Dr. Melba Ketchum Schedule To Speak About Sasquatch Dna On October 1, 2011

I'm not sure what a lot of people are up in arms about? It's tough to compare and contrast the Ketchum DNA work, with past projects, and BF revelations simply because this type of 'project' is unprecedented. She honestly doesn't owe anybody anything, and any questions she has tried to answer seem to be out of courtesy for the certain individuals who ask. There's substance to what she is doing, and it's not going to turn into some sort of ruse where there is an epic let down. I don't necessarily know if it's going to be the end-all of BF 'proof', but it will open the door for A LOT of interest, and possible funding to various scientists, and there will be more of a concerted effort to prove existence. Our W.L Dept just got a huge grant, and will more than likely expand our surveys to encompass one more creature in the woods, if all goes well:) There are wildlife biologists who KNOW that they are real, but it will take something like DNA evidence to justify using grant money to research them...Trust me on that one;) Good luck, Melba!

Wow, That's great news for everyone!

Please let us know how that works out for you, and if you will be able to study BF with your grant.

Congrats about the grant...and Amen for Good Luck to Melba.

My farm is 45 minutes NW of the Woodlands, or about 1 1/2 hours north of Houston. Livingston is situated on US 59 roughly 1 to 1 1/2 hours NE of me. So not too far at all. You could make an easy afternoon or morning of a round trip. I sure wish I had a name to go with the police report though...unless ranger Branson's name happens to be on the report since he is/was the property owner.

You are practically neighbors with our daughter! They are about 30+/- minutes away from the airport in The Woodlands.

It's a pretty area, and my daughter is so excited to be able to live there.

Give it a few years where you see this sort of thing happen again, and again, and again, the constant hype and build up and the exhilarating excitement and anticipation, and then the resulting crash and burn of disappointment when it's nothing as it was hyped up to be, and you will become the "Skeptic" you disdain.

BTW, I've also suffered through those hard times, and I have never disdained anyone here, I was just talking about how this news can effect everyone, including the skeptics.

Sometime topics come up that I'm starting to think are being written by some people to worry the BF believers. :(

You are practically neighbors with our daughter! They are about 30+/- minutes away from the airport in The Woodlands.

It's a pretty area, and my daughter is so excited to be able to live there.

It's a very nice area, I'm sure she will enjoy it. If memory serves there are a couple of sighting reports in that area. One from a night watchmen if I recall.

Edited by Tautriadelta

That's pretty good. Have you noticed that Stubstad sounds like Jimmy Stewart? It's all coming together.

I haven't heard him. Now I'm going to have to ask him about Bedford Falls.

And consider Ketchum's own previous remarks. She has not said (to my knowledge) that her paper will change the world of anthropology, zoology, biology, etc. All I remember her saying is that the Bigfoot community will be pleased by her paper.

To her credit and our frustration, she's said very little on the matter. Her silence has been fertile ground for aimless and entertaining speculation from a lot of people, including me. But it has been fun in a weird way.

Oh, Wolftrax, I don't disdain anyone at all, especially here.

I understand the terrible disappointment, I feel it too, I'm just sincerely trying to look on the bright side and hope that we will all be seeing actual verified results sooner rather then later. I sincerely thought that I was offering comfort, not disdain towards anyone at all.

I've also been involved and waiting with baited breath for years upon years, so I understand where you are coming from.

This sounds pretty disdainful:

Rod, If you are having fun then it is not wasting your time to be here.

Sooner or later everyone here will know the results of the research.

I fear that we have skeptics here who are telling us their version of the truth.

Sometimes I believe that skeptics post items just to stir us all up, and to cause us not to believe in these projects.

I could post all kinds of lies here, and who could definitively call me a liar?

There are people here whom I trust, and I'm hanging on, sometimes by my fingernails, but I'm still hanging here waiting with the rest of you.

With all of the BF smoke being blown I'm thinking that there is a fire someplace, so results will be published and released to the general public.

National news will cover it, probably some will make jokes, but still the DNA will prove their existence.

I'm not disappointed, and these aren't hard times for me. Simply put, it most likely will be the same it's always been, a bunch of hype and hot air. You like to blame the "Skeptics" for lying to you, or trying to bring you down, but in reality that is not who is lying to you or bringing you down. It is those who hype this kind of thing up, and then run when it implodes.

As there are individuals/groups whom are working on Book(s) and DVD movie/documentary deals linked to Melba's research, her DNA presentation/paper could have contained information those individuals/groups had found to be detrimental to their future profits.. Causing her to cancel at the last minute to re-writer her transcripts and/or presentation.. Anyone can see that there is a lot of money in hope to be made by groups. Those efforts may be quite dependent on what comes out of her DNA results, thus those principals have a great deal of interest or stake in what Melba was going to present. Don't mean to be a conspiracy monger, but it typically comes down to when things this potentially big change at the last second, follow the money to find the answers.

You like to blame the "Skeptics" for lying to you, or trying to bring you down, but in reality that is not who is lying to you or bringing you down. It is those who hype this kind of thing up, and then run when it implodes.

I don't mind the skeptics, I rather enjoy them. My disdain is centered upon the sneering skeptics.

And everybody sneers when everybody fights, and everybody fights when they stereotype each other, and everybody stereotypes each other when the evidence comes out and it falls way short and those who hyped it up in the first place create propaganda to switch the blame.

Edited by wolftrax

Guest Kerchak

I don't mind the skeptics, I rather enjoy them. My disdain is centered upon the sneering skeptics.

I call them the cynics and I make a separate distinction with that type. These are the folks who poo poo everything and never go "hmmmmm interesting" about anything.

Guest slimwitless

To her credit and our frustration, she's said very little on the matter. Her silence has been fertile ground for aimless and entertaining speculation from a lot of people, including me. But it has been fun in a weird way.

I think she's played this about right. In fact I can really only think of a couple slip-ups. I hate to say it but one was probably posting here (and on Lindsay's blog) and the other was agreeing to appear at Honobia without a published paper.

You're right, though. This has been fun in a weird way.

Guest HairyGreek

And everybody sneers when everybody fights, and everybody fights when they stereotype each other, and everybody stereotypes each other when the evidence comes out and it falls way short and those who hyped it up in the first place create propaganda to switch the blame.

I'm interested in who you are going to stereotype as propaganda creators since you seem to already have someone in mind to label.

Ajciani said:

Also, if the destination of Germany is correct, then I suspect that the reviewers are at Max Planck Institute, and are possibly even the authors of the Denisova paper. This is only my suspicion though, but if I was the editor on such a paper as Ketchum submitted, they would be high on the list of reviewers.

Susi says:

I'm so very excited about the caliber of the reviewers that I could hardly sleep last night.

To have the Max Planck Institute verifying the results is just stupendous..

It does not come any higher than that IMHO.

Stuff is happening, I foresee answers coming... :D sooner rather then later..

Thank you Ajciani for figuring that out.

Major hugs and much appreciation to you from me.

Am I the only one a little happy this isn't the place she picked to spill the beans (for whatever the reasons that may be)?

Hairy, Where do you think she might "spill the beans" so to say?

A press conference like the UFO group did at the Washington Press club perhaps?

That conference was well covered, but without a flying saucer it was still just a story, even with the pictures and the first hand accounts of pilots, Army generals, scientists, police,Governors, and just regular citizens who all saw and reported the exact same thing: that UFOs exist.

Sadly, Nothing came out of that conference.

Now with DNA proof, I think that the BF discovery has a real shot of making headlines and having the public at least sit up and take notice.

After that event, who knows what will happen?

Will people accept the findings? Will casual hikers fear taking to the woods?

Will hunters go after one to bag the ultimate prize? :(