Read any good Bigfoot books lately?

CelticKevin

Don’t laugh, I’m finally finding out my local library has access to Bigfoot books! I put out an inter library request for Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science and will be getting it soon. I’d like to support the writers and publishers of Sasquatch related books, but right now libraries are the perfect source.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Perhaps I missed something but I scanned over the images in this thread and I am surprised that I did not see  " In the Spirit of Seatco,  Sasquatch, Indians, Geography, and Science in the Nineteenth Century"  by Henry Franzoni III.  The book is not about weirdness.  It is about High Weirdness.  The 'Predator Effect'  term that is used today should be corrected to 'Seatco Effect'.   You must approach this book with an open mind but don't let your brain fall out.

Published in 2008 and I don't think that it is currently available in paper form.  Amazon has a kindle version.  The paper version was about $60 which makes the kindle version look attractive.

No good book, but I recently came across this interesting video:

There are a couple reasons why I found the video so interesting. First, this isn't the first time I've heard of such legends. I posted a story on this forum in 2010 of a sasquatch kidnapping a boy that supposedly occurred in the 1970's. The story was posted in an Alaska outdoorsman forum. The poster, who lived in a native village in the region, told of the native legends of multiple different types of hominids in the region. For some reason I can't open the thread now:

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/28150-a-coast-range-bigfoot-story/?do=findComment&comment=544030

The other reason I find the video interesting is because my longtime friend disappeared in the immediate vicinity of the supposed lair of the creatures mentioned in the video less than two years ago. I actually participated in an unsuccessful search for him. His head was discovered a couple months later by the man I searched with. More of him and his possessions were found yet a couple months after that, enough for the Alaska State Troopers to legally declare him dead. The reason he died remains a mystery. When I watched this video and saw that these creatures supposedly like to play with human heads, I of course paid close attention.

The area is well known for its abundance of bears, both black and grizzlies. I hope to go bear hunting for several days in Mayif this home improvement project that I'm currently involved in allows. I thought that visiting the site where Don was found would be good closure for me, and coupling that with a bear hunt seems fitting, since a bear might well have killed him. Adding the remote possibility of shooting a murderous monkey man makes the trip too great to pass up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Finally got round to getting hold of a copy of Thom Powell's 'The Locals'. Very enjoyable and worthy of the regard it's held in. Sure Thom and myself won't see eye to eye on some aspects but I admire an open mind. 

• Upvote 1

I read a book, I no longer have it to look up the title or author, that had Skookum in the title. Someone had a police illustrator draw what the bigfoot witnesses had seen. Lots of really good illustrations of what bigfoot looks like. If it is true it is  no wonder people hesitate to shoot them. 

Edited by CallyCat

On 4/21/2022 at 9:28 AM, CallyCat said:

I read a book, I no longer have it to look up the title or author, that had Skookum in the title. Someone had a police illustrator draw what the bigfoot witnesses had seen. Lots of really good illustrations of what bigfoot looks like. If it is true it is  no wonder people hesitate to shoot them. 

Are you sure it wasn’t a David Paulides book? Sounds like The Hoopa Project.

• 3 weeks later...

No one's gonna mention Naked Comes The Sasquatch? A great novel (not Bigfoot Erotica)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this! I've always wanted it. Just the thing for a rainy afternoon of quarantine!

Hunster - off to watch that video! I remember you searching for your friend, and I'm so sorry for your loss, again. 

20220528_100635.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
On 5/28/2022 at 1:12 PM, Madison5716 said:

Just got this! I've always wanted it. Just the thing for a rainy afternoon of quarantine!

Hunster - off to watch that video! I remember you searching for your friend, and I'm so sorry for your loss, again. 

20220528_100635.jpg

Also currently reading this one!! Great book!!

I had just posted a book review in the Media section as I wasn’t sure where to share it! But it’s a review for Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science. Great book I’m sure a lot have read!!

On 4/21/2022 at 9:28 AM, CallyCat said:

Valley of the Skookum?

On 4/18/2022 at 9:10 PM, Catmandoo said:

Perhaps I missed something but I scanned over the images in this thread and I am surprised that I did not see  " In the Spirit of Seatco,  Sasquatch, Indians, Geography, and Science in the Nineteenth Century"  by Henry Franzoni III.  The book is not about weirdness.  It is about High Weirdness.  The 'Predator Effect'  term that is used today should be corrected to 'Seatco Effect'.   You must approach this book with an open mind but don't let your brain fall out.

Published in 2008 and I don't think that it is currently available in paper form.  Amazon has a kindle version.  The paper version was about $60 which makes the kindle version look attractive.

This sounds intriguing! 

There would have to be lots of pictures to hold my interest. I prefer articles or video. 

• Haha 1

B1EF6837-C694-41EC-B686-20EE840E5392.thumb.jpeg.f6fb1fe11ccd65ea7c4e9d50c32433c5.jpegI did enjoy this one and highly recommend it for anyone interested in Bigfoot stuff it sure caught my interest.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic