Read any good Bigfoot books lately?

CelticKevin

Well done book by researcher Red Grossinger, who has a highly systematized approach. Reminds me of Thomas Steenberg in thoughoughness.

https://www.amazon.ca/Nahganne-Northern-Sasquatch-Red-Grossinger/dp/1988824591

Nahganne: Tales of the Northern Sasquatch Paperback – Oct. 1 2022

by Red Grossinger (Author), Raymond Yakeleya (Foreword), Rich Theroux (Illustrator)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Book: "Beware of the Woods Scary True Stories of the Unexplained"

Author: Tony Urban

I recently finished reading this book. It shares short stories of alleged eye-witness testimony of various creatures, moreso Bigfoot. I am aware that eye-witness testimony and memory recall is scientifically unreliable; however, the book provided enjoyment and intrigue. I find this stuff fascinating and like to keep an open mind whilst thinking critically. Happy reading! 

• Upvote 1

Currently reading The Phenomenal Sasquatch by Matt Pruitt - it's good, although a little dry and written in a pseudo-academic style. I think it would have been written in a more conversational style to attract a broader range of readers.

8 minutes ago, norseman said:

Sounds like Huntster needs to listen to it!👍

No, I don't. I created this conspiracy theory. I've been on this for years here.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Huntster said:

No, I don't. I created this conspiracy theory. I've been on this for years here.

LOL! Yes! I meant you would find it compelling or supportive to your position.

8 minutes ago, norseman said:

LOL! Yes! I meant you would find it compelling or supportive to your position.

No, I really don't care if anybody accepts my theories or not. 

10 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Duly noted

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

Cool, it appears many of us don't, including the author I mentioned. Good book, if a bit slow due to my density. 

Edited by JKH

8 hours ago, JKH said:

Cool, it appears many of us don't, including the author I mentioned..........

That appears incorrect. If he claims that government is suppressing discovery, that supports my theory. Moreover, if he didn't hint at his revelation (which supposedly occurred over 20 years ago) quite a while back, he may even have acquired his theory from reading it here over the past few years. I've seen more than one YouTube video over the past couple of months advancing the theory of government suppression. People absolutely love conspiracy theories. It's pretty easy to create one.

That said, I can only see a CIA role in this phenomenon if foreign governments were pressuring the US to step it up because American bigfoot researchers were about to out sasquatchery.........a prospect I find extremely doubtful.

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend The Abominable Snowman of California by Dustin Severs. Really good but skeptical look at the early days of the Bigfoot phenomenon.

• 2 weeks later...

I second the opinion above.

I highly recommend the book titled The Abominable Snowman of California by Dustin Severs.

The book covers the origin story of Bigfoot in Bluff Creek, CA.

Besides providing a lot of detail and well researched history on what took place in Bluff Creek (1958 to 1967) before the Patterson-Gimlin Film, he also provides a lot of historical/biographical information on many of the key players (Crew, Titmus, Slick, Green, Dahinden, Sanderson, Byrne, Wallace, etc.).  He also brings to the attention many other people that are not well known but played key roles on the development of the Bigfoot at Bluff Creek story.

Even though the book is 443 pages long, it was a fast read because it was a page turner.  

The book closed many gaps in my understanding of the origin story and provided many interesting facts that added clarity and context to the events that took place.

The 5 Amazon star reviews are right on target.

https://www.amazon.com/Abominable-Snowman-California-Footprints-Stompers/dp/B0CLRC6GN5/ref=sr_1_6?crid=236RDJ6EKY7GN&keywords=severs&qid=1701399125&s=books&sprefix=severs%2Cstripbooks%2C140&sr=1-6

Dustin Severs Book - Copy.jpg

Finally got a chance to slow down a bit and start reading "phenomenal sasquatch" by Matt Pruitt . So far I love the flow of the book and how smooth it's moving along.

• 2 weeks later...
SSR Team

I've recently purchased Matt Pruitt's new book 'The Phenomenal Sasquatch' upon a recommendation. I'll revert back when i've read it, hopefully in the new year at some point.