Dr. Melba Ketchum Schedule To Speak About Sasquatch Dna On October 1, 2011

Guest HairyGreek

I am at a loss for words Susi. I am not sure what flying saucers showing up at a press conference has to do with my post. I would suspect Bigfoot wouldn't take the podium in Honobia after Ketchum made her announcement there had she done so either.

My point was I always though a more appropriate and professional venue would be preferable to the release of any findings that may start the pendulum swinging in a new direction.

I am sure Honobia is a hootin' good time and all that...

Guest wudewasa

My point was I always though a more appropriate and professional venue would be preferable to the release of any findings that may start the pendulum swinging in a new direction.

Agreed.

The Honobia conference is a bit better than a comic book convention to discuss bigfoot evidence. True, Ketchum has more science behind her than four people running around the woods with thermal cameras, screaming into the night and dropping zagnut bars.

Although, sasquatch crashing the Choctaw wedding would have been EPIC!!!

Personally, I think Ketchums 'paper' was rejected by peer review and she had to re-submit. It's JMO, but the whole story is startin' to smell bad. I no longer anticipate a 'Big Discovery' I thought might actually happen a few months ago, anyway. Just sayin'.

A few years ago I was the first to post on the "First (Previous) BF Forum" the results from the Josh Gates TV show where he and his group had discovered white hair caught in a fork in a tree left after they were chasing/tracking a BF through the woods, in Nepal I think.

Gates took the hairs to Melba, and to my knowledge that was her introduction to the BF world.

Ketchum had something unknown to science that did exist. That was an exciting night, and I was so excited I accidentally posted in the wrong forum. :blink::blush: .Regardless, The news did get shared, so at that time Melba was willing to pursue BF samples because she had something *unknown* to science, but it existed.

I think that show and those results got her involved in the BF world.

Guest Biggie

I don't mind the skeptics, I rather enjoy them. My disdain is centered upon the sneering skeptics.

Likewise. There is a difference between honest and ornery and the latter I can do without.

As for me if the skeptics ever proved bf to not exist it would surprise me yes but I wouldn't be devastated by it. I don't have anything invested in bf other than my interest and curiosity. That said delays like this do seem common place and are tiring.

No evidence+ third party hearsay= best scam yet. Beautifully orchestrated, but not all that different than the Georgia boys. WAY more sophisticated. Hats off to those who had us all stringing along.

Tim

Guest HairyGreek

LOL... :rolleyes:

You can trace on this board who started the "rumor" of anything happening at Honobia. It started as best wishes and grew into a small hysteria epidemic towards the end.

What the heck are you talking about? You and gigantor been talking conspriacy theories?

Edited to add: Is Dr. Ketchum not allowed to make any public appearances at all?

Edited by HairyGreek

I'm just saying- we have NO evidence. We have 3rd and 4th party accounts on why everything is falling apart. We have several "in the know" people saying "Trust me, it's coming." But back to the original point- we have NO evidence. All this attention for no evidence. Wonderfully played!

Tim

Guest HairyGreek

And I'm just saying...well played by whom exactly? To what end? We did this to ourselves. Anything else is a wishful thinking.

interesting- your idea is we all got excited about it with no provocation. I hadn't thought of it that way. Either way, we agree- there's no evidence of anything there. No great announcement around the corner. Just a lot of "Trust us."

Tim

Guest HairyGreek

I'm unwilling to think either way right now. It wasn't anyone truly "in the know" who made me think something was imminent outside of Erickson putting his website up prematurely. Even that though...my fault for reading more into it. It is not like it has a "Coming the Summer of 2011" banner on it.

Everything has been second or third person info and if people would be honorable and keep the NDAs (whether they like them before or after the signed the dotted line or not) then none of us would be talking about anything BUT a website that never seems to deliver.

Edited by HairyGreek

interesting- your idea is we all got excited about it with no provocation. I hadn't thought of it that way. Either way, we agree- there's no evidence of anything there. No great announcement around the corner. Just a lot of "Trust us."

Tim

You keep saying we have "no evidence"... that's not true. We have a fairly large amount of evidence. What we don't have is PROOF.

I'm just saying- we have NO evidence. We have 3rd and 4th party accounts on why everything is falling apart. We have several "in the know" people saying "Trust me, it's coming." But back to the original point- we have NO evidence. All this attention for no evidence. Wonderfully played!

Tim

Tim, I agree with you 100%. At least with the Georgia Boys we had first hand accounts and a photo. I am expecting a major news conference on all of this on April 1, 2012.

Likewise. There is a difference between honest and ornery and the latter I can do without.

As for me if the skeptics ever proved bf to not exist it would surprise me yes but I wouldn't be devastated by it. I don't have anything invested in bf other than my interest and curiosity. That said delays like this do seem common place and are tiring.

You are hitting on the core problem with the ongoing question of the existence of bf. You cannot prove that bf doesn't exist. It is impossible to prove a negative. You can argue it, but you can't prove it. On the other hand, throw a body on a slab and presto, you proved the existence of bf, game over -- instant fame and notoriety. If I run over a bf tomorrow, you will see me on the news milking it for every penny. I won't be waiting around 5 years to do a documentary. I might to that if I had some fuzzy photos, however.

I have not,and hopefully will not,give up on hoping that some or almost all of the DNA evidence is genuine and that we will have proper DNA evidence that is accepted by science and the Academia Elite.

For some reason I fear that the Academic world may be harder to convince than the laboratory and the out in the field scientists and researchers. :ph34r::unsure: Are any of you feeling that way also? I've waited my whole life for this and I so hope that it will happen within my lifetime. :( .