Is The Skookum Cast Still Considered To Be A Potential Bigfoot Lay?

skookumelkprintscopy.jpg

skookum2.jpg

skookum-elk-comp-anim.gif

(snip)

Science and bigfoot sometimes don't go together. This is a perfect example in my opinion. Do you (or anyone) think Dr Meldrum is confident in his findings with this impression? How should this effect my confidence in future findings when things like this stick out like a sore thumb and nothing is addressed or revised? It gives me confidence that the scientists involved are not above confirmation bias, and not above reproach. In my opinion when it degrades to that point - it is no longer science. It is laughable. That is exactly what things like this bring to the table for bigfoot enthusiasts. Bigfooters say that they want this subject to be taken more serious. The scientists involved say they want the subject taken more serious. Yet- things like this are not addressed and requests for revision + opposing evidence ignored. As long as "we" collectively consume it - it's going to keep happening. When "we" as a whole stand up and say BS things can change. I'm hoping that may be the case with this skookum cast.

The evidence is overwhelming - yet it remains officially a bigfoot impression to Dr Meldrum.

Bigfoot:

no tracks leading up to or away from said impression

no hairs

nothing identifiable as bigfoot there.

to believe this scenario you must believe and have faith in the words of bigfoot enthusiasts - because that is the only evidence of any bigfoot there is words. You also must believe that the bigfoot performed some neat gymnastics and that it left no hairs in the mud despite leaving excellent hair impressions that had elk hairs in it.

Elk:

tracks present leading up to and away from impression.

hairs present.

the impression is identifiable as an elk impression.

to believe this scenario you can rely on facts and physical evidence.

This post needs to be quoted every time anyone tries to zombie the Skookum elk lay cast. It could not be more painfully obvious. That it is not dead and people still cling to it says much more about Bigfootery than anything about Bigfoot.

The original site...

SkookumImpressionBig.jpg 

RickAtSkookumImprint.jpg

I don't buy for a second that Meldrum does know that it's an elk lay.

• Upvote 1

Elk don't levitate.  I'm sorry, no woo allowed in science, gang.

That's a primate calcaneum, a massive one.  Until you prove it is not.  And yes, a renowned expert having spoken, the burden of proof is on you.  If one does not know the rules of engagement one has brought a straw to a rocket fight.

That sasquatch avoid mud is speculation.  It is actually backed by evidence from the animals we know about, which, yes, frequently avoid places where evidence of their presence would be left on the ground.  And there you are:  the reason one found no sasquatch *tracks* anywhere in or around the Skookum cast.

The very reason this spot has what it has and nowhere around it does...is that nowhere around it takes tracks.  Logic, a cool companion for hot heads.

How can anyone say this sasquatch left anything to identify it when woo woo, the smartest species on freakin Earth THINKS.IT.IS.AN.ELK!?!?!??!?!?!!?!

Another thing:  tracks tell not just where you are...but where you went.

Where did this sasquatch go before...and after?  No being on Earth who did not see it actually do this knows.

And of course the reason it would take this approach would be:  to avoid leaving the tracks none of which were found anywhere near the cast.

Edited by DWA

Its never cut and dried.

But non hooved animals do not leave the best impressions in the forest for sure. I kmow this from years of baiting Bears.

How can anyone say this sasquatch left anything to identify it when woo woo, the smartest species on freakin Earth THINKS.IT.IS.AN.ELK!?!?!??!?!?!!?!

A certain je ne sais quoi...

a471b894-185f-4182-8b79-90939a5c298d.jpg

typing.gif

• Upvote 4

In that specific part of the impression that you initially mentioned, which is the " Buttock " area ??

I don't just mean the whole Cast.

If so, how do you know that ??

BobbyO: 15 elk hairs were found. As for their specific location in the imprint you'd have to ask Dr Meldrum or whoever else may have collected them from it. I never mentioned any buttock area. Can you point that out in my post please? Personally I see an elk impression, not the buttocks of a bigfoot. The graphic that was supposed to illustrate a bigfoot in that position is laughable. It does not explain the impression or how the figure allegedly made it or how it came to be there in the wallow.

Maybe a fun game of twister?

1gjb6f.jpg

FireShotcapture064-SkookumCastInANutShel

Mostly show up as thin blue lines with me.  But this is what wrong people with nothing to talk about do, I guess.

Just wow.

Old Dog, how can you not want to poke fun after something like this?

Man, there are some really mean spirited people on these forums.

arrow-down.gif

LOL, so I'm picturing a few people scouring Amazon for books on BF so they can make a list.  

COfJN.gif

• Upvote 2

• masterbarber unpinned this topic