Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

BFF Patron

This question is for DDA: is there actually a pre-apple experiment picture of the turnoff mud area the day before the

cast was made as alluded to by Bobbie Short's post?

I don't recall from previous discussions if one was ever posted is my reason for asking?

If one exists it would be nice to see (esp. if it is detailed).

Guest StankApe

A Bigfoot stumbling around in the dark, lured by the smell of delicious moldering apples, tripped over a bedded down Elk, resulting in an embarrassing kerfuffle of flailing Elk and Bigfoot appendages - resulting in a "lay" with characteristics of both creatures.....

(please?)

Just kidding... thought i'd try to lighten the mood a bit is all...

Art

This word is not used NEARLY enough!!

What a complete load of CRAP!!! Rick and I never made up anything. If Brian Smith said any of those thing then he lying.

Also DDA, you and I were upset over custody of the cast. Once you got it in your possession you decided it could not come back to my house. Then there was the loaned money and the Randy crap. Sorry man, just keeping the record straight. I do not want to rehash it, but those are the facts.

I have a million things I can say about the cast and the events leading up to it, but what a waste of time that would be. Shame to, it's a pretty interesting topic. Problem is, all you people who weren't there seem to know more about it than those of us that were there. You all take the fun out of the topic. Oh well, better things to do anyways. We didn't do everything perfectly, but we did the best we could with what we had. Excuse us for trying to provide evidence. I thought that's what researchers did.

This field of research is less fun everyday. Nobody believes anything or anybody. I tell you what though, as far as my involvement with the Sierra shooting, or the Skookum cast, I'd take a lie detector test to back up any info I've given on either event.

DR

Guest RedRatSnake

I have a million things I can say about the cast and the events leading up to it, but what a waste of time that would be. Shame to, it's a pretty interesting topic. Problem is, all you people who weren't there seem to know more about it than those of us that were there.

We have to go by what has been posted on the BFRO and other sites, For the most part a lot of the info is confusing and misleading.

I think everyone here wants to know that truth but that's hard to get when even the folks there seem to be at odds sometimes, could you help some ~ ?

I have argued that most of the folks there wanted BF evidence and that mud wallow was very convenient and easily fit the bill, can you please pitch in and help us find some answers.

Tim ~ :thumbsup:

Also DDA, you and I were upset over custody of the cast. Once you got it in your possession you decided it could not come back to my house. Then there was the loaned money and the Randy crap. Sorry man, just keeping the record straight. I do not want to rehash it, but those are the facts.

DR

Derek, I wasn't upset over the cast custody. The cast wasn't finished or protected and there was no one better suited to do so than me. Where would the cast be right now if I didn't have it? You were getting phone calls from Europe to bring it over. The money loaned came with the words no rush to pay back or that it didn't even need to be payed back... then you paid me a visit with your friends and a lame excuse that you needed the money since you bought your buddy a motorcycle. The Randy picture is what got me upset. I brought you in on the picture and then you tried to buy it behind my back. That set the tone for everything that happened afterwards. I don't like it when things like the Randy picture happens. It told me that similar things could happen in the future.

The cast is in storage, in a very strong wooden box on wheels, sealed. It looks as good as the day after you let others clean it without me being there.

I

Incidentally, the picture below was originally posted by DDA. I just found it in my files.

SKRN624.jpg

This is an elk imprint made at an elk farm. It was done for comparison a few weeks after the cast was made.

This question is for DDA: is there actually a pre-apple experiment picture of the turnoff mud area the day before the

cast was made as alluded to by Bobbie Short's post?

I don't recall from previous discussions if one was ever posted is my reason for asking?

If one exists it would be nice to see (esp. if it is detailed).

I don't know if there is a picture of the area from the day before. I certainly didn't take one. I didn't think the area right there would produce any tracks so never gave it a second look after the very first day I was there, and no I didn't take a picture on that first day either.

If Bobbie Short claims there is then why hasn't she posted it here or on her own site or given it to Perez? Or is this something she just heard from someone claiming there was a picture the day before at the site?

Guest Kerchak

Problem is, all you people who weren't there seem to know more about it than those of us that were there.

Nail on the head. That's the problem with the internet and armchair know it alls.

Nail on the head. That's the problem with the internet and armchair know it alls.

Some of us armchairs are good at recognizing animal sign from hunting experience and being exposed to fauna and their habits. :)

BTW, I think the videos are excellent for showing the area and the impression combined with the photos.

damndirtyape: How much did it cost to process/cast that? Thank you.

Edited by 127

There were three people that right from the get go had a beef with the BFRO and MM. Crook, Schafer and Neiss. Only Neiss has actually seen the cast. He is the one who grafittied all over the forest and tried to sneak into our campsite during the expedition. He invited his way into the Animal X filming at the Lecia facility in Fife and made his own video as did **** Grover, who met him there.

MM did not make the impression nor the cast. The BFRO did not make the impression nor the cast. Derek, Fish and Myself made the cast. We three found the impression. Derek and Leroy baited the site.

I went on the expedition under the condition that what I find I keep, what I cast I keep, what I take a picture of I keep. MM agreed. I provided all the casting material used in the cast. I provided the back up structure. Derek provided the transporation out of the woods and a place to cover it, then table it for examination. I called John Green and John Bindernagel. I drove over and picked up Grover Krantz. I called Crook and Dahinden to tell them what we found and were bringing back.

I brought 175 lbs of plaster down. A full bag and three buckets I usually carry on trips like this one. The bag was going to be for Leroy. The cost me $25. I destroyed a $75 canopy after putting the poles from it inside the cast. I spent $200 on the wheels, $75 of the wood, $12 on the spray foam, $10 on sealer, $25 on steel tubing. I welded the structure, bolted on the wheels, hemped the cast into place, built the wood box and lid and spray foamed the gaps between.

Guest Kerchak

Some of us armchairs are good at recognizing animal sign from hunting experience and being exposed to fauna and their habits. :)

I don't buy half of what people claim they are good at. Too many people like to big up themselves on the internet and claim they are experts in this or in that. I've long since given up being naive enough to fall for anyone claiming over the internet that they are experts in some such field of other.

There are almost as many frauds claiming they are experts on the internet as there are people claiming to see bigfoot and we don't all automatically believe them now do we?

PS) There is no substitute for actually being there and analysing said original subject up close and in person.

Edited by Kerchak

I brought 175 lbs of plaster down. A full bag and three buckets I usually carry on trips like this one. The bag was going to be for Leroy. The cost me $25. I destroyed a $75 canopy after putting the poles from it inside the cast. I spent $200 on the wheels, $75 of the wood, $12 on the spray foam, $10 on sealer, $25 on steel tubing. I welded the structure, bolted on the wheels, hemped the cast into place, built the wood box and lid and spray foamed the gaps between.

I saw the video Powell uploaded of the process and the discovery. You guys did a great job preserving it and casting it.

Do hunters always think they have a leg up on us lowly Bigfoot researchers or something? Do they think we are just some silly city bumpkins running around the woods with our heads cut off? Never noticing the animals that live there?

I come from a family of avid hunters (Black powder, modern and bow) who have taken their fair share during the course of things, but I will have to say that I spend 100's of more hours in the woods observing wildlife and their sign than they do. It is almost like the only time they go out is to shoot something... during that time of year that is mostly what goes on... so what kind of behavior or sign are they seeing? Animals running away?

• masterbarber unpinned this topic