Primates Captured In Pennsylvania Woods

Grubfingers

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

The whole story is Abi Normal.

IIRC, that state had a famous vehicle crash with a load of bananas.

Yep, true story, 30,000 lbs, Scranton PA  https://www.songfacts.com/facts/harry-chapin/30000-pounds-of-bananas

eyegor (Igor) might have been on the cleanup squad on that for sure  

Edited by bipedalist
Slippery spelling

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Yeah, the whole story stinks. Monkeys for a "CDC-approved facility"? They're being hauled by a crappy driver in a freaking pickup truck? Did he/she have a commercial drivers license, or was it Igor? 

BC874930-9AE2-4DCF-AF13-F7899323B128.jpeg

I vote Fresh Market Eyegore!   Failed CDL due to expansive double trouble monkey vision~

Edited by bipedalist
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Have you seen mangy bears or hairless bears?

They look like primates. 

Even if the Jacob's photo is a primate, does not make it sasquatch offspring. 

More likely an escaped chimp which it is not. 

In over 40 years of baiting bears, and seeing countless ursines of two species, I've never seen a hairless bear. Not one.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Have you seen mangy bears or hairless bears?

They look like primates. 

Even if the Jacob's photo is a primate, does not make it sasquatch offspring. 

More likely an escaped chimp which it is not. 

Weirdest Bear I have ever seen. And it is not hairless.

I could easily go with Chimp. 

CC244171-07FF-46C6-A262-7E9C02D0B398.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, danthemandmv said:

Eyewitnesses pegged these two as the drivers ...

Clyde.jpg

"Right turn, Clyde."

• Haha 1

Still a bear and nothing else!

• Thanks 1

Admin

Dr. Mayor expanded on this unique discovery.

"Finding what appears to be a very large structure, seemingly created with intention and requiring great strength as well as foresight, is interesting. It is not unheard of for primates to stack sticks or rocks, although for me, the jury is still out as to what that was. There is no guess work in science. It is great is that eDNA was collected from that site. That may give us the answers we are looking for."

I know @hiflier contacted Dr. Mayor months ago when he was researching his eDNA project... 

Miroslava Munguia Ramos, project manager at the UCLA California Environmental DNA program, has analyzed the eDNA sample from the tree structure. Following are her observations.

"We received soil samples from your team and took a few months to get them processed. What we’re looking at are the unique organisms that we were able to identify. Our software does what’s known as metabar coding. So, it’ll match up all the DNA sequences that we were able to detect and try to cross reference them with the thousands of genomes that have been published and it’s pretty common that when we’re looking at environmental DNA samples, we detect humans, because there’s going be human traces almost everywhere."

"But what I found very interesting was that, yes, we have detected human DNA in these areas, but we’re still seeing different primate DNA. There wasn’t just one human primate, there are several different primates, some sort of primate relative that exists in the data."

"Pan troglodyte is a species of chimpanzee, which you would not see in the areas you’re at. It’s a real head scratcher. It’s important to note that the higher the detection, the more confidence we can say that whatever organism, whatever taxonomy we’re looking at was apparent in the area. And in this case, we’re looking at the Pan genus, or the chimpanzee genus…. there’s 3000 reads."

"The technology is constantly improving, it’s getting more accurate, and now it just really comes down to making sure we have enough samples and we’re confident that whatever we’re studying is a unique species."

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Still a bear and nothing else!

249C0B6E-6E47-4E9D-833F-02CDF15A38A9.thumb.jpeg.35ca47c0a1daf9b09aec23f110f8a3c9.jpeg

I don’t think so because that was never proven after all this time and it wasn’t proven to be a hoax either. What is known now is the size of this animal was finally determined to have 560mm long arms and a body that was 476mm long the entire figure was just under 4 feet tall. This was done with stakes and a wire model at the location in front of that actual tree. That accounted for any angles, or uneven ground it was standing on this after the Pennsylvania Game Commission couldn’t find it. 

C56F88C0-099A-415B-8B28-7A9107E67E73.jpeg.b33d1c0ff110a20cd8dde778afcd1457.jpeg

It was published by this chimpanzee expert in 2008 in an educational science journal for grade school age children not a fictional book.

It is that right foot that makes this creature a bear. You can see that it's foot is padded like a bear. He is a bear hunter so he was baiting for bear I believe when this first came out. I am still going with that it is a bear. 

4AC2323C-C74B-42A0-B55E-F039E0FA4882.thumb.png.d6174459664293851a0af252e6f2c875.png
E14B6206-F868-4DD6-B98A-18F68C7ECDAF.thumb.png.171fffb15a6989daef2c5a868b779574.png

I don’t know about that it was Fall and the cubs foot was completely covered in leaves. Then the one foot has a heel unlike a bear and the other must have leaves blocking the view of the heel and maybe the toe end in leaves. I can’t say for certain either way?

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

He is a bear hunter so he was baiting for bear I believe when this first came out. I am still going with that it is a bear. 

The news said he was a deer hunter it also said in the story it was a fruity deer bait. The first on the scene to investigate was Director of IT for the Roman Catholic Church and Bigfoot investigator shown here standing in the same spot as the creature. They reduced his size and placed him over top of the thing. His limbs should be longer but they are much shorter.

0A8F8537-6C51-489D-BA86-C7F15C150736.thumb.png.8a2d4c97b29fd02e82529d3563a1c577.png

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic