General consensus on what Bigfoot is

Grub-Girl

Here's the FL BFRO report I was thinking of: http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=34954 

My recall was, as I wrote, that the rock struck the witness on a bounce, but I don't see that described on rereading it. It could have been a ricochet impact, but the witness only realized he had been hit with a rock after it hit him, so we'll never know.  This truly is the only instance I know of though where a witness was actually struck.

1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

I will confess the first I followed any of this rock throwing thing attributed to bigfoot was on TV where Meldrum and other were staying in a very remote cabin and had rocks thrown their way.......

Offensive rock throwing behavior was reported as far back as the 1924 miner incident in Ape Canyon, but throwing objects as a warning or intimidation tactic seems rather new. Particularly interesting is the pine cone throwing reported by John Mionczynski, a professional biolgist. 

No one has never been hit with any rocks that I know off. So, the rock throwing seems to be some form of getting a subject to move. In my opinion. I have never had rocks thrown at me. But have had pine cones and sticks thrown at me or towards my direction. In my experience I felt like they were try trying to get my attention. Who knows how others felt. 

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Particularly interesting is the pine cone throwing reported by John Mionczynski, a professional biolgist.

Yes, that is interesting since a pine cone is nothing to be fear full over.  Did he ever fine an explanation to this ? Why such a creature like this would use a pine cone. My son had small pebbles being thrown at him while I was placing a tree stand. He would throw the same pebbles back while I was up in the tree. You can hear them going threw trees as they were being tossed. It was pretty cool and at the same time my mind was thinking the worse.  Were they trying to lure my kid using the pebbles while I was up in the tree fixing a stand. Strange Creatures

14 hours ago, Backdoc said:

As a city-slicker human that I am, I would think it would be pretty dumb for a Bigfoot to alert its presence with a warning shot or throw a rock.   If you we left unaware, it could have the advantage and study you and stay hidden/ protected.   For me that is what a smart higher-level thing would actually do if it was smarter than a typical ape/animal.

Well, obviously people wouldn't be reporting the instances where the bigfoot decides to stay hidden and not reveal it's presence to them. They would probably be aware of us far more often than we are of them. They would only make their presence known if they had no other option but to do so. For instance, if they're about to conduct a hunt in the area, and they don't want a person in the area to worry about while their focusing on the task. Or the human is coming uncomfortably close to their lair/encampment. Only then would they want to make the human know that they're around, if only to scare them out of the area.

Perhaps smaller rocks, pinecones and sticks are being thrown by inquisitive younger ones?

I also beg to differ on pinecones not to be feared. Have you ever as a child play a war game of sorts and pegged pinecones at each other? Some of them can hurt! 

I had one stomp on the ground and threw a boulder at my trailer. It left a dent the size of a basketball in a new $24k trailer. My generator was running and he was angry. When he stomped on the ground it felt like an elephant stomped on the ground. It was puckering.

@Bigcathunter,  there must be more to your interesting story. Did you see the Bigfoot? Tell us more about the circumstances.

On 3/30/2022 at 4:38 PM, 7.62 said:

I say no way just a regular undiscovered primate . I lean more to Native American  explanations .

Something that is able to travel in two worlds or planes . Now what ever this other plane is ? I have no clue

I have to agree there has to be some kind of supernatural powers then there’s the alien connection thing?

10 hours ago, Bigcathunter said:

I had one stomp on the ground and threw a boulder at my trailer. It left a dent the size of a basketball in a new $24k trailer. My generator was running and he was angry. When he stomped on the ground it felt like an elephant stomped on the ground. It was puckering.

One time I was in the woods and had a huge rock thrown at my car but I’m pretty sure it was maybe Native Americans mad that I was on there reservation. I never hiked there again because they were scarier than Bigfoot.

• Downvote 1

On 6/3/2022 at 6:25 PM, WSA said:

Here's the FL BFRO report I was thinking of: http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=34954 

My recall was, as I wrote, that the rock struck the witness on a bounce, but I don't see that described on rereading it. It could have been a ricochet impact, but the witness only realized he had been hit with a rock after it hit him, so we'll never know.  This truly is the only instance I know of though where a witness was actually struck.

I wonder if anyone was ever killed? Like when somebody goes missing and are never found? That would explain why Bigfoot doesn’t get caught if they kill off people that get close enough for proof.

9 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

@Bigcathunter,  there must be more to your interesting story. Did you see the Bigfoot? Tell us more about the circumstances.

I have had three experiences but have never seen one. This particular experience I was turkey hunting on Green Ridge near Sisters Oregon. I was near the top and I had my truck and camp trailer and it was night time. I was in Bed watching a movie with my generator running. I felt like what only can be described as an elephant stomping on the ground right outside my trailer. It shook the trailer. I opened the door, went outside, turned the generator off and looked all around the trailer/truck and didn't see anything so I turned back on the generator and climbed back in bed. Thats when the boulder hit the trailer wall right outside my head. Thats when I knew. I crept outside with my 1911 cocked and ready to fire. I was scared. I have no intention to shoot a Bigfoot but I was fearing for my safety. I turned off the generator and ran to my truck cab, started it up and took off. I ended up sleeping at the bottom of the mountain. The next day when I arrived home I saw the damage that the rock had done to my trailer. Bigfoot is my only conclusion.

Edited by Bigcathunter
  • Upvote 1

Who/ What threw the rocks?

Makes sense to me if a person is in some really deep wilderness, there are few if any people around to be the thrower. 

It is a given 'rocks' are normally thrown by people.  Does this mean if a rock is thrown the assumption should be a human person was the thrower?  I say yes unless proven otherwise.   What animal can really throw a rock?    Deer, racoons and so on are off the list of possible rock throwers.     

I'm not trying to say those who think Bigfoot threw the rock are wrong.  When I was a kid I remember hikers walking below us in the woods.   My friends and I quietly threw a few rocks down at these hikers taking great care not to throw too close as to hit them with the rock.  Doing so could have injured or even killed them.   That didn't stop us as we were kids.  They couldn't see us but we could see them.   After they left the area we moved on.  They likely left saying, "Someone threw some rocks at us."     They could have also said, "Some Bigfoot creature threw some rocks at us."    How do you prove them wrong.   What is really the difference? 

The main factor between the human thrower and any potential Bigfoot thrower is just how remote the area is.   Put another way, Can those who think Bigfoot threw the rock admit they would be less likely to think this if the woods in question were a well-traveled area?

Edited by Backdoc
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

........The main factor between the human thrower and any potential Bigfoot thrower is just how remote the area is.   Put another way, Can those who think Bigfoot threw the rock admit they would be less likely to think this if the woods in question were a well-traveled area?

Agreed. Event factors determine the possibilities. In the case if Mionczynski, he had already been awakened from within his tent by something that was brushing up against it, and saw the outline of a hand from the background of moonlight. After bailing from the tent with his sidearm, he started a fire and was sitting near it when he was occasionally pelted with pine cones. In this case he was in a remote location and it was at night. That doesn't prove that it wasn't a person, but it increases the unlikelihood. 

Bigcathunter...I don't envy you that experience and it is congruent with many other reports, and my own experience.  Curious if you saw the rock that was thrown, or deduced it was a rock from the mark it left on the trailer, or what  led to the conclusion that was what it was? I ask because there are plenty of reports of BF "counting coup" on structures, and wondering if it might be an example of that instead.

I guess at the end of the day, unexplained disappearances are just that.  The thing about braining somebody with a rock though is it would definitely leave forensic evidence, however slight.  I imagine if something as big and stealthy as  BF wanted to take you out, it could just about choose any place or time to just run up, grab you by the neck and snap you like a twig....no long-range tactics necessary. But that comes with more risk then a well aimed rock.  So why wouldn't a BF take deliberate aim at a person if it was really trying to solve a "you are in my space" issue? Given the near perfect record of always coming real close, but never making contact, you know a BF has the capability to inflict long-distance damage.  You can take a quick survey of all NA Indian names for BF and a lot (most?) of them are a variation on "thrower". It is one of their chief things. 

As for the idea that rocks can be thrown by people, so the most likely explanation for all rock throwing is they were thrown by people: Up to a point.  The rock that landed in the water of a small pond next to me  (Fairfax County VA side of the Potomac near Seneca) was not even a baseball sized one, and it came quite a distance to get there. It sounded liked the displacement/splash when you do a can opener off a diving board. Bowling ball sized rock, at least. Somewhere I once saw a video from possibly Montanana that showed boulders coming in ABOVE the tree line and landing in the trail near the witness. Definitely not within the human range of capabilities, unless they were packing a trebuchet.    

Edited by WSA

SSR Team
On 6/3/2022 at 10:25 AM, Backdoc said:

Can I submit this idea:  Maybe the rock was hurled at you with the intent to hurt or kill you and it just missed. 

I don't think they are aiming to hit people. If they wanted to hurt or kill you, they would use bigger rocks or do it themselves.

As a big, intelligent mammal, I would think Sasquatch knows what can hurt them and what cannot. It would make sense that they know humans are dangerous and unpredictable, especially if they evolved alongside us over the eons. Throwing a rock in a general direction toward someone should be enough to scare them off to avoid confrontation. Even if it did not and the human started confrontation, I think the Sasquatch would flee. Why risk your life when you are big and fast and can run away from something that you know is dangerous? Just my opinion on the matter from an ecological standpoint.

• Like 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic