discovery.   Just a weird coincidence??  Not sure. 

Good question.

Homo Naledi collected its dead and placed them in a cave. Maybe there are some caves in the PacNW that haven’t given up their secrets yet?

https://australian.museum/learn/science/human-evolution/homo-naledi/

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of volcanic lava tubes under all these PNW volcanoes. NorthWind and I have poked around in a few. I've hiked to the end of the Lava River Cave. HUGE inside in some places = way more interesting than I thought it was going to be. But any caves would have to be WAY off the beaten path, I'd imagine (especially since no one has found any such finds).

https://www.oregon.com/attractions/lava-river-cave

Admin
15 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

NorthWind and I have poked around in a few.

Be careful.

16 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

volcanic lava tubes under all these PNW volcanoes. NorthWind and I have poked around in a few.

Did you find any artesian wells in the area of the lava tubes?   High quality water for animals.

We went to a few he knew right off the highway, nothing deeper into the woods. No wells. Might be an interesting thing to explore more, but also a bit risky. Getting stuck in a cave a few miles from the truck in the middle of nowhere does not sound like my idea of a good time. But caves are something we look for, for sure! We found one once, in an icy, burned area, with a high heat signature in it. Could have been a bear or cougar, but we weren't inclined to get much closer to check!

Also, I'm LOVING the new badge down below. That's SO COOL!!! Thanks! :)

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Might be an interesting thing to explore more, but also a bit risky.

Caves and abandoned mines have a new threat this century. WNS, white nose syndrome in bats. The fungus has killed a lot of bats. Spread by bat--bat contact and humans with contaminated gear going cave to cave. Several cases have been found in Washington and I don't know about Oregon. Never go into an ice cave or abandoned mine due to structural matters. Bats are important and now we should avoid caves. WNS has not been found as an illness in humans.

I'd never be caught dead, much less alive, in a cave or mine shaft. Too claustrophobic. It may be a good opportunity lost but a person has to play to their strengths and avoid their weaknesses.

15 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Also, I'm LOVING the new badge down below. That's SO COOL!!! Thanks! :)

You and Northwind got the badge the old-fashioned way....you earned!!

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Thanks 1

I entered a lava tube 30 some years ago in Central Oregon that had an ice chamber in it. Ice was thick on the floor. But only in a small portion, no ice before it and no ice beyond it. I am way more claustrophobic now than I was then. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I re-read the Ostman story last night. And, my opinion has changed a bit. I now think he is 100% full of crap.

On 3/12/2022 at 8:23 PM, CelticKevin said:

I re-read the Ostman story last night. And, my opinion has changed a bit. I now think he is 100% full of crap.

I always thought his story was to wild to be true. It is however entertaining to tell kids around a campfire!

What I found somewhat odd was that it was the perfect sasquatch family. Husband, wife with two kids, a boy and a girl. Also why was the "old man" so far away from his home?

If Ostman was lying, then he sure was the luckiest guesser there is when it comes to BF. Or he spent a lot of time talking with the local natives to learn so much about BF.