Cerutti Mastodon site

norseman

I've heard about this for years now. Seems our timeline may well be off. There's a number of dated artifacts suggesting humans or our ancestors were already in South America 30-40k years ago, an idea this mastodon site would support.

3 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

I've heard about this for years now. Seems our timeline may well be off. There's a number of dated artifacts suggesting humans or our ancestors were already in South America 30-40k years ago, an idea this mastodon site would support.

130,000 years ago? It’s likely that the hunters were not modern human.

Ok, so say H.erectus had a thing for land bridges, just couldn't resist em...finding the mother of all land bridges, they come over to this hemisphere, hang out for a while, evolve a bit, clean up all traces of definitive evidence of their stay here, and then catch the next land bridge back West to the east to participate in the western expansion of Homo erectus as outlined by the authors of You Are Bigfoot (remember that one from what, a decade ago or so?)

18 minutes ago, guyzonthropus said:

Ok, so say H.erectus had a thing for land bridges, just couldn't resist em...finding the mother of all land bridges, they come over to this hemisphere, hang out for a while, evolve a bit, clean up all traces of definitive evidence of their stay here, and then catch the next land bridge back West to the east to participate in the western expansion of Homo erectus as outlined by the authors of You Are Bigfoot (remember that one from what, a decade ago or so?)

No land bridge needed it seems.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/were-the-hobbits-ancestors-sailors-1231030/

There is becoming more and more evidence that something was here long before paleo Indians.

You are Bigfoot? Doesn’t ring a bell.

38 minutes ago, guyzonthropus said:

"Land bridges" are science fiction.

Prove otherwise.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/monkeys-raft-across-atlantic-twice-180974637/

In a strange twist of evolutionary history, the ancestors of modern South American monkeys such as the capuchin and woolly monkeys first came to the New World by floating across the Atlantic Ocean on mats of vegetation and earth.........

If they can float across the Atlantic on a mat of vegetation, they can walk across 50 miles of pack ice.

"Oh great! Another oceanic caravan of mat-monkeys!"

Ok, maybe not so much bridges but rather a series of interconnected peninsuli and ismuthes, formed and linked as sea levels dropped, a phenomena that would have impacted not only the Bering strait but also a fair portion of Indonesia where much of the interceding seas were/are relatively shallow and so periods of heavy glaciation would make these regions passable for we terrestrial and our plodding ways.

Norseman, as for something here prior to the Paleo indians.....well, as I'm sure you know......ancient astronaut theorists hold that.....heheheheh

Edited by guyzonthropus

6 minutes ago, guyzonthropus said:

"Oh great! Another oceanic caravan of mat-monkeys!"

Ok, maybe not so much bridges but rather a series of interconnected peninsuli and ismuthes, formed and linked as sea levels dropped, a phenomena that would have impacted not only the Bering strait but also a fair portion of Indonesia where much of the interceding seas were/are relatively shallow and so periods of heavy glaciation would make these regions passable for we terrestrial and our plodding ways.

Norseman, as for something here prior to the Paleo indians.....well, as I'm sure you know......ancient astronaut theorists hold that.....heheheheh

At this stage of the game? Conventional wisdom is failing us. Anything is possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

It's nothing for bears to swim many

miles. Bigfeet in southeast Alaska are reputed to swim quite well.

https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=954

The entire "land bridge" fantasy is just that. None of it has been proven, and there's plenty of strong evidence to suggest many other possibilities.

Cool article!

• Upvote 1

During glaciation periods the sea level dropped by hundreds of feet, turning shallow seas into grasslands and islands into mountain ranges. This explains the presence of animal species whose range includes disparate regions, like the Malay peninsula, Borneo and sumatra, and with the obligate mat-monkeys aside, it's a plausible explanation.

It's also thought that a lot of our cultural developments might well be evidenced by coastal settlements currently submerged by major glacial melt off following the last ice age. I'm kinda surprised there's not more folks exploring the continental shelves around the world looking for such signs of earlier societies.

Edited by guyzonthropus

23 minutes ago, guyzonthropus said:

During glaciation periods the sea level dropped by hundreds of feet, turning shallow seas into grasslands and islands into mountain ranges. This explains the presence of animal species whose range includes disparate regions, like the Malay peninsula, Borneo and sumatra, and with the obligate mat-monkeys aside, it's a plausible explanation.

It's also thought that a lot of our cultural developments might well be evidenced by coastal settlements currently submerged by major glacial melt off following the last ice age. I'm kinda surprised there's not more folks exploring the continental shelves around the world looking for such signs of earlier societies.

True. The Aleutian Islands may have been a southerly chain of stepping stones bypassing Berengia entirely.

9 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

During glaciation periods the sea level dropped by hundreds of feet........

That's the storyline, but I'm more skeptical than ever before. I suppose I've come to distrust unproven science, especially when it comes to such wild claims like that and how such claims are used as tools to manipulate our behaviors and economic activity. 

Taking 250' of ocean level around the planet, turning it to ice, then stacking that on the land surfaces while simultaneously leaving your new, magical, arctic "land bridges" ice free (not to mention the tropics and sub-tropics) is quite a trick. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

That's the storyline, but I'm more skeptical than ever before. I suppose I've come to distrust unproven science, especially when it comes to such wild claims like that and how such claims are used as tools to manipulate our behaviors and economic activity. 

Taking 250' of ocean level around the planet, turning it to ice, then stacking that on the land surfaces while simultaneously leaving your new, magical, arctic "land bridges" ice free (not to mention the tropics and sub-tropics) is quite a trick. 

I think its true. Albeit just a natural cycle that the earth is in. I take interest in underwater cities. They are found in India, middle east, Japan, Egypt. And probably numerous other areas as well undiscovered.

https://www.flynote.com/blog/dwarka-holiest-underwater-city-of-india-dwarka/

1B326409-497D-452B-8FD9-BE114648C66B.jpeg

4 hours ago, norseman said:

.......I take interest in underwater cities. They are found in India, middle east, Japan, Egypt. And probably numerous other areas as well undiscovered.........

Any of those cities at a depth of 300'+? Because that's the depth of the Bering Strait.