Cerutti Mastodon site

norseman

5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Any of those cities at a depth of 300'+? Because that's the depth of the Bering Strait.

No. But none of these cities are 12000 years old either. More like 4000-5000 years old.

The one in Japan is like 80 feet down. The one in India is only like 30 feet down.

Either way I think oceans have been rising for a very long time. At some point I think it’s going to go the other way.

38 minutes ago, norseman said:

No. But none of these cities are 12000 years old either. More like 4000-5000 years old.

The one in Japan is like 80 feet down. The one in India is only like 30 feet down.

Either way I think oceans have been rising for a very long time. At some point I think it’s going to go the other way.

From your National Park Service:

https://www.nps.gov/articles/aps-v12-i2-c8.htm

........The Bering Land Bridge formed during the glacial periods of the last 2.5 million years. Every time an ice age began, a large proportion of the world’s water got locked up in massive continental ice sheets.

This draw-down of the world’s liquid water supply caused major drops in sea level: up to 328’ (100 m) or more. Because the basins beneath the Chukchi and Bering seas are relatively shallow, they became dry land during glacial intervals. For perhaps 80% of the last million years, Alaska has been joined to Siberia by this land bridge...........

So, according to them, we currently live in the minority of times when Asia and North America are not physically connected. 

Do you accept that

They claim that the last ice age ended 14,500 years ago, and the land bridge flooded 11,000 years ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beringia#Beringian_refugium

Neat story. Makes for some fun documentaries. But, frankly, it looks to me that Noah's flood is the real thing if ocean levels have raised 350' in 11,000 years (0.38" per year). The scientists now are falling all over each other with predictions of an inch over the next century (and since they've been predicting this, I haven't seen squat...........in fact despite living well over a half century at sea level, I haven't seen any change whatsoever, let alone the 2' rise that I should have statistically seen). That's nothing compared to what has supposedly already occurred, but it's a "crisis", and only a tax will fix it.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

From your National Park Service:

https://www.nps.gov/articles/aps-v12-i2-c8.htm

So, according to them, we currently live in the minority of times when Asia and North America are not physically connected. 

Do you accept that

They claim that the last ice age ended 14,500 years ago, and the land bridge flooded 11,000 years ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beringia#Beringian_refugium

Neat story. Makes for some fun documentaries. But, frankly, it looks to me that Noah's flood is the real thing if ocean levels have raised 350' in 11,000 years (0.38" per year). The scientists now are falling all over each other with predictions of an inch over the next century (and since they've been predicting this, I haven't seen squat...........in fact despite living well over a half century at sea level, I haven't seen any change whatsoever, let alone the 2' rise that I should have statistically seen). That's nothing compared to what has supposedly already occurred, but it's a "crisis", and only a tax will fix it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacial_period

Berengia has came and gone numerous times. With cross pollination happening both ways. Horses went one way and elephants came the other way, etc, etc.

If we go far enough back in time? Antarctica was a temperate forest full of marsupials. 

One survivor that will probably never return to it home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothofagus_moorei

Science may not be right 100 percent of the time. But I fully accept that the earth is forever changing. 

Also, the flood, I see it as a story older than Noah.

https://www.historywiz.com/flood.htm

It was a glacial dam break like lake Missoula, involving the formation of the Black Sea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis

We are in the weeds here….

Is it possible that something got to North America before modern humans? I say absolutely.

• Upvote 1

Look at the topography map on google earth. It clearly shows where the land around the continents used to be before it was underwater. There was land between Siberia and Alaska connecting Chukotka Peninsula and Seward Peninsula.

33 minutes ago, norseman said:

.........Science may not be right 100 percent of the time. But I fully accept that the earth is forever changing........

I also accept accept change on Earth, and I'd estimate the science climate theories as batting 0.100, at best.

.........Also, the flood, I see it as a story older than Noah........

If Beringia was last flooded 11,000 years ago like they believe (with "believe" being the key word), and Noah living 4,000 years ago, and if the ocean level hasn't changed in tye past 4,000 years.........what does that mean for the period 11,000-4000 years ago?

........Is it possible that something got to North America before modern humans? I say absolutely.

And if the "land bridge" is meaningless because monkeys can travel across the Atlantic on floating vegetation mats, then animals can travel from Siberia to Alaska, a short 50 miles, on tsunami debris or pack ice..........or even swimming.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

I also accept accept change on Earth, and I'd estimate the science climate theories as batting 0.100, at best.

If Beringia was last flooded 11,000 years ago like they believe (with "believe" being the key word), and Noah living 4,000 years ago, and if the ocean level hasn't changed in tye past 4,000 years.........what does that mean for the period 11,000-4000 years ago?

And if the "land bridge" is meaningless because monkeys can travel across the Atlantic on floating vegetation mats, then animals can travel from Siberia to Alaska, a short 50 miles, on tsunami debris or pack ice..........or even swimming.

1) I think science has a lot of evidence of the past. Where it goes off the rails is trying to predict the future…. Even say one decade. Let alone 10,000 years.

2) Science says the waters have been rising since the end of the last ice age. And will do so until the start of the next one. Like Yellowstone erupting? It’s due to start at any time.

3) Well a human or a Bigfoot is not the size of a Monkey floating on vegetation. But pack ice? There is a whole theory on that.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0886500/

43 minutes ago, Doug said:

Look at the topography map on google earth. It clearly shows where the land around the continents used to be before it was underwater.........

That's called a "continental shelf".

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

That's called a "continental shelf".

Which, 18,000 years ago was mostly dry land. Biologists have found land plant and land animal fossils out in the continental shelf between Siberia and Alaska, such as spruce and mastodon teeth.

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

The story of Noah is a fairy tale.

In anthropology, it's called oral tradition. A "fairy tale" is defined as "a children's story about magical and imaginary beings and lands". 

If the planet's oceans (over 70% of the Earth's surface) suddenly rose well over 325', then remained static for the past several thousand years, that would certainly be the source of oral flood stories among Stone Age peoples long enough to be finally recorded when mankind finally got around to recording history.

Or, as you imply, perhaps the entire story (whether from history or our current crop of self appointed theorists) is all Bravo Sierra? Because this is for sure:

1) The current sea level has remained static for at least the past five thousand years, even as they claim it was just 11,000 years ago that fauna was walking across Beringia,

2) Not only is it possible for both humans and fauna to cross the current straits on ice, it occurs almost annually, despite the political climate forbidding it,

3) The crossing on small craft (we call them umiaks here) has also been accomplished regularly over recorded human history, and it is known "scientifically" (the magic word here) to have occurred well before recorded human history.

No magical appearing/disappearing land bridge needed whatsoever, and no need to remove and magically stack a volume of water that is 140,000,000 square miles times 325' deep (which would give you a very narrow, muddy isthmus.........add another 50' of depth for the magical grasslands).

Think critically. If there is any "magical and imaginary beings and lands" involved here, it's the supposed land bridge of 11,000 years ago, and there are most certainly many fairies inhabiting our academia where this fairy tale originated...........

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

Which, 18,000 years ago was mostly dry land.........

Your climate wizards are claiming 11,000 years, not 18,000:

https://cp.copernicus.org/preprints/cp-2017-11/cp-2017-11.pdf

So which is it? The Book of Genesis is dated to 4000 years ago, over a third of the way back to this land bridge, yet our coastlines have remained static this entire time. That means this unbelievable flooding occurred before recorded human history. 

........Biologists have found land plant and land animal fossils out in the continental shelf between Siberia and Alaska, such as spruce and mastodon teeth.

Reference, please.

Spruce logs float and sink. Mastadons can die on the ice, then sink when the ice melts.

C'mon, you can do better than that.............

10 hours ago, norseman said:

........I think science has a lot of evidence of the past. Where it goes off the rails is trying to predict the future….

I say that they're just as wrong when interpreting the evidence of the past.

16 minutes ago, Huntster said:

........The Book of Genesis is dated to 4000 years ago, over a third of the way back to this land bridge, yet our coastlines have remained static this entire time. That means this unbelievable flooding occurred before recorded human history........

So, if our coastlines have remained static for the past 5,000 years (the period of recorded human history), and this land bridged closed 11,000 years ago, and the minimum depth for this land bridge to be exposed is, say, 200', then the water rose that 200' in just 7,000 years, or an average of 0.34" per year, or 1 yard per century. 

.........or, more likely, it came up in jumps and spurts, right? "Floods". Mega-floods. Really, really big ones. Lots of them. 

And the waters didn't recede.

So, what?: All of a sudden, the world's oceans rose a foot? Five feet? Ten? Then did it again a century or three later? 

The climate wizards are spending your tax dollars on audio/visual shows on the effects of a 10' rise:

https://www.climate.gov/maps-data/dataset/sea-level-rise-map-viewer

Go ahead........"visualize" it.

Their predictions?: By 2050, the average rise will be 4 to 8 inches along the Pacific, 10 to 14 inches along the Atlantic, and 14 to 18 inches along the Gulf.

https://www.wired.com/story/sea-level-rise-will-be-catastrophic-and-unequal/

This is the kind of ocean level rising required to cover Beringia in 7,000 years, and the proof should be in the pudding in a short 27 years. By 2050, we'll see if these "scientists" are wizards or fairies..........

2 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

The story of Noah is a fairy tale.

It may not be. It may have a kernel of truth to it. As the story is much older than Noah. The flooding of the Black sea at the end of the last ice age.

https://youtu.be/mZokOcLj-Dc

Stanford biologist Paul Ehrlich, the celebrated author of The Climate Bomb, wrote in The Population Bomb in 1968:

..........by the year 2000 the United Kingdom will be simply a small group of impoverished islands, inhabited by some 70 million hungry people … If I were a gambler, I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000..........

The population of Great Britain in 2000 was fewer than 60 million. Shoulda' taken his bet, and laid big money down. 

In 1990, Dr. Michael Oppenheimer with The Environmental Defense Fund wrote:

..........By 1995, the greenhouse effect would be desolating the heartlands of North America and Eurasia with horrific drought, causing crop failures and food riots…”(By 1996) The Platte River of Nebraska would be dry, while a continent-wide black blizzard of prairie topsoil will stop traffic on interstates, strip paint from houses and shut down computers…The Mexican police will round up illegal American migrants surging into Mexico seeking work as field hands..........