Ketchum 2.0

See-Te-Cah NC

1 minute ago, norseman said:

They saw them as wild men.......

Exactly what Margaryan has claimed to prove.

.........No. Not really anything like that. Svante Paabo is not Melba Ketchum either….

How not? Ketchum claims they're a hybrid with Homo Sapien mdna and a novel ndna. They can interbreed with Homo sapiens. Science has claimed the same of Neanderthals and Denisovans.

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

Does it address Dr. Disotell's ambiguous announcement? You know the one, right? Where he hinted LOUDLY that the nest builders were genus Homo?

Could you please tell me where I might find this document/study/announcement?

6 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Could you please tell me where I might find this document/study/announcement?

Just to be clear, Madison, I'm the one who is making the claim that the nests were built by Humans. And that's based on the FACT that genus Homo was in the samples. Dr. Disotell himself did not say "Humans built the nests." He only basically said that only degraded Human DNA was in the samples. But you can judge it for yourself. In the meantime, I'll try to find Dr. Meldrum's nearly identical announcement a few months prior to Disotell's:

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/wildthing/episodes/S1-E9-Why-We-Want-To-Believe-e2okn3

Catmandoo! Earthgirls ARE easy!! And earthboys can't be that much more difficult, boys will be boys after all. 

Here I was just making an ancient aliens referrence"I'm not saying it's aliens, but.....it's aliens! " sorta thing. Of course I've never been one much for angelic intervention playing a role in the planet's evolutionary pathway. 

Phaige! Wow! Long time no see! 

17 hours ago, Huntster said:

Exactly what Margaryan has claimed to prove.

How not? Ketchum claims they're a hybrid with Homo Sapien mdna and a novel ndna. They can interbreed with Homo sapiens. Science has claimed the same of Neanderthals and Denisovans.

Novel? Like angels?🤦🏻‍♂️

On 6/9/2023 at 1:40 PM, hiflier said:

We need good whole cell samples in order to get nuclear DNA though

You need a convergence.    You need those cells, but you also need them collected in circumstances where someone with sufficient funds for the testing is will to use those funds.    We've (IMHO, anyway) had the samples in hand.   The testing was started .. screening, anyway.   When what was found didn't match the preferred paradigm of the day regarding the genetic nature of bigfoot, testing was ceased because testing was very expensive and the samples were destroyed appropriately for bio-waste.     We need that to happen again with someone willing to move forward regardless of cost.

Just read the post that suggested bipedalism might have arose twice, once in African apes, and once in Asian apes. This got me thinking ( "uh oh, here we go again... ") what would prevent African bipeds from hooking up with Asian bipedal relatives on route with the African outward expansion? God knows it was basically an after hours party with all the sex-monkeys(hominids) walking around. "Hey! Look who's standing upright these days!" Who can say just how many possibly viable offspring might come from such ongoing waves of contact and integration, or what forms might arise from generations of such " hybrids" comingling their hominid DNAs? Obviously we made it to the Bering straight, and I'd think it foolhardy to think it was only once. So this mandated our crossing considerable terrain on the way there, and since I somehow doubt abstinence was viewed as a virtue just yet, i'd think we/they were "hybridizing"(I think this is as good a term as any...)their way across asia, and then up the coast towards the straight. Then, if they reached that region during a nonglaciated period, and there was no land bridge/lowered sea levels permitting a crossing, they set up camp and figuratively plugged in the disco lights. "Let's Hybridize, baby! " if they reached those higher latitudes long before the next glaciation, they'd have good opportunity to gain size and mass as the habitat cooled, especially if the population had a thing for tall "people" (since one must always include sexual selection as a a factor of evolution, just look at what male birds of paradise go through for a date!) All of which could result in any number of forms that end up crossing at the next drop of sea level. Repeat as needed, or possible in light of sea level cycles. If all the other hominids had perspectives similarly "open minded" to liaisons with "hey, she's mostly upright!" forms other than their own as sapiens has demonstrated, there's little question such things would arise at such bottlenecks/ blockades of locational progress.

Edited by guyzonthropus
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, guyzonthropus said:

Just read the post that suggested bipedalism might have arose twice, once in African apes, and once in Asian apes. This got me thinking ( "uh oh, here we go again... ") what would prevent African bipeds from hooking up with Asian bipedal relatives on route with the African outward expansion? God knows it was basically an after hours party with all the sex-monkeys(hominids) walking around. "Hey! Look who's standing upright these days!" Who can say just how many possibly viable offspring might come from such ongoing waves of contact and integration, or what forms might arise from generations of such " hybrids" comingling their hominid DNAs? Obviously we made it to the Bering straight, and I'd think it foolhardy to think it was only once. So this mandated our crossing considerable terrain on the way there, and since I somehow doubt abstinence was viewed as a virtue just yet, i'd think we/they were "hybridizing"(I think this is as good a term as any...)their way across asia, and then up the coast towards the straight. Then, if they reached that region during a nonglaciated period, and there was no land bridge/lowered sea levels permitting a crossing, they set up camp and figuratively plugged in the disco lights. "Let's Hybridize, baby! " if they reached those higher latitudes long before the next glaciation, they'd have good opportunity to gain size and mass as the habitat cooled, especially if the population had a thing for tall "people" (since one must always include sexual selection as a a factor of evolution, just look at what male birds of paradise go through for a date!) All of which could result in any number of forms that end up crossing at the next drop of sea level. Repeat as needed, or possible in light of sea level cycles. If all the other hominids had perspectives similarly "open minded" to liaisons with "hey, she's mostly upright!" forms other than their own as sapiens has demonstrated, there's little question such things would arise at such bottlenecks/ blockades of locational progress.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-17239059

Too big of a split. Anything that evolved bipedally from an Asian great ape line? Is 14 million years distant from humans.

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Like in published storyline...........you know, a novel:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Descent_of_Man,_and_Selection_in_Relation_to_Sex

Show me a peer reviewed paper that Melba has novel primate DNA.

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

.........Show me a peer reviewed paper that Melba has novel primate DNA.

https://sasquatchgenomeproject.org/linked/novel-north-american-hominins-final-pdf-download.pdf

...........In summary, we have extracted, analyzed and sequenced DNA from over one hundred separate samples of hair, tissue, toenail, bark scrapings, saliva and blood obtained from scores of collection sites throughout North America. Hair morphology was not consistent with human or any known wildlife hairs. DNA analysis showed two distinctly different types of results; the mitochondrial DNA was unambiguously human, while the nuclear DNA was shown to harbor novel structure and sequence. All known ape and relic hominin species such as Neanderthal and Denisovan were excluded as being contributors to both the nuclear and mitochondrial sequences. Analysis of whole genome sequence and analysis of preliminary phylogeny trees from the Sasquatch indicated that the species possesses a novel mosaic pattern of nuclear DNA comprising novel sequences that are related to primates interspersed with sequences that are closely homologous to humans. These data clearly support that these hominins exist as a novel species of primate. The data further suggests that they are human hybrids originating from human females. This hybridization can be likened to humans with Denisovan admixture resulting from Denisovan males mating with human females103. The same type of mating potentially occurred with Sasquatch; however, in the case of Sasquatch, the admixture is human. Though preliminary analysis supports the hybridization hypothesis, alternatively, it could also be hypothesized that the Sasquatch are human in origin, having been isolated in closed breeding populations for thousands of years. Nevertheless, the data conclusively proves that the Sasquatch exist as an extant hominin and are a direct maternal descendent of modern humans.

Well, that we know of.. A lot of Asian habitats arent  overly conducive to effective fossilization, so we don't really know who or what was present when. Sure the divergence of the currently extent species of pongids would imply such hybridization unlikely or impossible, but then none of them, African or Asian, may have come across as "upright enough" to our intrepid travelers. It's possible that significantly earlier waves of outward expansion occurred, resulting in the speciation of these outliers as they adapted to new habitats and predators, which were then encountered as residents of the"new lands" crossed by later forms of hominids. 

And yes, I realize that the possible potentials left open by a lacking fossil record may almost feel like the religious "well God did it" rationaliziation, but with all the different routes different forms may have taken, for whatever reason is applicable to a specific species and it's particular needs, as that species'  expansion/relocation took place does reduce the likelihood we moderns may have found evidence of it, which in turn increases the possibility these may have occurred, if that makes any sense, unbeknownst to us as we construct our models of the past. We don't really know just how much relocating any known or unknown species within our tree/bush may have engaged in or why. It could well be some unknown form outcompeted some other unknown form, pressing them to find new territory or fail as an emerging species, which in all likelihood, most emerging species did, in that they're no longer players in this hominid lottery.

13 minutes ago, norseman said:

“Peer reviewed” would not be a link to her webpage Huntster….. nice try.

Their work had been peer reviewed. Need links to that?

9 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Their work had been peer reviewed. Need links to that?

Sure! Nature magazine would work.👍

How do we account for H.floresiensis? All of a sudden a bunch of short people thought "you know, I ain't afraid of no 10'+ predatory lizard! Let's move to the Sunda straight!" Seems to me, by the location pressed up against a formidable obstacle to cross( the currents between There and Australia) that hobbits may well have been either pressed to relocate southwardly or that the Flores population represents the last vestige of the diminutive species, which had been overlooked or ignored by previous waves of larger hominid(or there is the possibility of scouts for that next wave imparting "no, let's not stop there, the lizards are REALLY REALLY  big on those islands there") until a wave came through with sufficiently effective anti-komodo dragon technology who thought to stay a while and wiped the hobbits out(unless they're still there) Yet somehow the genetic reconfiguration that resulted in the little fellas occurred. I'd guess there were a number of intermediary species that arose during the progression to the form of H.floresiensis. And personally, it strikes me as unlikely they were the only such offshoot to arise. The main reason those were even found was due to them having some cave based behaviors, rather than finding fossils buried under forest debris. I think it pretty directly implies there were a whole lot more species, almost species, and "we could been a contender" species of hominid than our current models account for or might accept. Amongst lifeforms, countless species arise, or almost arise, "trying out" different features, traits and adaptations, only to fail in the short or longrun, leaving a hole in network of a habitat we've yet to even realize existed. I'd guess that the "Bush of Humanity" had a lot more branches, stems and offshoots, than we currently consider, and that most of those were either absorbed genetically(sex-monkey theory) killed off by other hominids, or taken by a shifting environment to which they couldn't adjust, or simply didn't. 

• Upvote 1