Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

Guest RedRatSnake

If you looking for footage from You Tube or a similar place i don't think there is any that fits the bill, And don't go saying cause they can't do it ~ :lol:

My personal belief is the Elk got startled and jumped out of that puddle hind legs first, that's no more far fetched than thinking a BF seen an apple feast and low crawled threw the puddle so he wouldn't leave foot prints ~ only thing that leaves ! Elk are a real living animal and BF lives in drawings and folks law.

Tim :)

I'm trying envision this. The elk throws its weight to the hind legs, lifts its wrists straight up and then what? Hops out of the mud on its hind legs?

If such a video exists on YouTube I haven't found it yet.

Guest HairyGreek

I just hope he has the courage to correct his mistake.

I'm sure he will as soon as you or someone else can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is an elk lay. Don't all scientists present their theories as fact when they have good evidence even if they don't have proof? Isn't this sort of common practice?

When something can be soundly refuted (which this or the last thread certainly hasn't done), then there is no more theory. I thought that is how it works.

Here is an idea: use an elk cadaver to lay on a copy of the cast to see if one can possibly correctly fit in one. Much more reliable than Kit playing "Missile Command" between two pictures that do not show any sort of scale.

Regardless, unfortunately the ambiguous nature of what evidence there is seems to rule out it ever being accepted even if the actual creature is discovered. JMO.

Guest RedRatSnake

When animals or even us get startled you can do amazing things, i really don't believe that a BF made that impression cause i think a BF at 500 pounds give or take would have made a way better impression of itself, Mr BF should have left way more in that mud if it was there both coming and going.

Basic rule with just about anything in life for me is always take the practical before the extraordinary ~

Guest HairyGreek

Point taken Tim. Here's the thing though. A bunch of guys who actually saw the real thing agreed an elk didn't fit in the space the way I hear it told. If that's the case, what's practical about putting a square peg through a round hole?

SSR Team

Elk are a real living animal and BF lives in drawings and folks law.

You might make your mind up one way or the other one day Tim..

Can you (or anyone else show) us how an elk gets up without using its lower forelegs?

The elk in the skookum cast got up in a very similar fashion to

. Also
.It is not an exact match, but it is close. If you'll take notice to where the feet go, and the wrists. Edited by 127

Guest RedRatSnake

Point taken Tim. Here's the thing though. A bunch of guys who actually saw the real thing agreed an elk didn't fit in the space the way I hear it told. If that's the case, what's practical about putting a square peg through a round hole?

Practical ~ There has never been a BF brought forward from any source, that leaves only one conclusion, ELK ~

Is there a BF living out there ? could be cause folks are seeing something at times, But that BF could be anything but BF ( Primate ) might just be Seal Team six out there doing stealth training.

Guest HairyGreek

Do you mean the one who gets up right where you had the video begin? The elk that puts it's rear hoofs down right under where it was laying? Am I missing something?

Practical ~ There has never been a BF brought forward from any source, that leaves only one conclusion, ELK ~

Is there a BF living out there ? could be cause folks are seeing something at times, But that BF could be anything but BF ( Primate ) might just be Seal Team six out there doing stealth training.

LOL...you sound like BAGWAJINNI(sp?). Practical pretty much means feasible. If someone can't prove an elk can get up without stepping in its on imprint, I just can't see the feasability of it being an elk either. Why can't it be a bear or something else? Why is everyone trying so hard to make it an elk when it doesn't seem to fit either...

Edited by HairyGreek

Do you mean the one who gets up right where you had the video begin? The elk that puts it's rear hoofs down right under where it was laying? Am I missing something?

Nope. The hoofs all clear the impression except for a small part of the left rear. (the skookum has them almost touching) The front impressions would only be wrists. (just like the skookum cast) Also note that it pushes off its wrists to the side, so that the first hoof prints are outside of where the body was.

That vid just don't have that sudden jump i think happened.

Yeah I didn't claim it was an exact match. Its just a similar fashion "move". Wheres the video of a bigfoot rolling and levitating out? :) (or any human showing the entrance and exit without leaving bigfoot prints)

The elk in the skookum cast got up in a very similar fashion to

. Also
.It is not an exact match, but it is close. If you'll take notice to where the feet go, and the wrists.

Right, it's not a match.

The elk in the Skookum impression merely walked across the area.

Right, it's not a match.

The elk in the Skookum impression merely walked across the area.

Nope, watch the discovery video part 1 on Powells youtube you can see tracks leading to the impression and away from it. No bigfoot prints anywhere. The elk laid and moved around a little, then got up and left. The impressions speak for themselves and you've been aware that elk can leave impressions with no hoof marks in the center very early on in this thread yet you still seem to want to ignore it.

skookum2.jpg

Still waiting on that bigfoot video, or human demonstration of the bigfoot theory.

Edited by 127

Guest HairyGreek

elk-splashing-in-a-mud-puddle.jpg

I thought this picture was interesting to the debate. Not really for either side, just makes you think about a few things.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic