General consensus on what Bigfoot is

Grub-Girl

1 hour ago, guyzonthropus said:

Hell, even just sexual dimorphism threw them for a loop! For example the male and female grand eclectus parrots were thought to be different species for a good long while because one is green and the other red and purple! And these ideas were formulated long before we were proficient at breeding anything but mammals and a few birds, so we didn't ready grasp the potentials at the time.

Sorry Guy, But Please watch your language in your sentences.  We all do it without thinking about it at times. Bigfoot is a big subject for everyone, even for the little ones who might pop in here from time to time.

• Upvote 1

Not a Chief. Just being Shadowborn.

If sasquatch exists, I believe there is a supernatural component. For a terrestrial mammal of their size it would be virtually impossible to exist and leave so little sign and to remain undetected in this modern world.

1 hour ago, Duckman said:

If sasquatch exists, I believe there is a supernatural component. For a terrestrial mammal of their size it would be virtually impossible to exist and leave so little sign and to remain undetected in this modern world.

But they are detected...........regularly. And they leave plenty of sign. It's just that the reported sightings and signs are ignored by the authorities responsible to investigate such phenomenon. For example, today, Congress is hearing testimony from people responsible to investigate.......and report..........unidentified aerial intrusions in our airspace. This after previous investigations and official reports stating that such reports were perfectly explainable, yet here we are (half a century later) with their own personnel now saying otherwise and them forced to account.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Huntster said:

.......For example, today, Congress is hearing testimony from people responsible to investigate.......and report..........unidentified aerial intrusions in our airspace. This after previous investigations and official reports stating that such reports were perfectly explainable, yet here we are (half a century later) with their own personnel now saying otherwise and them forced to account.

Oh, and in case you thought some information might be forthcoming, you were, of course, quite incorrect. They pretty much danced the same step as before, but admitted that some events defied explanation. They then assured the political class that there was no indication that these wild maneuvers were extraterrestrial, then kicked the journalists out for the classified hearing. Same old, same old. The bottom line is that they will never admit some things, even as it's running over them. National Security, you know............

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61474201

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

But they are detected...........regularly. And they leave plenty of sign. It's just that the reported sightings and signs are ignored by the authorities responsible to investigate such phenomenon. For example, today, Congress is hearing testimony from people responsible to investigate.......and report..........unidentified aerial intrusions in our airspace. This after previous investigations and official reports stating that such reports were perfectly explainable, yet here we are (half a century later) with their own personnel now saying otherwise and them forced to account.

Exactly, since they are detected regularly and leave so much "sign" they have to have an element of supernatural abilities for us to not have any real evidence. 

1 hour ago, Duckman said:

Exactly, since they are detected regularly and leave so much "sign" they have to have an element of supernatural abilities for us to not have any real evidence. 

Ever see a ghost leave footprints? 

On 5/17/2022 at 12:24 PM, Duckman said:

Agreed with some of that. As far as the supernatural part. Doubtful. More likely don't exist in the here and now. 

• Upvote 1

@PG --but if they do exist would you say they are garden-variety flesh and blood or do you think there is some element of non-terrestrial?

16 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

@PG --but if they do exist would you say they are garden-variety flesh and blood or do you think there is some element of non-terrestrial?

There is the possibility, very remote, that it could be both.  There is significant evidence of the flesh and blood type, sometimes referred to as wood apes.  There is also numerous reports that they are something more.  One theory of mine is that the wood apes among us are a relic population of a more evolved version of BFs that come and visit there distant kin from time to time.  Not saying I believe this, but it does align the data if you believe the alien/supernatural BF reports 

Before the question makes much sense the people discussing it need to come to some agreement on what defines paranormal, supernatural, etc.   Where does F&B end and "other stuff" begin?    I think you have to settle the issues of whether or not extraterrestrials exist and can get here, and whether paranormal / supernatural exists, in a scientific way, before it isn't a question of putting the cart before the horse when claiming bigfoot is any of those.

Just my opinion of course.

As I have said here and in other places, I think the paranormal appearances of events, which are rampant in the body of reports, are most likely the result of "stage magic" rather than "real magic", in other words, it is misdirection and sleight-of-hand, our attention directed elsewhere while the actual trick, which is "normal", is performed without our notice, but we're just too arrogant to admit, even to ourselves, that we've been fooled so we come up with nonsensical and fantastical rationalizations that we call explanations but aren't.    I think instinct to interpret rather than stopping at observation trips us up.   I think our desire to believe, and to be validated, outweighs our critical thinking.    Not always, but too often.   And so "woo" was born ...

MIB

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MIB said:

As I have said here and in other places, I think the paranormal appearances of events, which are rampant in the body of reports, are most likely the result of "stage magic" rather than "real magic", in other words, it is misdirection and sleight-of-hand, our attention directed elsewhere while the actual trick, which is "normal", is performed without our notice, but we're just too arrogant to admit, even to ourselves, that we've been fooled so we come up with nonsensical and fantastical rationalizations that we call explanations but aren't.    I think instinct to interpret rather than stopping at observation trips us up.   I think our desire to believe, and to be validated, outweighs our critical thinking.    Not always, but too often.   And so "woo" was born ...

THE best explanation I have read so far as to describe the “woo” in Sasquatch! In my opinion of course😊

The sasquatchs that I have had encounters with, I believe are definitely flesh and blood with unique natural characteristics. Is it possible that there are supernatural beings that are out there that are sasquatch like entities? I don't know, and I don't want to know. There is something to all this that is not palpal to me.

Edited by Doug

SSR Team

I have always been in the camp of hominoid. It just made the most since to me as a child and now. Bipedalism has only been seen in humans and early human ancestors, so anything else would be a bit hard to justify. Sure, chimps, gorillas, and Orangs can walk on 2 legs for a short time (mostly when their hands are full of fruit), but their hips (and leg bones) are not made to support bipedalism for very long. If Sasquatch were some other kind of primate (non-hominoid), we would need some form of evidence of bipedalism in the fossil record (which we don't, to my knowledge).

I don't immediately discount the "woo", but I don't have enough evidence to discount or support it. Classifying Sasquatch as a living hominoid would not be a big stretch of the imagination, as Dr. Meldrum recently posted an article which discussed the possibility of "The Hobbit" still being alive today.

Also, if we compare the reports/sightings with living primates, there is a lot of overlap in behavior- the odds of a supernatural being having the same behavior as a primate are very slim, essentially 0, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic