Read any good Bigfoot books lately?

CelticKevin

On 4/18/2022 at 6:10 PM, Catmandoo said:

Perhaps I missed something but I scanned over the images in this thread and I am surprised that I did not see  " In the Spirit of Seatco,  Sasquatch, Indians, Geography, and Science in the Nineteenth Century"  by Henry Franzoni III.  The book is not about weirdness.  It is about High Weirdness.  The 'Predator Effect'  term that is used today should be corrected to 'Seatco Effect'.   You must approach this book with an open mind but don't let your brain fall out.

Published in 2008 and I don't think that it is currently available in paper form.  Amazon has a kindle version.  The paper version was about $60 which makes the kindle version look attractive.

I just listened to a good interview with Henry, I'm a fan, glad to hear he's got a new book coming soon. They discuss lots of his previous work.

https://www.bigfootsocietypodcast.com/henry-franzoni-the-lost-history-behind-drumming-for-bigfoot-and-conversations-with-dahinden/

Edited by JKH

9 hours ago, JKH said:

Predator Effect' 

9 hours ago, JKH said:

'Seatco Effect

My thoughts have been festering on high weirdness. "Sasquatch" is a PNW term. There are a lot of names used by many indigenous groups in the US and Canada. I propose a term to cover all of them.  "The dim ones who make jokes of man".

I got my copy of Freeman Bigfoot Files a couple weeks ago. Nice blend of written and recorded content via QR codes. Also has a not so good copy of Paul Freemans maps of the area around Walla Walla.

9781955471657-us.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, menute behudi said:

.........Also has a not so good copy of Paul Freemans maps of the area around Walla Walla.

I wish I could get a clear copy of those maps.

The originals, which are more than just Paul Freeman's maps are on display at the North American Bigfoot Center in Boring, Or.

Edited by menute behudi

On 1/4/2023 at 8:44 AM, menute behudi said:

I got my copy of Freeman Bigfoot Files a couple weeks ago. Nice blend of written and recorded content via QR codes. Also has a not so good copy of Paul Freemans maps of the area around Walla Walla.

9781955471657-us.jpg

This is on my wish list. I've seen the price around $75 and that's a shade steep for me.

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2022 at 3:49 PM, Skinwalker13 said:

Just finished "Appalachain Bigfoot" by Dr. Russ Jones. And ordered the bluff creek projects book covering the rediscovery of the PG Film site

I'm reading that one right now.  Easy read; conversational tone.  (So far) doesn't overwhelm with facts, stats, miscellaneous sighting.  I would rate it 5 stars for recliner reading.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bigfoot in Maine is a great book - it benefits from the author's ability to gain the confidence of witnesses and let them tell their story, adding details that weren't common knowledge to well-publicized cases like the Durham Gorilla. 5 stars.*

I'm going to go out on a limb and state that When Roger Met Patty is the most important book on the PG film, as it persuasively demonstrates why the film could not have been faked and does so with technical knowledge of film, cameras, make-up, etc., that few people possess. 6 stars.*  Contrast that with The Making of Bigfoot by Greg Long, which in my opinion can be summarized as, "these people are beneath me, I don't like them, and therefore they are frauds."

Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science is a good introductory book.

Lastly, I highly recommend The Sasquatch Hunter's Field Manual, by our very own Hiflier.  It is a very good book condensing much of what he has written here and it is well-written.  I'm grateful to have a signed copy.

* I am not related to, friends of (except for Hiflier), or compensated by the authors. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trogluddite said:

Lastly, I highly recommend The Sasquatch Hunter's Field Manual, by our very own Hiflier.  It is a very good book condensing much of what he has written here and it is well-written.  I'm grateful to have a signed copy.

Aw shucks, Trog, you make me blush. Totally unexpected that you would include in such a list with Meldrum, Munns, and Soulier. I sincerely thank you for the plug and the kind words.

Here's my small stack. Would like more!

I'm missing about 5 more titles. I have hundreds upon hundreds of books, and they are NOT organized. This is what I could pull together in two minutes.

20230111_083800.jpg

Edited by Madison5716

I've read and re-read several books in the last few years my favorites being - 'The Beast of Boggy Creek ' & ' The Boggy Creek Casebook ' by Lyle Blackburn, ' The Apes Among Us ' John Green, ' Bigfoot Sasquatch Evidence ' Grover Krantz & ' Sasquatch Legend meets Science ' Jeff Meldrum.

On 1/11/2023 at 8:47 AM, Madison5716 said:

I really want Dan's book and "Raincoast Sasquatch".

Order directly from Hancock House. Get a few titles, free shipping over $50 in US ($75 in Canada).