Cerutti Mastodon site

norseman

Mark Twain:

.........it is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled..........

38 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Mark Twain:

So what’s your take on the Mastodon find? Is it a 130,000 year old kill site? And if it is? Who was the culprit? 

31 minutes ago, norseman said:

So what’s your take on the Mastodon find?.........

I'm most impressed with the fact that all the layers of hurtles were surmounted in order to build another sorely needed freeway, which is how the bones were found.

....... Is it a 130,000 year old kill site?........

Maybe.

......And if it is? Who was the culprit? 

I don't know. And neither does anybody else. So, since there's already more than enough conjecture involved, with no need for more, I'll let the current academic wranglers jockey their positions. I'm a combat engineer. I like freeways. Old bones do nothing for me but present pointy-headed experts stopping transportation progress.

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

I'm most impressed with the fact that all the layers of hurtles were surmounted in order to build another sorely needed freeway, which is how the bones were found.

Maybe.

I don't know. And neither does anybody else. So, since there's already more than enough conjecture involved, with no need for more, I'll let the current academic wranglers jockey their positions. I'm a combat engineer. I like freeways. Old bones do nothing for me but present pointy-headed experts stopping transportation progress.

Your no fun!

I own a belly dump again. So I hear what your saying! Need to find a road job!

8C3D3D9B-51D3-4A3C-A023-581793660C33.jpeg

• Haha 1

You'd do well here, norseman, they're widening the freeway through the Fraser Valley, probably another couple of years before it's done. My youngest boy, Rick, is a heavy equipment operator, and just got on the project, working at a pit and materials screening site just 8 km (5 mi) from my home. He preps the loads during the day, and the trucks haul them out at night to avoid too much traffic disruption.

I don't see many belly dumps or side dumps here, though. All the fill and gravel is moved by truck and transfer, or truck and pup. The valley is crawling with them!

Edited by BC witness
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BC witness said:

You'd do well here, norseman, they're widening the freeway through the Fraser Valley, probably another couple of years before it's done. My youngest boy, Rick, is a heavy equipment operator, and just got on the project, working at a pit and materials screening site just 8 km (5 mi) from my home. He preps the loads during the day, and the trucks haul them out at night to avoid too much traffic disruption.

I don't see many belly dumps or side dumps here, though. All the fill and gravel is moved by truck and transfer, or truck and pup. The valley is crawling with them!

Every region has its flavor. Denver and New Mexico is almost all end dumps.

On 7/10/2022 at 10:38 AM, Huntster said:

That's the storyline, but I'm more skeptical than ever before. I suppose I've come to distrust unproven science, especially when it comes to such wild claims like that and how such claims are used as tools to manipulate our behaviors and economic activity. 

Taking 250' of ocean level around the planet, turning it to ice, then stacking that on the land surfaces while simultaneously leaving your new, magical, arctic "land bridges" ice free (not to mention the tropics and sub-tropics) is quite a trick. 

I could not agree more. 

Great posts and thanks for sharing. 

• 1 year later...

The Cerutti Mastodon site has major problems. The excavation occurred for about 4 months----end of 1992  into 1993 and then it was buried to finish road construction. Seems like discovering bones is done with excavators and backhoes. The bones were found 9' down under sediments that were called "unnamed Pleistocene stream deposits". My read on that is flood / GLOF, Glacial Lake Outburst Flood. Faunal deposits are the signature of GLOF. The flood waters sorted bones by density and size. Other animal bones were found but there isn't much information on them. The site lacks signs of human presence. Round shaped rocks are from beach and river mechanics. The cobbles designated as the stone tools for anvil-strike crushing action have fracture surfaces that are too clean. The fracture surfaces do not have the same weathering and chemical action that the rest of the stone had due to being buried for 130,000 years.

The site was found over 30 years ago. I am not around 'bone world' but it appears that no one is interested these days. Perhaps some good California flooding will reveal some new finds.

Washington State has the 'Manus Mastodon', killed about 12,000 years ago by humans. Discovered by a backhoe operation. The brown stuff between its toes was slow running hunter. Identified as killed by humans when a 'point' was found embedded in a bone. The point was made from a bone that was sourced from another Mastodon. Paleo-recycling.

Without signs of human activity, old bones are simply old bones.

46 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

The Cerutti Mastodon site has major problems. The excavation occurred for about 4 months----end of 1992  into 1993 and then it was buried to finish road construction. Seems like discovering bones is done with excavators and backhoes. The bones were found 9' down under sediments that were called "unnamed Pleistocene stream deposits". My read on that is flood / GLOF, Glacial Lake Outburst Flood. Faunal deposits are the signature of GLOF. The flood waters sorted bones by density and size. Other animal bones were found but there isn't much information on them. The site lacks signs of human presence. Round shaped rocks are from beach and river mechanics. The cobbles designated as the stone tools for anvil-strike crushing action have fracture surfaces that are too clean. The fracture surfaces do not have the same weathering and chemical action that the rest of the stone had due to being buried for 130,000 years.

The site was found over 30 years ago. I am not around 'bone world' but it appears that no one is interested these days. Perhaps some good California flooding will reveal some new finds.

Washington State has the 'Manus Mastodon', killed about 12,000 years ago by humans. Discovered by a backhoe operation. The brown stuff between its toes was slow running hunter. Identified as killed by humans when a 'point' was found embedded in a bone. The point was made from a bone that was sourced from another Mastodon. Paleo-recycling.

Without signs of human activity, old bones are simply old bones.

Mainstream science wishes it had major problems…. The boots on the ground hold firm it’s a kill site.

Boots on the ground found a faunal deposit. Floods and GLOF tend to break up what is being carried along.  Again, the 'hammer stone' and 'anvil' stones are too clean on the fracture sides.

More work needs to be done in this area of California.

7 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

Boots on the ground found a faunal deposit. Floods and GLOF tend to break up what is being carried along.  Again, the 'hammer stone' and 'anvil' stones are too clean on the fracture sides.

More work needs to be done in this area of California.

You didn’t watch the video. Get back to me when you do.

The video is dated. A panel of authors is a panel of authors. They won't back down. The Cerutti artifacts are a tourist attraction.

2015 the age for CM was determined to be 130,000 plus or minus 9,400 years.

A paper was submitted in 2016 for the actions of unidentified species of Homo at CM.

The paper was accepted in 2017.

In 2019, the CM paper was critiqued and dumped upon.

https://archeothoughts.wordpress.com/2019/03/28/the-cerutti-mastodon-claim-is-further-weakened-by-ferrells-analysis/

The boots on the ground squads enjoy beating each other like a rug.

Get back to me after you read the analysis by Ferrells.

10 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

The video is dated. A panel of authors is a panel of authors. They won't back down. The Cerutti artifacts are a tourist attraction.

2015 the age for CM was determined to be 130,000 plus or minus 9,400 years.

A paper was submitted in 2016 for the actions of unidentified species of Homo at CM.

The paper was accepted in 2017.

In 2019, the CM paper was critiqued and dumped upon.

https://archeothoughts.wordpress.com/2019/03/28/the-cerutti-mastodon-claim-is-further-weakened-by-ferrells-analysis/

The boots on the ground squads enjoy beating each other like a rug.

Get back to me after you read the analysis by Ferrells.

I have read it. I find the argument lacking. 

I will have to find it. But the boots on the ground scientists went to Africa and used hammer and anvil techniques on elephant bones. The results are quite convincing. 

It’s my theory that mainstream science concocted the heavy machinery theory based solely on the 130,000 year old date that they simply will not accept….. if the Cerutti mastadon site was dated to 15,000 years ago? Mainstream science would have celebrated it. 

I will keep looking.

I did find this. It’s a comment or a rebuttal to this video.

IMG_1573.png