Could It Be That Bigfoot Is Paranormal?

Guest para ape

Dear Para Ape.

I think, when we try to analyze these reports of high strangeness, we are not more in the field of the study of the Great Apes, but in the fortean [paranormal] phenomena. There are indeed, databases with tales of encounters with weird creatures, aliens and glowing eyes hairy bigfoots and strange lights in the sky...but, how to find evidence about all this? I mean, scientific evidence...

KA,

Don't count on para ape responding. He's been on a permanent vacation for some time now.

I understand your misgivings and even sympathize a bit, but the fact remains that the collective "we" who operate with the idea that bigfoot is a great ape are making an assumption as to the nature of BF, not working based on any scientifically proven facts.

Those of us who have not had a sighting of our own do not know anything at this point. Instead, we infer, based on the physical evidence and the accounts of others, known or unknown to us.That's not to say that there isn't evidence for bigfoot, but the scientific evidence you refer to is mighty scarce. I'm not comfortable disregarding a report solely because it contains details I might find too outre and prefer to follow Ray Crowe's advice when dealing with 'high strangeness' reports: "Have an open mind, but keep your skepticals on."

Yeah. It was an incident of "kill the messenger" & keep on beating him long after he's dead.

I respectfully disagree, Sasfooty. Several others, along with myself, gave para ape every chance to articulate his ideas and he failed to do so. He had a mantra he could not deviate from, and I believe (and I'll happily be corrected) that he was banned for repeatedly violating the R&G's, not for having different ideas about BF. I tried to engage him on some of his ideas, but he was incapable of dialog. The implication of your post is that the BFF wouldn't tolerate his ideas, but the truth is he refused to consider any other viewpoint than his own.

Edited by Bonehead74

Yep, I always admired him for that. He said what he believed, take it or leave it. He wasn't one to waste his time arguing.

I never argued with him, I tried to discuss his ideas with him. He was terribly inept at articulating his views. It seems like you are saying that open-minded debate and discussion are pointless, yes? If so, then I again disagree with you, but I do agree that arguing with an intractable antagonist is a waste of time. That's just not what happened in para ape's case.

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest MikeG
KA, para ape is no more. He has ceased to be. He is an ex para.

:D

I wonder if he is pining for the fjords?

Mike

I would agree that arguing with an intractable antagonist is a waste of time.

That's probably what he thought, too, & the reason he didn't do it. :rolleyes:

I was listening to a paranormal type talk show on some radio station recently, and they had a medium/physic on talking about the rash of “ghost†shows on TV right now. He made the point that there are human ghosts, non-human spirits, and thought projections. The first two are self-explanatory, but the third category are beings created by thoughts, his belief was that the Lock Ness monster and Bigfoot are beings created by the mass collective of our thoughts. I don’t belief this theory, but I found it fascinating, that we could create “monster†literally out of our own thoughts.

Doesn’t hold out much hope of getting evidence of a creature that can react at the speed of thought!

^_^

This is a warning- any replies to this post will be dealt with on a personal level.

Regardless of what anyone say's or thinks on here- Para ape was not mis-treated by staff, he was not mis-treated by the general membership.

His viewpoint was initially welcomed, and unfortunately his matter of fact stating of what he believed- grated on peoples nerves, and turned them off. Multiple members tried to engage him in intelligent debate, but he refused and simply kept repeating his same message, over and over, and over.

He is no longer a part of the forums for one reason, and one reason only. He continually broke forum rules, was given multiple warnings, and much lenience and patience was shown to him. He was a new member, and it appeared at first that he did not have a firm grasp on the rules.

Once it became evident that he did, and continued breaking rules on a regular basis, he was treated the same exact way that we treat every other member.

In the end, yes he was banned..

I shouldnt have to keep posting stuff like this- but unfortunately certain members do not seem to understand the facts, and want to plant ideas that are inaccurate, and cause further grief for the forum staff to deal with.

If anyone wants to discuss the situation- feel free to PM me- there will be no further discussion of it here.

Thank you.....

• 1 year later...

Here's a strange picture.

Seemed that this would be the most appropriate place to put it.

ApeFace_zpsb359dcbd.jpg

Edited by Sasfooty