General consensus on what Bigfoot is

Grub-Girl

Trying to get a handle on the general consensus of the community. I'm open minded about most explanations (including skepticism).

Is it fair to say that generally people are looking for an undiscovered bipedal primate? Or, is there a lot of support for the 'mythical creature' explanations?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grub-Girl said:

Trying to get a handle on the general consensus of the community. I'm open minded about most explanations (including skepticism).

Is it fair to say that generally people are looking for an undiscovered bipedal primate? Or, is there a lot of support for the 'mythical creature' explanations?

To me if it exist I see it as a bipedal primate. 

• Upvote 2

I believe flesh and blood mainly bipedal primate, with a very high intelligence level. Likely related to human. I don't really have any evidence of "woo" type of stuff, but I have heard it from direct eye-witnesses. In fact, I recently spoke with a man who was at least part Native American descent, who rather convincingly swore that he saw one change before his eyes into a deer, as well as reports of cloaking, like the alien in the movie Predator. I have not experienced "mind-speak" - though others have. I have heard this before from others, as well. Some on this forum. But again, I have no experience or evidence of this. It is, however, something I am always conscious of when I am out in the woods. Then there's infrasound. I have not experienced that, either, but I know people who have. Again, some are on this forum. I have experienced tracks and other physical indications. And, the sightings that Madison5716 and I have had. The data that I can confirm for myself lead me to believe flesh and blood, but I'm open to other possibilities if I find out otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

People have a tendency to try and explain away things that are unknown or unexplainable at a certain time to fit whatever paradigm that they have, whether it's cultural or personal, so I tend to view the "Woo" stuff for what it is and just don't engage in it because it's pretty clear to me that it's a normal flesh and blood creature. What that creature is, who knows but it's definitely a primate. I tend to go along with the human ancestor hypothesis, whether it's a lost lineage of Australopithecine or direct human ancestor. We still know so little about our past and only have modern apes as a reference, which is inherently skewed. 

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 1

I literally have no idea what these things are.  I thought that I did years ago before I started spending a fair amount of time actually looking into the phenomenon rather than just studying it by reading the works of others.  

I think that hardliners on both sides are approaching the topic with their minds already made up…and will selectively decide with reports and evidence they want to accept in order to reinforce their theories.  

The undiscovered ape idea doesn’t hold water for me anymore.  You end up doing more mental gymnastics to explain away even the slightly stranger stuff than you do to wholeheartedly embrace a total paranormal approach.  Just an ordinary ape… with abilities so far beyond any other creature on earth that it might as well be alien.  A 100% success rate of avoiding a provable death or discovery.  The ability to use infrasound in a manner which is impossible (since we have at least scientifically studied infrasound and know its limitations) and which is unparalleled in the rest of the natural world.  The ability to avoid sophisticated infrared cameras, but it couldn’t avoid a couple of cowboys with 1960s technology.  Strength, speed, agility, and stealth which have no near equal anywhere in the animal kingdom.  Physical senses that seem to excel in every category with no accompanying weaknesses.

The fact that they seem to be everywhere, yet nowhere.

At least the paranormal approach allows one to accept that there are rules to the universe of which we are currently unaware.  However, the paranormal theory can be kind of an excuse to present any crazy theory you choose to adhere to without presenting any of your own findings or evidence.  So much of that world is unquantifiable.  If that’s the case…why even bother looking into it? Also, so many hardcore supernatural Sasquatch proponents are just so obviously bad storytellers desperate for attention.  

Both worlds are so riddled with fraud and lies.  We spend more time speaking with first hand witnesses nowadays then we did in the past.  The amount of lies that are told for no reason at all is staggering.   Not everyone, not even a majority… but, a very sizable percentage just seem to make this stuff up for no apparent reason.  Either attention, casual mischief, or maybe they want the world to have a little bit of magic so badly that they are willing to lie to total strangers for no reason just to foster the idea that there is something strange going on in our mundane world.

The slow roll UAP disclosure kind of reveals that we don’t know as much as we thought about how the physical world operates.  If you can’t see parallels between that paradigm shift and what might very well be going on with the Sasquatch phenomenon… 

For myself… I had a sighting of something when I was a boy in the George Washington National Forest.  I have never had another Sasquatch sighting, but I have seen some weird stuff that shouldn’t be possible.  I have found footprints and other physical evidence that match up with what people associate with Sasquatch… tree twists, structures, heard whoops.

I have also seen weird lights… flashes and orbs.  Seen other things that I would have previously thought impossible.  Things that I have shared other members of this forum for their own analysis.  

So, at the end of the day…I don’t think either camp is 100% right or wrong.  I basically just made a long winded post to say “I don’t know and I honestly don’t think anyone else does either.”  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

After nearly 60 years of interest and reading about the subject, I am now of the belief that these creatures are a hominid; a species of primitive man. I also believe that hybridization with homo sapiens occurs.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

After nearly 60 years of interest and reading about the subject, I am now of the belief that these creatures are a hominid; a species of primitive man. I also believe that hybridization with homo sapiens occurs.

Yeah, I think that is a distinct possibility.

I say no way just a regular undiscovered primate . I lean more to Native American  explanations .

Something that is able to travel in two worlds or planes . Now what ever this other plane is ? I have no clue

19 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I say no way just a regular undiscovered primate . I lean more to Native American  explanations .

Something that is able to travel in two worlds or planes . Now what ever this other plane is ? I have no clue

Yeah… either this or some form of man.  A big monkey isn’t plausible.

11 hours ago, Grub-Girl said:

It leaves tracks, hair, etc. So it’s flesh and blood.

Its also the hide and seek world champion. Which makes people want to give it super natural abilities. 

But watching the UFO scene? The government has admitted that we have alien craft in our airspace. So? We don’t know what sort of sorcery they could be committing. A advanced alien race? Could have technology that appears to be magic to us. Beam me up Scotty!

So I approach it as a flesh and blood creature, but I keep an open mind. I’ve never seen a Bigfoot. But I’ve seen UFO’s on numerous occasions.

13 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah… either this or some form of man.  A big monkey isn’t plausible.

Agree . What type of man or from where who knows ?

No way an animal could avoid detection like these things do on a regular basis .

6 minutes ago, norseman said:

Its also the hide and seek world champion. Which makes people want to give it super natural abilities. 

But watching the UFO scene? The government has admitted that we have alien craft in our airspace. So? We don’t know what sort of sorcery they could be committing. A advanced alien race? Could have technology that appears to be magic to us. Beam me up Scotty!

So I approach it as a flesh and blood creature, but I keep an open mind. I’ve never seen a Bigfoot. But I’ve seen UFO’s on numerous occasions.

Yeah, the UAP disclosure has really opened up a lot of possibilities. 

I don’t think that Sasquatch are aliens in the way that we would think of such things…coming from other planets on mechanical ships, entering our atmosphere, and landing on the surface.

However, UAPs are obviously coming here for unknown reasons from ‘somewhere else’.  They exist and have been seen, experienced, filmed… but, don’t leave much in the way of physical evidence beyond their effect upon the environment and the impression they leave upon those who encounter them.  

Sounds a bit like Sasquatch.

1 minute ago, 7.62 said:

No way an animal could avoid detection like these things do on a regular basis .

Batting a thousand 100% of the time. 

22 minutes ago, norseman said:

I think it is also when someone sees one.  I don't think it's supernatural  or a spirit of some sort that floats around it's just something we don't understand . My personal opinion the Native American tribes who try to explain it as something that walks in two worlds is the closest thing that makes any sense .

Edited by 7.62

27 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

No way a population of humans could avoid detection for this long either. 

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic