Read any good Bigfoot books lately?

CelticKevin

I'm looking for good reading material on the subject to properly break in my new recliner. I just ordered Patterson's book (reprint, naturally) for curiosity from the North American Bigfoot Center. But I was wondering if anyone else keeps up on the latest (or recent) books on the subject and if so...what have you picked up that is decent? Also, what books have you gotten that you would NOT recommend? Thanks!

Just finished "Appalachain Bigfoot" by Dr. Russ Jones. And ordered the bluff creek projects book covering the rediscovery of the PG Film site

4 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Just finished "Appalachain Bigfoot" by Dr. Russ Jones. And ordered the bluff creek projects book covering the rediscovery of the PG Film site

How was Appalachian Bigfoot? I have Dr. Jones other book.

i enjoyed it, i also helped contribute a little as well. he lives about 4 miles from me and we work a lot of same areas over time. its a deep dive on the regions ecology and why its as good area to support this kind of creature, as well as having some good case files in it as well.

• Upvote 2

On 3/8/2022 at 12:49 PM, Skinwalker13 said:

Bluff Creek book is pretty dry. I applaud the efforts in the search but it doesn't really hold your interest in a 600 page narrative.

Michelle Souliere's "Bigfoot in Maine" is the best new book I've read in the last year. I typically buy 5-8 bigfoot books a year. Some are... duds, to put in gently.

• Upvote 1

Just finished Michelle Souliere's book, langfordbc, and I found it to be very well written and interesting. She has added in nice illustrations of her own as well. 

1 hour ago, langfordbc said:

Bluff Creek book is pretty dry. I applaud the efforts in the search but it doesn't really hold your interest in a 600 page narrative.

oh yeah, it wasn't a purchase for ease of a read or style lol. It's one of those "historic importance" to the subject matter things though. 

Also, book I would not recommend is Bigfoot Nation lol. I bought it purely becuase it was David "puma punku" Childers book from ancient aliens and got it signed lol. The book touts a few known hoaxes as actual sightings, that were busted by the time he wrote the book btw. So he really phoned it in on this one lol. 

My #1 favorite read, and honestly one of the most beautifully written books on the subject is "where bigfoot walks" by Robert Michael Pyle. Then there's "legend meets science" by meldrum, lengthy read but good. Ive got a small book collection I'll take a picture of tomorrow and post.  Mostly good reads, a couple duds, but mostly good.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Also, book I would not recommend is Bigfoot Nation lol. I bought it purely becuase it was David "puma punku" Childers book from ancient aliens and got it signed lol. The book touts a few known hoaxes as actual sightings, that were busted by the time he wrote the book btw. So he really phoned it in on this one lol. 

My #1 favorite read, and honestly one of the most beautifully written books on the subject is "where bigfoot walks" by Robert Michael Pyle. Then there's "legend meets science" by meldrum, lengthy read but good. Ive got a small book collection I'll take a picture of tomorrow and post.  Mostly good reads, a couple duds, but mostly good.

Sounds about like my shelf. I also wasnt too impressed with Bigfoot Nation. Also, I found Loren Coleman's book to be hard to finish. Just did nothing for me. I donated it to the library.

Yeah, im not really a fan of lorens writing style either.

Edited by Skinwalker13
Spelling

1 hour ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Yeah, im not really a fan of lorens writing style either.

Honestly, from what I remember about it, I couldn't tell if he was trying to argue on the side of their existence or if he was refuting everyone's claims. I remember thinking...wow, isnt he SUPPOSED to be a Bigfoot proponent?

19 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Here's mine.

20220310_173813.jpg

Here's my collection of books so far...give or take ones I've ditched over the years. A couple of duds in here too, but mostly good reads. Only problem is it gets repetitive after a while.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

If its not his idea he doesn't subscribe to it.

Yup.   

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic