General consensus on what Bigfoot is

Grub-Girl

2 hours ago, BugMaster said:

I don't think they are aiming to hit people. If they wanted to hurt or kill you, they would use bigger rocks or do it themselves.

As a big, intelligent mammal, I would think Sasquatch knows what can hurt them and what cannot. It would make sense that they know humans are dangerous and unpredictable, especially if they evolved alongside us over the eons. Throwing a rock in a general direction toward someone should be enough to scare them off to avoid confrontation. Even if it did not and the human started confrontation, I think the Sasquatch would flee. Why risk your life when you are big and fast and can run away from something that you know is dangerous? Just my opinion on the matter from an ecological standpoint.

My point here is just to show one can assume the intention of an 'animal' but can't really know.    That is all.   We might say, "Bigfoot is a kind creature since it threw rocks at me and missed intentionally"    I am saying we have no way to know if they were gunning for you and just missed.    We assume it was missing by intention and that attributes many things to how they might think.    I can equally say maybe the handful of people every year who get lost in the woods were attacked and killed by a sasquatch.  I don't think so but my point is, how can we know?  Again, we make assumptions and then fill in the blanks.    1)  do we even know such a rock was thrown by a bigfoot  2) Do we know they are such a good aim their intention wasn't to hit or kill you?  

I think a lot of people read into many things and just attribute them to bigfoot.   If they do this enough then a picture is drawn of what they think Bigfoot might be.    How many times has Bobo or these others on TV talked about Bigfoot to the point they seem to know what Bigfoot's favorite color is and what Bigfoot's favorite baseball team is.   <Snap twig> - "that must be a squatch!"

Rocks are thrown and it is a promising sign that makes sense to me it could be a bigfoot to consider provided certain factors are met.   When I say, "Maybe they were aiming at you and missed" I don't necessarily think that.  I am trying to show we have no idea.    We assume what is the truth.   

I could say, "These rocks are being hurled by a slingshot used by Bigfoot"     Am I wrong?   Why am I any more incorrect than if i said they were thrown by hand?   Look we know under unusual circumstances in some of these cases people have experienced a rock or rocks thrown at them.    Each situation is different.   We need to try to figure out why.   

I would be more satisfied if someone had photographed some footprints like Bluff Creek 1967 and then hours later report something threw rocks at them.

Edited by Backdoc
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Keep the Rock.

I'll get off this Rock thing folks.  

Just wanted to throw out the idea if such rock is thrown again, keep the rock for a DNA test.  Long shot, but ya never know.

54 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

My point here is just to show one can assume the intention of an 'animal' but can't really know.    That is all.   We might say, "Bigfoot is a kind creature since it threw rocks at me and missed intentionally" ..........

Well, bears are quite famous for bluff charges, so, "Bears are legally wise creatures because one charged me, but called it off at the last moment like a well trained armed civilian who fired a warning shot as I was ripping off his motorcycle"?

Probably not. Biologists (Scientists, who are authorities in such matters) tell us that bears bluff charge because their confidence level hasn't risen above their anger.

Moreover, throwing pine cones is likely to be well understood by sasquatches to be less-than-lethal, in the current terminology of the legally minded, so the practice of throwing things might consist of several possible motivations, including simple harassment. 

I was present at the San Diego Zoo when a gorilla soiled several people like this:

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 5/26/2022 at 1:02 AM, ArmChairScience said:

This has been touched a little bit in this thread, but I see Sasquatch's potential evolutionary history as defined by finding a completely different ecological niche to use their high intelligence in than the niche we've been using ours to occupy. What really defines everything our branch of the human tree of life does with our large brains is manipulating the environment to fit our needs. We make tools, clothing, art, and complex settlements out of natural materials that become barely recognizable once the end product is finished. We alter landscapes to fit our needs. We process our food with many steps. We exterminate certain animals that are mortal threats to us. Everything we do that makes us successful involves us carving out our own personalized world from the natural environment. And we are the species that have completely and utterly doubled down on this principle on a scale unlike any other species of humans before us.

A survival strategy like this requires certain mental skills. It requires us to be adaptable. To have the ability to learn any skill that you could conceive of, with enough training i.e a jack of all trades.  It requires language on a level that is sophisticated enough to communicate highly abstract ideas. It requires an active imagination. But most importantly, it requires the ability to socially network, to keep track of dozens upon dozens of complex relationships, so that innovation can spread.

Sasquatch, on the other hand, would appear to occupy an ecological niche that isn't based in any way whatsoever on manipulating their environment. Tool use is extremely minimal. What we're only capable of doing so long as we have tools, they can accomplish through brute strength alone. They don't need clothing when they have fur. They don't carve out their environment to suite their needs. They carve themselves to fit their environment like a lock in a key. This appears to be a strange way for a creature with near human intelligence to make use of it. After all, manipulating your surroundings is the most straightforward way of utilizing such a unique trait among the animal kingdom. But if they tried to use their intelligence the same way we use ours, they'd be competing evolutionarily directly against us, and we would beat them at it every time.

A fascinating take, and one I agree with imho. Here's a neat video on tool use and human beings. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have heard many people say that they live in two worlds and come and go.  I think  that I have had an experience with one or more on my small farm.  I have heard tree knocks on two occasions and some weird sounds to my vocalizations that may have been a BF. I have seen some weird stuff around too and someone is hunting them around my farm, i think.  Anyway there are some big flying objects about the size of a helicopter that does not make any noise and is running at night.  There are huge lights that is lighting up the areas and these other large helicopter sized things are searching t he lighted areas.  The craft are either military or aliens and I suspect military helicopters that do not make any noise.

That all sounds like some very unique things happening around your farm.   Are you doing anything to document this activity?     Have you reported the silent search vehicles to any authorities?   

• 1 month later...